AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the dad. MOO

I totally believe him.

IIRC he said although Summer loves the outdoors she is fully aware of the bears and wild dogs in the woods. I'm pretty sure those were his words. My ears aren't what they used to be either.

So I'm still standing by Summer didn't venture into woods. I also read upstream there was 2 entrances to property. Seems reasonable to me someone could have snatched Summer from other other side where flowers were. I hope I'm explaining this clearly.

MOO

See my kids wouldn't ask permission to be done helping with something like that either. lol They'd just take off. At that age they are super distracted all the time and aren't going to focus on any long term task even if they asked to help to begin with.

But still why would she ask to come in the house, ask to play with her toys and then not ask to leave the house?
All kids are different. Some shock the heck out of you and do something you never thought they would.

of course this is not a normal set of circumstances, that’s why it is a case here on websleuths. Almost all missing person cases involve an unlikely or unbelievable set of circumstances. That’s how we end up with missing persons.

edit MOO

I totally believe him.

IIRC he said although Summer loves the outdoors she is fully aware of the bears and wild dogs in the woods. I'm pretty sure those were his words. My ears aren't what they used to be either.

So I'm still standing by Summer didn't venture into woods. I also read upstream there was 2 entrances to property. Seems reasonable to me someone could have snatched Summer from other other side where flowers were. I hope I'm explaining this clearly.

MOO

Yes, he did say that he warned her that there were bears and wild dogs in the woods. I believe him because I do think he believes what he's been told happened while he was at work. That's all I'm saying about that at this point.

usually you haul your own stuff to the dump, some places you gotta pay for them to take it, not sure about there- or you burn it

Most counties in Tennessee have “convenience centers”, where you take your trash and some forms of recyclables. Our county has 5 or 6 locations to do this, spread out strategically throughout the county.

My county is about as rural as where Summer lives and is one of the 10 poorest counties in Tennessee. Rural trash pick up is available, but many here would not be able to afford it. The “convenience centers” are free, as long as your license plate on your vehicle is tagged for that particular county. Many here will burn trash as well.

That was very, very troubling to listen to for many reasons.

Having said that, I do know very religious people who, in a crisis, talk like he does because they are hanging on the best way they know how; by constantly referring to their faith and beliefs.

Exclusive Kingsport Times News interview with [DWW], father of Summer Wells who has been missing since June 15, 2021.

Father of missing 5-year-old Hawkins County girl believes she was abducted

(lengthy video at link)

See my kids wouldn't ask permission to be done helping with something like that either. lol They'd just take off. At that age they are super distracted all the time and aren't going to focus on any long term task even if they asked to help to begin with.

But still why would she ask to come in the house, ask to play with her toys and then not ask to leave the house?
its really not that unusual. she probably just didn't want to garden anymore and wanted to be excused. then she just wanted to do whatever she wanted because shes a child and they don't always ask for permission and don't always do what you expect them to.

How would he know what anyone wS doing if he was at work? He's not saying my wife said ...... MOO
Donald Wells: “I was at work, but from what my wife has told me, her, and her mother, and Summer were planting flowers by her grandma's trailer, which is about 20 feet from the house. Real close to the house. Summer, all of a sudden, said Mom I want to go in the house. So she said, fine.”
Watch now: 'Somebody has abducted her': Father of missing Hawkins child speaks out

Now that Summer's father has begun speaking to reporters we'll hopefully get more thorough information. I wish her mother would speak up too. I'm trying not to nitpick too much at the moment since no one has been named a suspect or POI.

I am sure LE has checked every abandoned appliance or automobile on the property, and I keep thinking of abandoned wells....just musings and thinking about an active 5 yr old, bored and looking for something to get into.

Summer’s father does bring up things that are commonplace currently here in Tennessee, that might not be as commonplace elsewhere.

Meth, as well as pill addiction, are quite common here currently. My county is also experiencing a HUGE resurgence in heroin addiction.

Meth is usually manufactured in “out of the way places”. Those who cook meth look for out of the way places to hide what they are doing, as well as the fact that making meth is fairly dangerous.

I live on a one lane, no outlet, tar and chip road that is 2 1/2 miles long and has 15 houses on it, and I know exactly what traffic is related to the one suspicious person that lives back here. We call it “5 minute traffic” because 5 minutes is all it takes for them to go back the holler, make their purchase and then leave.

Another thing to consider is that many times RSO seek rural, out of the way places to live for specific reasons.

Yes, he did say that he warned her that there were bears and wild dogs in the woods. I believe him because I do think he believes what he's been told happened while he was at work. That's all I'm saying about that at this point.
Yes, He said there were bears and wild dogs in the area, and "druggies that come around looking at peoples houses, all hours of the night."

IMOO... Most parents are convinced the child just didn't walk away. They just won't leave home. Not the case, I posted up thread a case of a 22 month old, traveled 1/4 mike over steep treacherous terrain and was found on a ledge.

I notice the dad said ...she loves the outside , just had to be outside.

Moo...I do believe she walked away, became distracted and lost. The problems with lost kids, they keep on the move and only stop when trapped on a ledge, brush or have no where to move to.

The dad took a lie detector test, been in the community 13 years, owns land, goes to church, being a small community I'm sure LE has a good idea of him.

LE is pulling out all the stops, dive teams, air support, thermal imaging, physically walking grid search. Over 44 agencies, large percentage are volunteer rescue and fire depts, state and federal agencies. Moo..LE believes she's in the woods.

Age 6, my cousin and I walked into the woods, after lunch one day. 2 mamas, 2 grannies and 4 aunts all killing, cleaning, freezing chickens. They didn't notice we were gone til they called us to set the table for supper. It happens, they thought we were at our play house, nope we were deep in the woods, bare foot. Growing up in the county, I total understand how she could of walked outside, saw an animal, followed it and the next thing she's lost.

All MOO....praying SW is found soon.
bbm
He did ?
I missed that.
It's good, though.
I wonder if Summer's mom has taken one as well ?

It's a start, for LE to begin with.
Imo.

Last edited:
If I understood him correctly, Dad says he left his job in Jonesborough after calling 911. He also says he arrived home before LE showed up. Jonesborough to Hawkins Co. is close to an hour drive. So...it took LE over an hour to respond to a missing child report ?

If I understood him correctly, Dad says he left his job in Jonesborough after calling 911. He also says he arrived home before LE showed up. Jonesborough to Hawkins Co. is close to an hour drive. So...it took LE over an hour to respond to a missing child report ?
I wondered where Jonesboro is. That's very interesting!

I would hope any wells have been capped.
So, end of the shift weather. It is 80 degrees. We still have sun for almost another hour. Today we gained divers. If she had been found we would know. At least night time temps are much better. 63 degrees which is well above the 50 degrees that is dangerous. The crews need to eat, hydrate and rest.
I doubt we will hear from them this evening. That has not been their pattern. But it would comfort me.
I do believe they would have noticed a car or truck. Ben Hill Rd is not a through way. It is a dirt road that has a few residences on it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member