Identified! MD - Catoctin Mtn Park, Fem, El Salvador keychain, Jun'21 - Joanna Michelle Amaya (Dior Reyes)

(bbm for focus)

Great point about the size of the key.

I think a pepper spray container is also still a possibility when considering the size of the key, if the product is a more compact version of a pepper spray container that is small enough to be carried on a keychain. The pepper spray keychain below appears to be fairly similar to the one in the FBI photo, IMO only. If this is even the same manufacturer. MOO

View attachment 301179View attachment 301180

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Super-Cute-Pepper-Spray-Keychain-for-Self-Defense-Confetti/301980314
JANE DOE - CATOCTIN MOUNTAIN PARK | Federal Bureau of Investigation

You nailed it IMO.

Interesting, as there is a turtle charm on the keychain as well as the El Salvador charm.
The keychain items look "young" to me as in appealing to someone in teens/twenties. Is El Salvador a place where students might go on study-abroad semesters? If that is the case, the trip would be before covid, which might help figure out age, school. But I don't know if there are student programs like that....just brainstorming.

The keychain does look like souvenirs from a trip. I didn't know turtles were associated with El Salvador, but someone who had actually been there would know.

There is so little to go on, but the items seem like they belong to someone who has connections, especiallly since there is only one key. So why can't she be matched to someone who is reported missing? Very troubling.

jmo

The keychain items look "young" to me as in appealing to someone in teens/twenties. Is El Salvador a place where students might go on study-abroad semesters? If that is the case, the trip would be before covid, which might help figure out age, school. But I don't know if there are student programs like that....just brainstorming.

The keychain does look like souvenirs from a trip. I didn't know turtles were associated with El Salvador, but someone who had actually been there would know.

There is so little to go on, but the items seem like they belong to someone who has connections, especiallly since there is only one key. So why can't she be matched to someone who is reported missing? Very troubling.

jmo
Replying to myself.

It does look like the University of Maryland does offer study-aboard programs to El Salvador.

I have no info that the person attended the university, etc. but just putting the idea out there as a possibility. Though, I would think a college student/grad would be noticed as missing by now.

Program and Course Search | Global Maryland, University of Maryland

In this case, the clothes don't look torn so she likely wasn't stabbed or shot in the torso, arms or legs. If she had a head injury and bled onto her clothes, would blood still be detectable after several months of exposure? What about blood on her hair?

ETA: The tracksuit top/jacket is size M (higher resolution pic in the article below).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...48e5b6-cea9-11eb-8cd2-4e95230cfac2_story.html

I was wondering the same thing, how there doesn’t seem to be much damage to the clothing, and there are obvious blood stains (though it’s a little tougher to tell on extremely dirty, weathered, dark clothing.

The articles lead me to believe she was “dismembered” which makes me think she was cut into pieces. Could the clothing have been removed to make it easier, or could all of her items been in something thin (like a trash bag) and then just ripped open by wildlife?

jmo

Instead of a school trip, could it have possibly been missionary work?

The UID may have been on a missionary assignment or received the charms from someone who was.

Just more brainstorming.

The articles lead me to believe she was “dismembered” which makes me think she was cut into pieces. Could the clothing have been removed to make it easier, or could all of her items been in something thin (like a trash bag) and then just ripped open by wildlife?
I think the "dismembered" part refers to her foot being found a distance away and to another foot and and a hand being missing. It could have been done by wildlife.

One article states that the clothes were found atop of the body, but I'm not sure how accurate that is. For now I'm assuming that the skeleton was clothed, especially if she was wearing a wrist guard.

I know the timeline is a bit off with going missing in October, but car was found in MD. Seems to wear hair in braids frequently and fits the likely age range based on clothing. Jasmine Moore .
Interesting that friends reported Jasmine missing, not family. Maybe our UID person doesn't have close family to report her missing - so could be a lead to follow?

