Southwest States - AZ, CA, CO, NM, OK, TX, AR, LA, UT, NV - Weather Discussion

Here in Cali beside the Colorado River, we just had a week of over 120 degree weather. I don't think we've ever had 120 degrees in the spring before and never every day for a week! I think we're in for a scorcher of a summer!
I was reminded of the temps of last summer when I read a statement today that the British snap chat engineer and his wife tried to save their baby who died first on a remote Calif hiking trail before they were killed by hyperthermia and dehydration due to the 100F heat in August. It was in the 70'sF when they started but very soon reached 90F. :(

12/3/21 Snapchat engineer and wife tried to save their baby who died first on remote California hiking trail | Daily Mail Online

Tornado hits south Texas, damaging dozens of homes
LAGUNA HEIGHTS, Texas — One person was killed and a curfew was imposed after a powerful tornado tore through a community near the southern tip of Texas before dawn Saturday, damaging dozens of residences and knocking down power lines, authorities said.

At least 10 others were hospitalized, including two people who were listed in critical condition, said Tom Hushen, the emergency management coordinator for Cameron County. Many residents also suffered cuts and bruises.

The tornado hit at about 4 a.m. as most people were in their homes asleep in the unincorporated community of Laguna Heights, located on the mainland across from South Padre Island, off the Gulf of Mexico. The county has among the highest poverty rates in Texas and is dotted with substandard housing.

Terrible, I was just there two years ago. Prayers going up!

So very sorry to hear this.
"...most people were in their homes asleep in the unincorporated community of Laguna Heights...The county has among the highest poverty rates in Texas and is dotted with substandard housing" = many of those affected may have no home insurance to help them recover.
Photo Gallery at myRGV.com: Tornado damage in Laguna Heights

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back