AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that LE is being so thorough, and that all these other agencies are involved, I'd think there's no way they didn't check car trunks.

Of course, especially on the property they lived on. I was thinking more about abandoned cars on a nearby property that had been mentioned as possible places for someone to be hiding out.

That is a good point. But in the case of a field full of old, abandoned cars ( what I am picturing, but may not be accurate) some may not have this feature. I am also thinking of old, abandoned appliances.

Oh totally! Ideally, older sedans would be retrofitted (most aren’t) and LE/property owners would check them all. Young kids love to squeeze into cozy-looking spots. I wonder if something/someone spooked her and she bolted and then hid.

I hope I am not crossing a line here.

The timeline seems to be extremely unclear if after 6 days multiple agencies are unable to establish it.

Is there a chance that the wandering or abduction did not happen that day? Or maybe much earlier in the day? I am not trying to be vague or insinuate, I am genuinely curious if people ever buy themselves some time before reporting if something nefarious happened.
I think it's what LE are not saying that interests me ; as well as their official statements which sound like everything is still on the table.

Per PD: Kingsport attempted kidnapping case not connected to search for Summer.
Neighbor, police speak out after Kingsport attempted kidnapping | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather (bbm)

[...]

[Kingsport Police Department Public Information Officer Tom] Patton also added that they do not believe that Hammonds’ attempted crime has anything to do with the missing Hawkins County 5-year-old, Summer Wells.

“We are operating at this point, under the understanding that this was an isolated incident, we believe it was isolated, we don’t have any reason to believe it was connected to any other cases in the area,” he said.

[...]

https://twitter.com/BiancaWJHL/status/1407001173509480453

Oh, ok. I understand. I hate that I’m feeling hope dwindling today.

This is about the point in these cases where we all start getting frustrated, testy , and emotionally sensitive. I honestly believe that, for a lot of WSers, we can just sense when the dam is about to break. I think today was a bad day for a lot of us. :(

Been trying to get away from children cases but this one caught my eye. I listened to the 911 call and immediately came onsite to see if there was a thread and to catch up. I haven't seen the 911 call covered here so I went back to re-listen and now the complete one is gone and only a very small snippet is there. Guess it isn't being allowed to discuss. I'll wait.
I heard a partial one in the basement however we can't discuss it here so I'm waiting on that as well.
edit: just read @skibaboo that it may have been a police dispatch not a 911 . My apologies.

Lawyer for missing N.S. toddler's family hopes cyberbullying law can stop online vitriol against boy's parents
https://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent...nline-vitriol-against-boy-s-parents-1.5799322
Cyberbullying law: online activity that causes or is likely to cause harm to another individual, either through malice or recklessness.

The parents of a Nova Scotia toddler who went missing have spent the last six months coping with thousands of people on social media accusing them of being responsible for their child's disappearance.
"There's no words for the feelings I get sometimes. You know, on top of trying to find my son and everything else, to deal with that, too? Shame on them."

Jason Ehler and Ashley Brown turned to the Truro community and social media to gather as many clues as possible about Dylan's disappearance and simply keep their son's image in the public consciousness.
But people on social media began to turn their attention to herself and Ehler
Some accused them of negligence leading to Dylan's disappearance. Others accused them of orchestrating his disappearance, or even killing their own son.

<modsnip to comply with copyright rule>

"We're appealing to people's sense of human decency and hoping that they appreciate the harm that they are causing. And once they recognize that, hoping that they will stop," she said.

Last edited by a moderator:
When was the police dispatch released ? I was under the impression that was an topic we still couldn't discuss.
It can’t be discussed no, I don’t believe it has been published by MSM. I was saying in response to the person who asked, the 911 call has never been released, they must be thinking of the police dispatch. It has been posted but it wasn’t MSM, so it’s not allowed, but they may not know that.

I should have probably multiquoted. Apologies

Lawyer for missing N.S. toddler's family hopes cyberbullying law can stop online vitriol against boy's parents
https://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent...nline-vitriol-against-boy-s-parents-1.5799322
Cyberbullying law: online activity that causes or is likely to cause harm to another individual, either through malice or recklessness.

The parents of a Nova Scotia toddler who went missing have spent the last six months coping with thousands of people on social media accusing them of being responsible for their child's disappearance.
"There's no words for the feelings I get sometimes. You know, on top of trying to find my son and everything else, to deal with that, too? Shame on them."

Jason Ehler and Ashley Brown turned to the Truro community and social media to gather as many clues as possible about Dylan's disappearance and simply keep their son's image in the public consciousness.
But people on social media began to turn their attention to herself and Ehler
Some accused them of negligence leading to Dylan's disappearance. Others accused them of orchestrating his disappearance, or even killing their own son.

"People were taking pictures of our backyard and following us, and making up more rumours," he said.

Lawyer Allison Harris is now representing Ehler and Brown pro bono. She wants to see if a new Nova Scotia law can help end the sustained campaign of online hate..

"In speaking with Ashley and Jason and learning about how it's impacting them, and just understanding the gravity of it, how widespread it is, it was eye-opening for me"

"We're appealing to people's sense of human decency and hoping that they appreciate the harm that they are causing. And once they recognize that, hoping that they will stop," she said.
These people need to sue some of them. This kind of thing goes way beyond freedom of speech.

It can’t be discussed no, I don’t believe it has been published by MSM. I was saying in response to the person who asked, the 911 call has never been released, they must be thinking of the police dispatch. It has been posted but it wasn’t MSM, so it’s not allowed, but they may not know that.

I should have probably multiquoted. Apologies
You are right, it was the police dispatch audio. And I am aware that the 911 call and or dispatch audio must be from an approved MSM site. I'm waiting for the full version to be approved.

I didn't want to take a break but my body overruled me. I slept until 4pm this afternoon.
When the first photo came out with the abundance of food for the searchers, I thought to myself, "I hope some of that goes to the family" I am so glad they have done this. Mr Wells has missed work and is the sole provider and even if you don't like the parents, there are 3 minor boys.
It makes complete sense to me that Summer may have sought shelter wherever she could find it. Two nights the temperature dropped to 51 degrees. That is very chilly and enough for hypothermia for her state of dress, and her build.
However, they did ask days ago, near the beginning, that neighbors check outbuildings, trail cameras and such and to me that would include appliances and autos. If I know rural people the way I think I do, most of them would have already searched their properties except for a very few who felt they should heed that no volunteer searches were wanted.
If I could discuss social media, I could tell you exactly why and how this has effected Mrs. Wells and very concrete differences in changes of behavior. It makes perfect sense.
Just a few minutes ago the extremely hot temperature dropped exceedingly rapidly. Now there is a light rain and it is accelerating. I am about 20 miles east, more or less.

These people need to sue some of them. This kind of thing goes way beyond freedom of speech.
That's the idea, hit a few of them in their pocketbook, maybe then people will think twice before spending their time casually participating with online mobs trying to destroy someone's life who is already dealing with the worst trauma of their lives. What do people think it accomplishes?

"We're appealing to people's sense of human decency and hoping that they appreciate the harm that they are causing. "

In the meantime, Brown and Ehler continue to search for answers about what happened to Dylan, and have a plea for those on social media.

"I would ask them to stop, and if they really cared about my son the way that they go on to say that they do, then come and help us," Brown said.

"Please stop judging us and come help."

That's the idea, hit a few of them in their pocketbook, maybe then people will think twice before spending their time casually participating with online mobs trying to destroy someone's life who is already dealing with the worst trauma of their lives. What do people think it accomplishes?

"We're appealing to people's sense of human decency and hoping that they appreciate the harm that they are causing. "

In the meantime, Brown and Ehler continue to search for answers about what happened to Dylan, and have a plea for those on social media.

"I would ask them to stop, and if they really cared about my son the way that they go on to say that they do, then come and help us," Brown said.

"Please stop judging us and come help."

BBM wow that plea is just heart wrenching. I couldn't imagine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members