NV NV - Elko Co, Hwy 93, Thousand Springs Jane Doe, WhtFem 16-25, UP8359, no adrenals, Jul'74

I came across an horrendous story, and nothing is leading to this Jane Doe but...

The sisters then became friendly with 33-year-old Barbora Skrlova, an award-winning classical composer. Barbora had a glandular disease that made her look much younger than she really was. In fact, people often mistook her for a child. However, Barbora used this to her advantage. Prone to getting in trouble with the law, Barbora often posed as a minor to avoid charges being filed.

Does this makes any sense regarding this case?

The Mauerova Cult Family • Morbidology

I came across an horrendous story, and nothing is leading to this Jane Doe but...

The sisters then became friendly with 33-year-old Barbora Skrlova, an award-winning classical composer. Barbora had a glandular disease that made her look much younger than she really was. In fact, people often mistook her for a child. However, Barbora used this to her advantage. Prone to getting in trouble with the law, Barbora often posed as a minor to avoid charges being filed.

Does this makes any sense regarding this case?

The Mauerova Cult Family • Morbidology
There are hormone disorders that do that, but I would guess that it involves low growth hormone as that makes you shorter, smaller and can impact features... it can be as bad as drawfism but can be a lot more subtle and be just being shorter, Turner syndrome, failure to thrive, and other disorders.... I also look younger and I have low growth hormone. (Panhypopituitary aka panhypopit means most or all of the pituitary hormones are low).

There are hormone disorders that do that, but I would guess that it involves low growth hormone as that makes you shorter, smaller and can impact features... it can be as bad as drawfism but can be a lot more subtle and be just being shorter, Turner syndrome, failure to thrive, and other disorders.... I also look younger and I have low growth hormone. (Panhypopituitary aka panhypopit means most or all of the pituitary hormones are low).

Looking at Jane Doe she doesn't seemed to be particularly short 5'7 - 5'9

I fall in the same height range! The most common cause for Cushing’s, after taking too many steroids, is a pituitary tumor. So we have a few people born with it, but we have people in all age ranges, and all heights and sizes as it depends on if it hits after your growth plates are fused. I feel like I am getting very technical, at that time in the 70’s there was no MRI and no way to see pituitary tumors until they were huge, which they can do after adrenal removal (Nelson’s syndrome) which is why they stopped removing adrenals first for Cushing’s because some people went blind etc. I help people find doctors, answer questions about blood tests as a layman, support them emotionally, answer questions, help people along the diagnosis process for a national foundation.

Guessing, Jane Doe was 25-ish, her scar was healed so she had surgery 6 months to whatever before... She was thin, so she lost the “Cushing’s weight” a common symptom but does not happen always, likely it was year or more, and puts her in an age range after growth plates were fused...

Testing and treatment for growth hormone is relatively new. The direct pituitary hormone was found earlier but is not an accurate test as it goes to the liver and becomes a new hormone which was just found probably 20 years ago, as well as the medications are very recent. Btw, no pill for growth hormone will work as it is converted in the liver, so that is why it is an injection. The otc stuff is bunk. I see commercial for stuff to raise your growth hormone thousands of percent and I cry... that is another disease... you don’t want that, thankfully it won’t work. Yikes sorry for all the word soup... :eek:

Does this deceases tends to be more common among certain races? Is is genetic? Just looking for a way to turn all the information in a direction it could narrow down our search.

Cushing's Syndrome | NIDDK
The NIH tracks by age, and gender, but not race. In our own community (which is largely English speakers, USA and outside) we have people of all colors and ages, but few men. Few children, some teens, and just a couple older folks. The NIH says 30-50 is the most common ages. I was younger myself. I was in my 20’s.

There is one genetic form known, which is adrenal sourced. That is said to be quite rare. It was not known in the 1970’s. They say Cushing’s is quite rare but dogs and horses have it all the time... so we prefer to say it is rarely diagnosed... as underlying causes of high blood pressure and depression are not looked at, you are simply treated. In my own case, medications did not work, so I had to work harder to find answers all while be called a liar... my job was ethics and compliance so this was particularly galling.

Cushing's Syndrome | NIDDK
The NIH tracks by age, and gender, but not race. In our own community (which is largely English speakers, USA and outside) we have people of all colors and ages, but few men. Few children, some teens, and just a couple older folks. The NIH says 30-50 is the most common ages. I was younger myself. I was in my 20’s.

There is one genetic form known, which is adrenal sourced. That is said to be quite rare. It was not known in the 1970’s. They say Cushing’s is quite rare but dogs and horses have it all the time... so we prefer to say it is rarely diagnosed... as underlying causes of high blood pressure and depression are not looked at, you are simply treated. In my own case, medications did not work, so I had to work harder to find answers all while be called a liar... my job was ethics and compliance so this was particularly galling.
Thank you for sharing this information

Interesting they say diesel was poured on her as the accelerant, as diesel isn't flammable, and only ignites under pressure, as in an engine.
It would be difficult, if not impossible to set someone alight using solely diesel.

I wonder if it was a mixture, part diesel part something else? Or LE has been mistaken as to what was in the fuel can?

Or was that the reason for the 2nd fuel can near her, the perp tried with diesel, no good.....then he went back to get something else that would do the job....?

Interesting they say diesel was poured on her as the accelerant, as diesel isn't flammable, and only ignites under pressure, as in an engine.
It would be difficult, if not impossible to set someone alight using solely diesel.

I wonder if it was a mixture, part diesel part something else? Or LE has been mistaken as to what was in the fuel can?

Or was that the reason for the 2nd fuel can near her, the perp tried with diesel, no good.....then he went back to get something else that would do the job....?
Interesting on the diesel. It has a flash point of 52-96C. Flash point is the temperature it needs to reach to start to burn when exposed to open flame vs autoignition which doesn’t need external source. We use in the lab a lot and look for it as a contaminant. I guess one could dump diesel and would have to get blaze otherwise going for it to catch fire.
Took me a few tries to find a flash pointed listed on SDS and not just a > result. Flash points are considered when shipping material. If the flash is lower than a specific number that means it’s a flammable. If I remember properly diesel is considered a combustible.
https://www.marathonbrand.com/content/documents/brand/sds/0290MAR019.pdf

Every time I see this case I think about how Hunter s Thompson and his lawyer Gonzo (who is still a missing person) allegedly procured pure adrenalin in the form of adrenachrome which had to be harvested from a human adrenal gland. This is said to not be true as it cannot be harvested this way. But Thompson wrote about it so what if some people sickly believed this to be true and attempted to harvest from a living human? Also the fact this female was found in Nevada. Could this have been a local old wives tale among the druggies in Nevada - and someone ran too far with it?

Adam Gottlieb in his 1973 book “Legal Highs” claimed to have taken it.

“In his 1973 book Legal Highs, Adam Gottlieb described adrenochrome as being “physically stimulating” and inducing “a feeling of well-being, slight reduction of thought processes”. It’s unknown whether he ever took the drug or if this was based on hearsay. Legal Highs also contained entries on catnip and guarana, so the bar for a “high” was low.”

Last edited:
Thousand Springs Jane Doe has been unidentified for 48 years today.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back