AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Human trafficking is a reach though eh. I wouldn’t automatically come to that conclusion if god forbid my child went missing..
A big stretch IMO

I believe most likely she did wander off into the woods. I keep checking here daily hoping I’ll see the outcome that she was found safe alone in the woods like a few other little ones have been lucky enough

This case seems like it would fit into the Ronald Cummings playbook ,not to antagonize but a lot of things seems the same.

This should not be more stressed!

Any mom would ,however the rules specifically imply certain aspects be met issue an amber alert ,which undeniably have not been met publicly ..

I do not think that is possible.

All the rules for a Tennessee Amber Alert have been met in Summer's case.

This feels like an appropriate time to deliver a friendly WS Mama Bear reminder to everyone. Please remember to be good to yourself and your emotional well-being. Not a single thing will change for this child, good or bad, if you step away from the internet for a little mental balance check. Go outside and looks at something beautiful , take a bubble bath , play with your kids or your pets or whatever it is that keeps you emotionally centered. Force yourself to do it if you have to, but please do it.

(Said with nothing but love for my WS family. )
I needed this, thank you.
I usually crochet at night and listen to those rainy cozy cafe videos as a way to decompress but I haven't been since following this case, and I can feel it. Been staying up way too late too :(

Just been spending time outside with my kiddo during the day and thinking Summer should be swinging, playing, laughing too. :(

I think LE is just covering all the bases.
LE has admitted that everything is on the table at this point. They have two different teams working here. The first to search for Summer in the surrounding area on the theory that she may be lost in the woods. IMO LE has pulled out all the stops on this one. TBH I'm not sure I have ever seen such a huge response to a search as I have seen here.

Secondly, they have a team that is working the investigative side. Remember, everything is still on the table. This team is working the nefarious side of things, abduction etc.

Again, LE has it all covered.

Issuing an Amber Alert gives one more layer to the investigation and gets Summer's picture out there in case she is spotted somewhere. I agree, it doesn't match the parameters for an Amber Alert as have no car, no license #, no witness to an abduction etc. Good on LE for pulling out all the stops.

MOO
Almost like L.E. is of the mind-set that not another child. Not on our watch...MOO

So, surely if one parent was given a 'lie detector' or polygraph, the other parent would do so? It's just bugging me for some reason...
Neither were necessarily asked but one volunteered...the other may not have for whatever reason. The dad's statement that he volunteered and had one, <modsnip> has never been confirmed or denied by law enforcement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you give me a link? I'm not following what you mean. TIA.
I'm not @whitelilac but maybe they mean this:
Josh Smith
@JoshSmithWJHL

From
@TBILeslie
: Summer Wells family continues to cooperate with investigators trying to find out what happened to their 5 year-old daughter Summer. Q: Have they been ruled out? A: "The circumstances surrounding Summer's disappearance remain under investigation."

At the 11:02 mark here:
Officials ‘more concerned than ever’ to find missing 5-year-old Summer Wells | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

Please note for balance that just prior (at 10:35) she said the parents were cooperative and they were keeping them updated.

Last edited:
Here's an idea of the weather coming. The red pin is Rogersville and everything is moving northeast.
Edited to correct direction.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210621-170824_WeatherBug.jpg
    Screenshot_20210621-170824_WeatherBug.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 49
“Summer is still missing, and we are more concerned than ever and desperate to find her,” TBI spokesperson Leslie Earhart shared at a Monday news conference.

72 agencies from Tennessee, Alabama, Ohio, Virginia, Georgia and North Carolina have searched 2,400 acres for Summer since Tuesday. The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation says they’re using all resources to find Summer including the Federal Bureau of Investigation Child Abduction Rapid Deployment Team.

At this time, the TBI says they do not have evidence of an abduction but it isn’t being ruled out. Right now, crews are still focusing on search and rescue efforts.

“It’s possible that she wandered off and is lost and afraid,” Earhart said.

[...]

More at: Tennessee AMBER Alert: TBI 'more concerned than ever' to find 5-year-old Summer Wells

I've seen nearby abandoned cars mentioned. I haven't been able to follow this post by post or even page by page. Does anyone here recall hearing if they have searched all of those cars, including the trunks? Also any abandoned freezer or refrigerators?

Quoting my own post to add that I keep thinking about this case from 2005.
3 Camden Boys Found Dead in Trunk of Car in Yard (Published 2005)

Just thinking outside the box for a minute.

I think that was worded as ambiguously as possible. A lot was said without saying it.

They don’t believe she was abducted. They continue to search for her and will continue to search for her until she’s found however, the family has stated to LE that she wouldn’t leave the yard.

So if she wasn’t abducted, and wouldn’t leave the yard to get lost in the woods, where does that leave us?

