AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this helps a little with a timeline anyway. So...the brothers last saw her shortly before 6 pm, and the missing person report was called in at 6:30 pm. According to the father, the mother called him at work and he told her to call 911 and he says that he also called and then left work immediately. He works close to an hour away from home, and he says he arrived home before LE was on scene. So that means LE had to arrive to the home sometime around 7:30 ( or 7:15 if Dad was able to make the drive from work in 45 minutes ).

Did I miss anything ?
The fathers drive may be an hour if you do the speed limit but most of his drive would be interstate 81 which is pretty straight in that area and no one drives the speed limit. I personally go around 100 on that stretch at times and have people pass me like I am sitting still.

Hawkins is a large county with an understaffed sheriff department. It is not unusual for response times to be an hour is some cases. They lived near the Greene and Sullivan county line on the northeast section of the county. Because of the mountains cell service and police radio service is spotty is parts of the county. However they are just a few miles from interstate 81 and cell companies have towers up and down the interstate to keep travelers from having dead spots in their service. Their home is also less than 5 miles from the THP northeast HQ in Fall Branch, TN. The THP has a helicopter stationed there I believe.

A possibility - JMO- not to be confused as fact.

I recall at times my grandmother seeing a flower/plant on the hill side and wishing she could grow it near the house. Someone would then dig up the plant so she could give it a try.

While we don’t see what we might think of as fresh marigolds or other plantings in the linked photo, I wonder if the the taller maroon looking flowers (possibly called Rose Campion) in the black tub could be a wildflower that was found growing on the hillside. Could it be possible if that were the case that it was dug up and that was what was being planted? Maybe part of the planting process involved mom or someone walking to dig them up, etc.

When someone says planting flowers, I am just thinking in my mind of ways this could be accurate without it being the traditional vision we may come to of a garden bed with little marigolds or tilled spots for seeds.

Again JMO - trying to look at it differently - possible optimistic perspective

Attaching link to photo for reference.

https://twitter.com/Sl8rT/status/1406421046534852610?s=20

Last edited:
Well, this helps a little with a timeline anyway. So...the brothers last saw her shortly before 6 pm, and the missing person report was called in at 6:30 pm. According to the father, the mother called him at work and he told her to call 911 and he says that he also called and then left work immediately. He works close to an hour away from home, and he says he arrived home before LE was on scene. So that means LE had to arrive to the home sometime around 7:30 ( or 7:15 if Dad was able to make the drive from work in 45 minutes ).

Did I miss anything ?

Also, a question is how did DW beat LE to his house being his work is an hour away.
Looking at the fastest route he could get home within 36 minutes

1IMG_20210620_123249 (2).jpg 3IMG_20210620_123437 (3).jpg

The first is the middle of Jonesborough to 110 Ben Hill Rd 36 minutes
The second will not upload, it is Rogersville PD to 110 Ben Hill Rd 33 minutes
The third is Hawkins County Sheriff 's Office to 110 Ben Hill Rd 36 minutes

Last edited:
A possibility - JMO- not to be confused as fact.

I recall at times my grandmother seeing a flower/plant on the hill side and wishing she could grow it near the house. Someone would then dig up the plant so she could give it a try.

While we don’t see what we might think of as fresh marigolds or other plantings in the linked photo, I wonder if the the taller maroon looking flowers (possibly called Rose Campion) in the black tub could be a wildflower that was found growing on the hillside. Could it be possible if that were the case that it was dug up and that was what was being planted? Maybe part of the planting process involved mom or someone walking to dig them up, etc.

When someone says planting flowers, I am just thinking in my mind of ways this could be accurate without it being the traditional vision we may come to of a garden bed with little marigolds or tilled spots for seeds.

Again JMO - trying to look at it differently - possible optimistic perspective

Attaching link to photo for reference.

https://twitter.com/Sl8rT/status/1406421046534852610?s=20
Those tomatoes in the blue bin are way too big to be recently purchased from a store. No nursery would have them that big in a pot. They’ve been in the ground somewhere prior to that bin.

The sheriff dept does not have that many deputies on duty at any one time to begin with.
Add to that it was during a time of day during the week when crime is low. They keep more people on the road later in the evening and weekends.
I called to report a wreck with people hurt and had to wait for an hour before the police arrived. The rescue squad and volunteer firemen had came and left before the deputy got there. This county is one of the poorer in the area with Hancock county which has borders with Hawkins being worse.
It is a larger county area wise but not in population or wealth.

A question is how did DW beat LE to his house being his work is an hour away.

View attachment 301441 View attachment 301442

l

I have a home in a nearby county. We had a chimney fire once. It took the fire department an hour to arrive. A relative who lived 45 minutes away from our place arrived in 30 minutes and had the fire out before the fire department arrived. This is not unusual at least in rural areas in East Tennessee.

That sounds like they may be calling off the search. NOT GOOD

More likely that they immediately received the ice and that was all they needed.

True but the wording they used as in IF anything is needed in the coming week, not WHAT will be needed in the coming week

I don’t know what they have on hand to store ice in but it’s possible they simply don’t have the space to keep it without it melting. Non-perishables would be a different story.

jmo

Good afternoon! After so many hours of no sleep and very little on the others, I couldn't wake this morning. I tried. I was like a blind bear in a china shop and had to go back to bed. I didn't have a choice.
I love all the empathy and compassion here today!
It wouldn't have done me any good to bathe my kids before dinner in the summertime. They would head right back outdoors after until dusk. They invented their own water slide: down a muddy creek bank into the small creek. And I cut my daughter's long curly hair short. There were ticks and curly hair quickly turns into something Phyllis Diller would have envied.
Of course, I hoped Summer had been found while I slept. Soon, I tell myself, soon.
Daily weather update is that in keeping with the date, summertime temps are resuming and it is getting hotter by the day, very rapidly over these last few days when we faced almost record breaking lows during nights and balmly daytime temps. We dropped to 51 twice and record low is 49. Today it is currently 86 degrees and mostly cloudy. Haven't looked up humidity but I can feel it is high. Low tonight is 67. A chance of precipitation.

Those tomatoes in the blue bin are way too big to be recently purchased from a store. No nursery would have them that big in a pot. They’ve been in the ground somewhere prior to that bin.

In one of the three photos I see they have a dog. Sorry if that was mentioned.

Just wondering if a stranger was around the property would the dog react?

No necessarily. As people got out of church, checked the update, grabbed ice and dropped it off, they could have had 50 bags in under an hour! The generosity in this area is amazing.

Exactly and many would bring coolers with their names on them. Or disposable styrofoam coolers.

Since my frig w/ ice maker went out. I routinely keep 5 bags of ice in the chest freezer.

Last edited:
Also, a question is how did DW beat LE to his house being his work is an hour away.

When I got the call that my nephew was missing, they lived 10 minutes from me; I made it there within 3. In hindsight, that was very dangerous, but panic puts you in a different mind frame where logical thinking does not exist for some. MOO
Hearing Dad say he made it there before police, he kind of chuckled a little bc he knew he was speeding and driving wreck less, or that's the way I interpreted it. IMO

That sounds like they may be calling off the search. NOT GOOD
I'm thinking, its huge community response.

I'd be at Food Lion buying all the ice they had, Little Debbie, too. It doesn't matter how much they say, they don't need stuff, rural folks will keep bringing. Some go off the deep end....I couldn't reach my Bestie, when a fire broke out in her county, called and called her cell. I did run into while delivering water, Little Debbie and Vienna sausages to the fire dept. She had the local county store making hamburger, hot dogs, FF, etc and she was running an open tab, paying for it all and shuttling it to the fire dept. The first few hours there is not as much, but soon it pours in.

I'm being optimistic. Today will be a hard day for all, day 6. Many volunteers will need to return to work. Rain is coming....

Praying, hoping for Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member