AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can easily envision a scenario where mom, grandma and Summer are outside planting flowers. Summer goes inside for whatever reason and eventually goes back outside through the back/basement door. As Summer is going back out, mom is going in through the front door and they miss each other. I haven’t seen anything at all about where the grandmother was at that point…was she still outside or did she and Candus/mom finish everything and they both went into their respective homes? It’s very possible she went inside her own home at the same time Summer’s mom went inside theirs…at the same time Summer was going out the back door. Just a perfect storm of them all just missing each other. Summer could then have easily wandered down to the road and been abducted from that point. It doesn’t have to be someone coming into their home, or even on their property, at all.
I agree! I’ve thought this all along. I think they just missed each other, putting Summer back out front on her own.

Thinking about it now, I wonder that if the dog lost scent of her at the end of the driveway - would that contribute to the amber alert being issued? Could that be the "new information" that caused them to believe she was in grave danger at that point? Thinking she was taken there? They wouldn't elaborate on whatever the new info was. Nor have I seen LE state anything about the dog losing her scent, that came solely from down.

But also - if that were the case and LE doesn't want to comment on it, they likely would have advised dad not to speak on it either.

I personally feel there would be a different tone and urgency to spreading the word about possible abduction from LE if they considered it a real possibility. But who knows what is going on with the investigation side of things. I agree with others that I haven't ever seen such a huge response/search like we have seen here.

So what are the different options of what could have happened.....

1. She's wandered off and is lost in the woods
2. She was abducted
3. Someone at home did something to her and has covered it up

Any other options?

I'm just not buying that she was abducted, it's just too rural for an opportunistic abduction, even if it was someone watching her, they'd have to been either very 'lucky' or very brazen to get her without anyone noticing.
I'm also not sure the parents did anything in this case, I just don't get that feeling, her Dad is just broken and i've seen a photo of Mom and she looks devastated too.

I really hope they find her really soon. Where are you sweet Summer Moon?
3. I’ll sit on my fingers for now.

He’s pretty much stated abduction from the moment he arrived home.

Summer’s father had a minimum drive home of 30-40 minutes from work after Summer’s mother called and said she was missing. 30-40 minutes alone driving, while his mind was going crazy with possibilities. I would bet good money if you asked him if he remembers any of that drive, what the traffic situation was, what he saw, what he drove passed, he would say he doesn’t remember it- he was thinking about Summer and where she could be.

No parent wants to think their child would go into a rural area with dense woods, alone. No parent wants to think their child would do something that their parent has warned them against doing. No parent wants to think their child may have fallen prey to not listening to what they have been told.

I can provide you the perfect example.

I traveled extensively for work. My child was 14 at the time of this incident. Old enough to be home alone during the day.

I was away overnight when a neighbor called me to tell me that another neighbor had attempted to kill his girlfriend, burn the house down and take shots at responding LE and the fire department. He then escaped into the woods. He was tracked by a helicopter with heat sensing technology, until they lost him and had no idea where he was. He was armed and dangerous. My ex-husband left for work that morning, knowing nothing of the incident, other than the road was partially closed.

I called my daughter, told her what was happening, that she should lock all doors and windows, and not leave the house unless it was with a police officer, her father or myself. I then got in the car to make the 3 hour drive home as quickly as possible.

When I arrived, LE was in the process of arresting the man, approximately 100 yard away from our house, in a vehicle that was stored inside a barn. My daughter told me she had walked to that barn earlier to see where the police were, and she came within mere feet of this deranged person without knowing it. All because she did not do what I told her for her own safety.

Certainly not my proudest moment as a parent, and it scared my daughter greatly, much to my satisfaction!

Is there someone in the area who could walk out to their woods and make a photo of what the terrain is like? I would do it myself, but I'm not there at the moment. I think there may be people who have no idea what the woods and terrain are like there. It's very thick with vegetation this time of year (jungle-like). Summer could literally be on the ground beside you and you wouldn't see her.

To those who think mom did this, how? How in the world did she pull this off? <modsnip> and calling her husband, she had what, 4 hours? To kill her, hide her body so thoroughly that nobody has found her in a week, cleaned up all evidence that it occurred (or else surely she'd have been arrested by now), she did all of this either without grandma and her boys knowing OR she is so effective at coaching them to say the right things that they all believe her, too? Why even call her husband to say Summer is missing? Why call 911? Why not just wait longer and put more time between yourself and the crime, like we usually see in these cases?

What a criminal mastermind she must be...

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve been silently following this case. Little ones many times will hide from searchers fearing they will be in trouble. Not even responding to parents calling them. Shared with me over the years – child is missing from the home/yard. Child found hiding in attic space of shed (when the child heard the dog coming into the shed he started laughing and was excited about the dog); child found hiding under shed; child hiding in cushions on sofa under blanket; child made a hole in the box springs under bed; child found hiding in suitcase in the basement; child found hiding under old clothes in a closet. These are all happy endings resolved rather quickly with a good laugh for the child when they are older. In these situations, dogs would not leave the property. Handlers confident in their dogs insisted on 2nd, 3rd, etc. searches where parent verbal callouts were used and areas already searched, especially in the house.

Children can also wander off and move faster than you think. Initial searches were probably about containment because they thought she was on the move. You are anticipating running into the subject at some point. As time goes on, your search area may expand based on information received, specific information about the subject, etc. You might also have to go through areas again more thoroughly – considering the terrain and probability of detection within those surroundings. Lost people in general tend to stay put at night and the reason many SAR like night searches, also less public/news distractions, night conditions can sometimes assist the dogs.

What we the public can visibly see is a strong continual search mission by land, air and water for this little girl. What we can’t see is the investigation behind the scenes. As always, on social media I’m disappointed at some of the wild accusations and theories being thrown out about this family. LE was serious when they mentioned social media rumors and wasting their time and resources on calling them in. Subject to change, I’m leaning more towards her being in the search area and sadly waiting to be recovered. The how and the what – I don’t have strong feelings about yet. Hoping for a miracle here. IMO, IMO.

Is there someone in the area who could walk out to their woods and make a photo of what the terrain is like? I would do it myself, but I'm not there at the moment. I think there may be people who have no idea what the woods and terrain are like there. It's very thick with vegetation this time of year (jungle-like). Summer could literally be on the ground beside you and you wouldn't see her.
Photos have been posted in media that give outsiders a good indication of the landscape and terrain.

jmo

I'd do it, but my property backs up to 650,000 acres of National Forest. I don't think it's a fair representation of where Summer lives. I'm much more rural.

I will say this, though, as an avid back country hiker who has hiked all over the US , this area has some very unique challenges. 1. The vegetation is VERY dense and the forest floor is littered with debris. Branches, sticks, rocks , nettles , poison ivy , ticks, the occasional copperhead , etc. etc. It's VERY hard on the feet and calves and you have to tread very slowly and carefully (if you're off trail ). 2. The overhead canopy is also very dense. In many places, you can't count on seeing anything above you but the canopy. So, you can't count on the sun for direction, and you sure can't count on being seen from the air. 3. It is VERY easy to lose all sense of direction without a compass. You know that saying, "Moss always grows on the northside of trees " ? That's a myth, trust me. 4. You encounter endless steep ridges and they are exhausting to traverse. Many times I have felt fresh enough to go, and by the time I made it to the top of the ridge , the cramps in my legs forced me to stop for a few hours. Pushing through that sometimes isn't a wise option because pushing yourself past muscle failure can lead to life threatening injuries out here without cell phone reception or access to trained medical aid. 5. There are a lot of creeks. They don't usually pose much of a problem, but under the right conditions, they can. Especially if there has been a lot of rain.

Anyway...long post. But I hope it was helpful in some way.

I am pretty sure Tennessee updated the amber alert to 21 years old. The mother of Holly Bobo was the one that pushed that because she had to lie to get one issued for holly who was 18 when she was murdered.
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation website states 17 year old. I post directly from the page and included a link.

I notice they have many other alerts for missing persons, with various ages and criteria. Maybe it was one of those.

Moo...

sitting on my hands and resisting the urge to correct bad info/rumors.

I hope the update this afternoon gives us something encouraging but my heart sinks for Summer with each passing day. Praying the weather doesn't make searchers already difficult task more difficult.

I've seen the photos that have been posted. I don't think the ones posted give an idea of what the woods there are really like.
Okay, but I think most of us have caught on to the idea that groups of professionals can't find her. I haven't noticed anyone discounting the diffculty of the search in the dense terrain, but I'm also skipping over pages as I read so perhaps I missed posts suggesting otherwise.

jmo

Any mention of Summer wandering off to play in the woods by herself in the past?

Not that I'm aware. In fact, according to her father, he has made the kids VERY aware of the dangers the woods can present. Of course, that doesn't mean that she couldn't have done it this time. Kids are curious. She could have gone in just a little to pick a flower or chase a rabbit and lickity split lost direction. That said, I think if that were the case, she would have been located by now. Especially if SAR is using thermal imaging.

JMO

Was it confirmed that they went swimming? Last I read there was no MSM link confirming that.

At this time it is unconfirmed as there has been no MSM, LE, or statement by the parents stating such. I realize this is coming from social media, and under WS victim friendly policy SM of victims may not be discussed.

Hope that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member