Ya know that old saying, "I was born at night, but not last night".

This little girl is either holed up somewhere, in a phenomenal hiding place, where 70+ agencies haven't been able to find her, or something else is up.

I imagine she could be in a hand dug well shaft, or stuck down a chimney, or in a bear den, or a cave, or among some rocky outcropping, or in a pile of straw in somebody's barn, or like already said, in an abandoned car, or maybe in a hollow tree.

Good thing, at the end of that presser, LE stated they are keeping all avenues of investigation open.

When was the last confirmed sighting of Summer by someone other than family? I know that this is a question that is usually answered fairly early on but I must’ve missed it.
<modsnip>

When my girls were that age they loved to play hide and seek. Sometimes they would hide without telling me, waiting for me to walk by so they could jump out and yell boo! If she got trapped in the trunk of a car or freezer it seems that the dogs would have still been able to track her scent.

Maybe a UFO took her. I’m only halfway joking, considering the news lately.

This feels like an appropriate time to deliver a friendly WS Mama Bear reminder to everyone. Please remember to be good to yourself and your emotional well-being. Not a single thing will change for this child, good or bad, if you step away from the internet for a little mental balance check. Go outside and looks at something beautiful , take a bubble bath , play with your kids or your pets or whatever it is that keeps you emotionally centered. Force yourself to do it if you have to, but please do it.

(Said with nothing but love for my WS family. )

Absolutely necessary. For example, I took time out of my evening last night to step away from the threads for a while and watch the final two episodes of Mare of Easttown. In hindsight, that may not have been the best choice to "step away" toward.

That presser was not encouraging. The fact that LE is saying the circumstances surrounding Summer's disappearance is still not clear, after 6 days of investigation...that just creams to me that someone isn't providing clear, concise, believable information. :(

(((((Summer)))))
This ! ^^^
If LE would just say something to the effect of : We believe Summer was taken by vehicle on this day...
Or, Please be on the lookout for human traffickers ...
Or, We know Summer was last seen by ____ and it was on this day ___....
Nothing.
We know none of this as LE haven't clarified it.
Still waiting.
Imo.

I feel bad knowing the mom is monitoring social media, some of those people have been downright brutal.
This comment is only meant in the general sense.
Sometimes it's good to not be reading online at all, but to keep searching or helping the volunteers.
Any little thing a person can do to avoid an already bad situation from becoming worse.
If a person is missing it shouldn't matter what strangers are saying, people being what they (sometimes) are.
The priority is Summer and hopefully finding her alive, although it's looking grim. :(
MOO.

Last edited:
I needed this, thank you.
I usually crochet at night and listen to those rainy cozy cafe videos as a way to decompress but I haven't been since following this case, and I can feel it. Been staying up way too late too :(

Just been spending time outside with my kiddo during the day and thinking Summer should be swinging, playing, laughing too. :(

Been here for years and years- at this point, there are some cases I know I cannot even look at. If you didn't care, this wouldn't bother you, so give yourself some grace. It's so difficult when the victim is a child.

@Mountain_Kat , WELL SAID. As for the Amber Alert, frankly, I'm glad they used it. I know normally there is a person/car etc but hey, this is a rural area and getting the word out is so important.
I keep waiting for MSM to say something that would push me over the fence but to be honest, If I stay out of SM ( which I have been, mean people) I am not convinced parents had anything to do with this. If LE were to report something like a parent isn't cooperating or refusal of a lie detector test kind of thing then yeah but honestly right now I'm still thinking she took a walk or was picked up by someone she knows. The 911 call has not been released yet correct? ALL IMO

When was the last confirmed sighting of Summer by someone other than family? I know that this is a question that is usually answered fairly early on but I must’ve missed it.
<modsnip>

When my girls were that age they loved to play hide and seek. Sometimes they would hide without telling me, waiting for me to walk by so they could jump out and yell boo! If she got trapped in the trunk of a car or freezer it seems that the dogs would have still been able to track her scent.

That's a valid question, but it's hard to imagine a huge discrepancy in last confirmed sighting even within the family if what, five family members were home at the time? Did I count right? If only one person, maybe two, claims to have seen the missing person within a certain window, that opens the field a bit, but but if they ALL did, that tightens the window. I have faith that in investigators' ability to reduce that window to something pretty closely resembling reality, including who actually saw the child vs not even looking up from videogames or whatnot.

<modsnip>

bbm
LE have not disclosed this ; but instead said the "Circumstances are still unclear..."

Eta : IF Summer was away from the house earlier that day or whatever, LE haven't said anything about it.
I'm waiting now for verified, trusted information from LE .
My guess is they know by now.
Imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads