AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch now: 'Somebody has abducted her': Father of missing Hawkins child speaks out

It is said that Summer, “all of a sudden”, wanted to go inside. Has this already been talked about or has anyone seen an interview where this is touched on in more depth? The term “all of a sudden” makes me think it was unusual, a surprise or out of character for summer. Did a car pass by at that moment? Did Summer hear a noise that startled her? I’d love to hear from mom if she can remember the surroundings during this “all of a sudden” moment.
bbm
Since the post above yours mentioned the mother is in the process of setting up an interview when the timing works out, we should have this clarified soon !

I'm still confused about where her 3 brothers were when she came in the house. They were on youtube or gaming but were they upstairs or downstairs? Did she enter upstairs and go downstairs alone or were her brothers down there? Were all of them together or 1 up 2 down? Was she ever alone with just one or were all together? MOO

The most detail I've seen is that they were inside, on youtube. No further info on where, inside.

MOO....the call was made around 5:30pm per the father. <modsnip> He drove from Jonesboro, arrived BEFORE LE.
I think the official in person report at the home taken by LE was 6:30 pm. The Sheriff stated "reported" missing, never heard LE state the time of the 911 call, only the father.

I'm kinda surprise local media hasn't obtained the 911 call under FOIA.

Rural LE cover a large area, with limited staff. It takes "a while", if everybody's on the other side of the county or active calls. I've waited up to an hour and half for LE, in my community.

Moo...

@Simply Southern brings up an excellent point. In the rural county I live in, it can take at least an hour for LE to get from one end of the county to the other, especially when there are limited officers on duty.

I love my rural Tennessee lifestyle and would never live anywhere else. BUT, I also realize it comes with some risks. My house would likely burn down before a fire company could get here in the event of a fire. It takes the rescue squad about 25 minutes to get here in the event of a life threatening situation.

Do I have any doubt there could be people living in the woods near Summer’s home? Absolutely not! Do I have any doubt people looking for drugs could go to the wrong house? Absolutely not! Do I have any doubt drug addicts will steal from anyone, anywhere? Absolutely not, as by doing that they now have more than what they did before, and it puts them one step closer to their latest fix!

TN AMBER Alert: Everything ‘still on the table’ in search for Summer Wells
WKRN News Jun 19, 2021

Thanks for the link !
Notice the date of this news article is this day, as in current, and not from the 15th ?

That's not encouraging at all.
:(

I keep hoping for some more confirmation from LE, as in -- "We believe she was abducted and taken by vehicle."
Or, "We believe Summer wandered off and is in the woods."
It's obvious LE are keeping all options open.
So disheartening.
Imo.

I know the dad said he took a polygraph test but has LE mentioned this? I’ve only been able to find it from the dad. I’m just curious on how common it is to have polygraph testing availability? I guess I’m not terribly educated on the use of them. Sorry if it’s a silly question.

<modnsip- quoted post removed>

I think that people living in the woods is more common than what many realize, and the current situation with real estate prices, lack of rental housing and COVID has only exacerbated the situation.

I relocated to Tennessee from the Northeast, and noticed immediately the homeless situation is very different down here than up North. There seem to be more homeless, which makes sense as the climate is more temperate. There is also more uninhabited land that is off the beaten path. It makes it easier for the homeless to live without being run off or bothered.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know the dad said he took a polygraph test but has LE mentioned this? I’ve only been able to find it from the dad. I’m just curious on how common it is to have polygraph testing availability? I guess I’m not terribly educated on the use of them. Sorry if it’s a silly question.

Not that I have seen. I wasn't sure how readily available they would be either. Someone had asked for a link showing that he passed but he never stated anything other than that he took one.

Not that I have seen. I wasn't sure how readily available they would be either. Someone had asked for a link showing that he passed but he never stated anything other than that he took one.
I just don’t understand what the purpose would be if he’s not a POI? Would they typically have family take one just to rule them out? I’m trying to think if I’ve seen this before where a parent takes one just to take one? Seemed odd to me.

I just don’t understand what the purpose would be if he’s not a POI? Would they typically have family take one just to rule them out? I’m trying to think if I’ve seen this before where a parent takes one just to take one? Seemed odd to me.
I don't know if LE would normally give them to rule out but maybe if he requested it? To clear up any doubts? I'm not sure though.

Does anyone have a current photo of exactly where the grandmother’s camper is located on the property?

When Summer 1st went missing, I did my usual Google Maps & street view. The trailer on Street View appears to be located in the open area, next to the shed on Beech Creek. (I apparently can’t upload screenshots because the files are too big.). There is an easement gap between the trees that leads from the open area where the camper is to the open area where the house is. All overhead views show the camper either near the home or not at all. Is it possible that this is the current location of the camper or is there a more current view that shows the camper much closer to the residence?

Dad was at work and seems to have a pretty good alibi, he only knows what mom and granny told him. He seems to be hoping that she was kidnapped, because if she was not taken then he knows the outcome will not be good after this long with no evidence that she just walked off.

@Simply Southern brings up an excellent point. In the rural county I live in, it can take at least an hour for LE to get from one end of the county to the other, especially when there are limited officers on duty.

I love my rural Tennessee lifestyle and would never live anywhere else. BUT, I also realize it comes with some risks. My house would likely burn down before a fire company could get here in the event of a fire. It takes the rescue squad about 25 minutes to get here in the event of a life threatening situation.

Do I have any doubt there could be people living in the woods near Summer’s home? Absolutely not! Do I have any doubt people looking for drugs could go to the wrong house? Absolutely not! Do I have any doubt drug addicts will steal from anyone, anywhere? Absolutely not, as by doing that they now have more than what they did before, and it puts them one step closer to their latest fix!
I live in rural East Texas and your post is absolutely on point in every detail. Most logical post I've seen here. People love the country life, but with it comes less luxuries you take for granted living in the city.
Thank goodness for GPS if you have a medical emergency, and fire control is a volunteer fire department. But what there is, is an abundance of neighbor helping neighbor. I'd like to hear from some of them, friends, church people, school teachers, etc. What do they think?? Believe me, I know, they all have an opinion and first hand knowledge.

Dad was at work and seems to have a pretty good alibi, he only knows what mom and granny told him. He seems to be hoping that she was kidnapped, because if she was not taken then he knows the outcome will not be good after this long with no evidence that she just walked off.
I know, I'm not disputing that or suggesting otherwise. He is just repeating what he's been told.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj