WA - Juliette Parker, 38 & daughter, 16, drugged woman to steal baby, Spanaway, Feb 2020 *Arrests*

Friday, June 11th:
*Trial Readiness Status Hearing (@ 8:30am PT) – WA – Elysia Miller victim w/5 wk. old baby (Feb. 5, 2020, Spanaway) - *Juliette Leilani Parker (38/now 39) aka Juliette Noel & Juliette Gaines arrested & charged (2/14/20) & arraigned (2/18/20) with 2nd degree assault & 2nd degree attempted kidnapping. Plead not guilty. $50K bond (released over the weekend on $5K bail (originally set at $50K but bonded down to 10%). Judge changed (2/18/20) bond to $150K; back in jail. Released a second time (2/20/20) at about 1:40 p.m. after she paid the increased bail amount.
*16 year old daughter (now 17) of Parker arrested & charged (2/14/20) with 2nd degree assault & 2nd degree attempted kidnapping. Held at Remann Hall Pierce County Juvenile Detention Center. Released () to group home.
Arrested after allegedly posed as baby photographers & drugged a woman in an attempt to steal her newborn. It was on the third visit that the woman alleges that the drugging took place. Parker's teenage daughter allegedly gave the victim a cupcake & as soon as she ate the treat, the woman immediately felt drowsy.
Trial was set to begin on 11/5/20 continued to 2/24/21 continued to 6/29/21.

Court info from 2/14/20 thru 9/3/20 reference post #142 here:
WA - Juliette Parker, 38 & daughter, 16, drugged woman to steal baby, Spanaway, Feb 2020 *Arrests*

9/9/20 Update: Hearing was cancelled. Trial on 9/15/20 has been cancelled. Next trial readiness status hearing on 10/23/20. Trial now set to begin on 11/5/20.
10/23/20 Update: Trial readiness hearing was held. Next trial on 11/5/20.
11/5/20 Update: Trial continuance-granted. Next Trial readiness status hearing on 2/5/21 & trial to begin on 2/24/21. 2/5/21 Update: Trial readiness hearing on 2/5/21 & trial on 2/24/21 have been continued. Next Trial readiness status hearing on 6/11/21 & trial will now begin on 6/29/21.

Update: Trial readiness hearing on 2/5/21 & trial on 2/24/21 have been continued. Next Trial readiness status hearing on 6/11/21 & trial will now begin on 6/29/21.[/QUOTE]
IT IS ABOUT TIME!

Date Judge Dept Type Outcome
06/11/2021 08:30 AM CRIMINAL DIVISION- PRESIDING JUDGE CDPJ TRIAL READINESS STATUS HEARING HELD

06/29/2021 08:30 AM CRIMINAL DIVISION- PRESIDING JUDGE CDPJ JURY TRIAL
link: Pierce County Superior Court Criminal Case 20-1-00701-5
Hopefully this is true - that trial starts on 6/29....

Yes this is true so far. No continuence this time.
Unfortunately, tonight Lifetime television came out with a movie based on this case claiming that it was based on a TRUE story with Parker's pictures posted on the website that released the story about the movie. I have a feeling that may effect the jury selection and or the entire trial itself.. . .

Yes this is true so far. No continuence this time.
Unfortunately, tonight Lifetime television came out with a movie based on this case claiming that it was based on a TRUE story with Parker's pictures posted on the website that released the story about the movie. I have a feeling that may effect the jury selection and or the entire trial itself.. . .

Yes, I don't understand "why" they make movies before the trial has been done. It probably does influence some people who might be on the jury. But I'm going to assume they weed those people out - IF they are truthful.

Yes, I don't understand "why" they make movies before the trial has been done. It probably does influence some people who might be on the jury. But I'm going to assume they weed those people out - IF they are truthful.

I hope so. Correct me if I am wrong but isn't it illegal to post something such as a news article, or movie, and claim that they are true/fact or based on a true story when the "alleged ciminal" hasnt even been convicted of a crime?

Same. She gives Letecia Stauch vibes, just fabricating stories that she assumes no one will fact check.
Im not sure that is the case. Just throwing that out there. Due to HIPPA Laws medical records cant be posted publicly anyway so I am not sure how it would be proven.
Alot of assumptions can be made for people on either side of the story.

Quote snipped.

JP is saying she has bone cancer?? That is a huge deal, if true. Imagine attempting to abduct an infant while battling cancer OR planning to start a new life with the baby somewhere. Was she planning to discontinue treatment since she'd be "on the run?" (How could you continue treatments while you're a fugitive?)
Wow.
I know this post is pretty old now, however, I just saw it so I wanted to comment on it.
Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? I understand that the goal is to solve the crime. With that said, why is it always ASSUMED that the "alleged criminal is guilty? Does anyone ever consider that that "facts" may not actually be correct?
The ironic thing about this case now, aside from not having any tangible evidence and the star witness recanting his story, is that the Detective that led this investigation, Ed Troyer, who is now our COUNTY SHERIFF, is currently facing a 5 Million Dollar lawsuit for filing a false police report. (link below)

If anyone has seen my other comments, I mentioned that Troyer knowingly posted 3 CROPPED photos of Parker with her own infant son and said they were looking for the mothers of the 3 babies in the pics because there could "possibly be 3 more potential victims." This ongoing investigation into Troyer's conduct goes to support why I think they botched Parker's case to begin with. If a Former Detective and now County Sherriff is the subject of a criminal investigation of this magnitude, I am wondering how many other INNOCENT people has forced false or negligent charges against?
Jury selection should start at the end of the week and the trial is anticipated to be around 15 days so I we will have to wait and see what the outcome is.

Inslee directs Washington attorney general to investigate Pierce County Sheriff Ed Troyer | king5.com

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...ier-confronted-by-sheriff-files-5m-tort-claim

More trouble for Troyer: Activists file federal complaint against Pierce County sheriff

Scary. I hope Juliette seeks help. She does not seem stable, at all, IMO. It’s a shame the victim no longer wanted to go forward with all of this, but I understand why.

I don't. It takes a whole bunch of steps and decision points just to drug someone without consent. There should be consequences.

I don't. It takes a whole bunch of steps and decision points just to drug someone without consent. There should be consequences.

of course. I never said otherwise. But I understand why victims decide they no longer want to keep reliving their assault over and over. If you look at the link, the charges were dropped because the victim was no longer “cooperating” (I don’t like that term in this context, but that’s how the court site words it).

Scary. I hope Juliette seeks help. She does not seem stable, at all, IMO. It’s a shame the victim no longer wanted to go forward with all of this, but I understand why.

The trial was continued 3 times. That means the alleged victim had ample time and opportunity to change her mind if she was "to scared" to testify. It just so happens that a Lifetime movie came out about the ALLEGED crime 2 or 3 days after trial was actually confirmed and the just happened cancelled the very next day.
Has anyone considered that maybe she didn't cooperate because the crime never actually took place the way she claimed? Maybe she realized how serious her allegation were?

Last edited:
The trial was continued 3 times. That means the alleged victim had ample time and opportunity to change her mind if she was "to scared" to testify. It just so happens that a Lifetime movie came out about the ALLEGED crime 2 or 3 days after the trial was finally confirmed and the trial just happened to be cancelled the very next day.. . .
Has anyone considered that maybe she didn't cooperate because the crime never actually took place the way she claimed? Maybe she realized how serious her allegation were?
I would not be the least bit surprised if there is a lawsuit against the alleged victim or the county within the next year.
If you read the paperwork in the case, or even some of the stories in the media, there was no tangible evidence and her bitter exboyfriend was one of the main witnesses in the case. One story suggested that she duped an exboyfriend and used the pics of babies she took to lie to him and say it was their baby, not to actually kidnap any baby.
Not to mention, nothing says ANYWHERE that she actually tried to take the baby or had anything at her bome to even care for a baby. The whole case was based on an alleged PLOT to kidnap a baby, not an actual attempt. There are a lot of details that don't add up for her to be convicted Beyond a reasonable doubt.

Last edited:
I would not be the least bit surprised if there is a lawsuit against the alleged victim or the county within the next year.
If you read the paperwork in the case, or even some of the stories in the media, there was no tangible evidence and her bitter exboyfriend was one of the main witnesses in the case. One story suggested that she duped an exboyfriend and used the pics of babies she took to lie to him and say it was their baby, not to actually kidnap any baby.
Not to mention, nothing says ANYWHERE that she actually tried to take the baby or had anything at her bome to even care for a baby. The whole case was based on an alleged PLOT to kidnap a baby, not an actual attempt. There are a lot of details that don't add up for her to be convicted Beyond a reasonable doubt.

You are obviously very close to the suspect(s) in the case

You are obviously very close to the suspect(s) in the case
@bears10 that has ben discussed in a previous comment.
Just a heads up to all about this case, I believe Good Morning America is doing a story about this tomorrow morning now that the case has been dismissed.

https://www.thenewstribune.com/news/local/crime/article240512301.html

Feb 21, 2020

[..]

Parker allegedly posed as a baby photographer on Facebook groups for new parents and offered to take free portraits of newborn girls as a way to bolster her portfolio.

When she visited the new mothers’ homes, she was spotted taking cell phone selfies with the babies and wiping her fingerprints off things she touched.

On Feb. 5, Parker and her teenage daughter went to the Graham home of [EM] to take pictures of her 5-week-old daughter.

They insisted Miller try two cupcakes and wine they’d brought with them, according to charging papers.

Almost immediately, Miller felt ill, and her face and body went numb.

[..]

Miller called 911 and went to the hospital when she became unstable on her feet and could not stop vomiting.

Doctors said it appeared she’d been given GHB, the date rape drug, according to court records.

Since the incident, Miller said she’s lived in fear and sleeps with a knife underneath her pillow. She keeps a machete and pepper spray close by at all times when she’s home or in her car.

[..]

Messages on Parker’s phone included a November 2019 exchange with an ex-boyfriend whom she asked if he could get her GHB, according to charging papers.

In the same conversation, Parker “talked about how they should get a kid from a homeless person and raise the child together in a nice house,” records say.

Detectives believe Parker was planning to kidnap a baby and raise it as her own out of state.

At least a dozen women have come forward since Parker’s arrest and told detectives stories about their own message exchanges or visits with Parker.

There was probable cause to arrest both Parker and her daughter. The new mother victim/witness was obviously traumatized by her encounter with the perps. I disagree that this crime against her did not happen as alleged. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back