AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen the dad speaking out, but since he wasn't there when it happened, that doesn't help my overall sense of how the family is dealing with this. Is there video yet of the mom speaking out? She's the one I really want to see and hear right now. Or the grandma. But mostly the mom.

If I had four kids that I was expected to prepare dinner for, I think that I would know it was about dinner time.

Perhaps, but none of us have any idea when this family eats or what their lifestyle is like. Your idea and my idea of suppertime (the what, the when, the how) may be completely different than theirs.

<modsnip> speculation isn't much and its not based on fact just speculation. <modsnip>

Honestly i try not to but i become more cynical as the broken,little bodies pile up.
For this case here i am still holding an open mind. Its very plausible that summer wandered off.

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand family and close acquaintances are scrutinized first. I believe dad took a polygraph (read a link somewhere yesterday ). This seems like a nice normal family. <modsnip> then boys play video games and Summer is outside with mom and grandma. It’s summertime and in my house at least, rules are looser. Dinner more casual, kids running outside etc.

Maybe dad is adamant she was abducted because she doesn’t have a history of playing in the woods. Maybe stories are inconsistent because 3 young boys are giving their versions (and who really pays attention to their sister when they’re online).

So 911 records the emergency call at 6:30 as missisng. But we are told she was seen walking away at 7pm? How is that possible?

MOO....the call was made around 5:30pm per the father. <modsnip> He drove from Jonesboro, arrived BEFORE LE.
I think the official in person report at the home taken by LE was 6:30 pm. The Sheriff stated "reported" missing, never heard LE state the time of the 911 call, only the father.

I'm kinda surprise local media hasn't obtained the 911 call under FOIA.

Rural LE cover a large area, with limited staff. It takes "a while", if everybody's on the other side of the county or active calls. I've waited up to an hour and half for LE, in my community.

Moo...

people felt heidi broussards fiancee was guilty and i can't imagine how hard it was for him knowing people thought he was a monster. feelings aren't facts and you aren't close enough with the family to have reliable instincts about them.
From experience with so many cases something I have always noted.
Innocent people couldn't care less what the public are saying about them. Truly.
Ask them. They know the truth and are not offended by hearsay for the most part.

Guilty people however are 100% of the time offended by, and worried what everybody are saying about them.
To the point of the case becomes all about them..their rights...and how they are the victim and no focus on the ACTUAL victim.

Smoke and mirrors...word salad...look there not here....deflection from the crime and victim.

So for the reasoning above, it shouldn't really be offensive to the family of Summer outsiders whom know nothing but snippets the sensationalizing media are peddling pointing fingers in every which direction.

<modsnip>
moo

The initial reports, according to the sheriff, was that the boys watched her go outside.

TBI issues endangered child alert for missing Hawkins County 5-year-old | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

Sheriff Ronnie Lawson told News 5 Summer Wells' siblings were the last to see her, shortly before 6 p.m. on Tuesday.
:
Wells was seen walking away from her home on Ben Hill Road around 7 p.m.

If LE said this, then they must be mistaken. The missing person report was called in at 6:30 pm (according to LE ), so how on earth could the boys have seen her walking away at 7 pm ?

I can resonate with not knowing exactly what time it was as a busy mum of 3. For example my eldest daughter is out with her friends, I couldn’t tell you what time she went out, I’d guess it was around an hour ago, if I was asked I’d say between 12-1pm. I know I said ‘bye, love you be careful’ to her but then I don’t know if my son or partner also spoke to her on her way out. If god forbid I had to report her missing I couldn’t tell you exactly what I was doing at the time, maybe tidying the kitchen- or was I on the toilet or making a coffee? My point being, no one expects certain moments to become significant until they do. No ones clock watching to see what exact time things are happening.

<modsnip> Like someone has mentioned up thread I’d be more inclined to believe if she was abducted it was a neighbour or someone close by. The area of the home doesn’t seem like somewhere that random strangers would be passing often. If she has wandered off and got lost then time is running out, also her father is very adamant that she has not gone off on her own. But then as parents, do we really know our child ‘definitely’ wouldn’t do something? All MOO

Watch now: 'Somebody has abducted her': Father of missing Hawkins child speaks out
He said his wife called him at work in Jonesborough and he told her to hang up and call 911
He arrived before law enforcement, but many of his neighbors were already searching the area around his home on Ben Hill Road.
Sounds like she called 911

This was an interesting interview with the father. I noticed a few things about what he had to say. One was his repetition that she must be "out of the area." I think - just my opinion - that this is more what he hopes than what he knows to be true. Because if she's not out of the area, that may be worse scenario in the back of his mind.

I also think that a child getting lost in a rural area is much more common occurrence, and a kinder fate (even if it doesn't end well), than abduction. And yet he seems focused on abduction.

Just some thoughts.

From experience with so many cases something I have always noted.
Innocent people couldn't care less what the public are saying about them. Truly.
Ask them. They know the truth and are not offended by hearsay for the most part.

Guilty people however are 100% of the time offended by, and worried what everybody are saying about them.
To the point of the case becomes all about them..their rights...and how they are the victim and no focus on the ACTUAL victim.

Smoke and mirrors...word salad...look there not here....deflection from the crime and victim.

So for the reasoning above, it shouldn't really be offensive to the family of Summer outsiders whom know nothing but snippets the sensationalizing media are peddling pointing fingers in every which direction.

<modsnip>

moo

Agree with everything you said 100%

<modsnip> I also wonder why LE refused to comment on "circumstances" within the home. What does that even mean ? The state of the parents marriage ( which, who cares about that ?), the living conditions of this family ? Whether CPS is involved ? It was a super weird, vague comment, imo. <modsnip>

Just a random thought without benefit of coffee.

<modsnip> This is a family that obviously doesn't have a lot of money and lives in a rural area. It certainly doesn't tell me with certainty that these parents were uncaring or capable of harming the children.

I’m still trying to catch up so I may have missed something. The accounts are not necessarily inconsistent IMO.
- Mom/Grandma saw Summer head home.
- They didn’t actually see her enter the home and therefore can’t say that she DID get home.
- Summer went inside while brothers were playing online.
- At some point, she left. Brothers may have heard a door open/close and assumed it was her, or they saw her out of the corners of their eyes. Kids on Roblox or whatever aren’t exactly paying attention to their surroundings.
- LE can’t say that she DID return or leave home, because the brothers didn’t actually see her return or leave.
- Times are still unclear because no one checked the time - they were busy gardening or playing. Maybe if the brothers could say “I heard Summer around the time I edited my avatar/searched for cool Minecraft videos” then LE could check the game/YouTube logs. But the time fuzziness doesn’t strike me as odd or nefarious, particularly for a late summer afternoon. Temporal markers like a school bus don’t exist, mail delivery is earlier in the day, and they don’t have neighbors (ex: a neighbor who is on a strict schedule).

I understand family and close acquaintances are scrutinized first. I believe dad took a polygraph (read a link somewhere yesterday ). This seems like a nice normal family. Took kids swimming during day and then boys play video games and Summer is outside with mom and grandma. It’s summertime and in my house at least, rules are looser. Dinner more casual, kids running outside etc.

Maybe dad is adamant she was abducted because she doesn’t have a history of playing in the woods. Maybe stories are inconsistent because 3 young boys are giving their versions (and who really pays attention to their sister when they’re online).

Watch now: 'Somebody has abducted her': Father of missing Hawkins child speaks out

In the phone interview contained in this link, dad says - and I'm paraphrasing - that Summer knows that there are bears and other wildlife in the woods so she doesn't go near it. I got the impression that she's afraid of the woods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member