Interesting that friends reported Jasmine missing, not family. Maybe our UID person doesn't have close family to report her missing - so could be a lead to follow?
Yes, I'm trying to see if I can find anything. I do realize that the October missing date puts her about 2 months outside the 1-6 months time frame. I'm not sure how solid those are as I am a bit new at this. She didn't apparently have her piercings in at the time though, I wish I could figure out if she had the braids when she was last seen. I'm having a hard time finding her social media also.

Yes, I'm trying to see if I can find anything. I do realize that the October missing date puts her about 2 months outside the 1-6 months time frame. I'm not sure how solid those are as I am a bit new at this. She didn't apparently have her piercings in at the time though, I wish I could figure out if she had the braids when she was last seen. I'm having a hard time finding her social media also.
There was a person with the same name, Jasmine Moore, who went missing in Baltimore in Jan 2020 but was found. Could it be the same JM who went missing (again?) in October? Check out her photo - with the purse - is that the same as the Puma bag?

MISSING| 30-year-old woman in Baltimore

Moore is not an uncommon name so could just be two people with same name and unrelated to this UID case.

I didn’t know what the poster meant either, but after a quick google search with the keywords, there are several sites that claim there is a wrist guard, but curiously, there are no pictures of it.

Some of the sites had pictures of her pants, that I don’t recall seeing in the original post.

Here is one of those sites:

FBI Baltimore hope keys will help identify body found at Catoctin Mountain Park

Ah, I did see that earlier. I thought they meant that the jacket had elastic cuffs to keep the rain/wind out.

Thanks - I am catching up with her case. She did have parents looking for her. There were no keys in her car when they found it. There is a photo on her thread and she has a long braid.

jmo

It looks to be about 200 miles from where her car was found to where this woman's remains were found.

yes, that is why my theory in this case if it was her is that the perp (assuming homicide) killed the UID up there, took her key from the key chain, drove off and ditched the car and caught a ride. Would explain why no keys in the vehicle, and no auto key on victim, no evidence of foul play in vehicle (from what I have seen) as well as no abandoned vehicles directly nearby the victim. Thanks to the person who linked her FB she was from Newark, NJ at one point, maybe she knew them and was meeting in the middle. There's really not much info at the moment so consider this a totally out there theory if it does turn out to be her.

yes, that is why my theory in this case if it was her is that the perp (assuming homicide) killed the UID up there, took her key from the key chain, drove off and ditched the car and caught a ride. Would explain why no keys in the vehicle, and no auto key on victim, no evidence of foul play in vehicle (from what I have seen) as well as no abandoned vehicles directly nearby the victim. Thanks to the person who linked her FB she was from Newark, NJ at one point, maybe she knew them and was meeting in the middle. There's really not much info at the moment so consider this a totally out there theory if it does turn out to be her.

That's actually quite a plausible theory.

And a good reminder that our victim might be from other nearby states like NJ, Delaware, PA, DC, as well as Maryland and Virginia.

Wrist guard. I'm thinking a soft, splint like thing with velcro straps that keeps your wrist straight if you have tendon problems. Maybe through RSI? (Repetitive strain injury.)

Perhaps she had a job at a checkout or in warehouse or something? Maybe she did weights at a gym and it's a sports injury?

I sure wish it showed a photo of it because looking at Amazon it seems like some types of wrist guards are also popular for skateboarders/skaters/hockey players/snowboarders etc. (edited to add that I looked again and they are also popular for fashionistas, gymnasts and pole dancers lol)

Last edited:
And a good reminder that our victim might be from other nearby states like NJ, Delaware, PA, DC, as well as Maryland and Virginia.

What about Canada? I could find nothing recent in MSM about this girl, so maybe she's already been located and just not removed from the missing list.

I do keep in mind that she's from Canada (too far), the dates are not right, the black track suit she went missing in had flowers and stripes down the sleeves and legs (but the suit is pretty dirty in picture to actually tell about this), etc. etc.

But I guess I'll list her here anyway because you just never know:

CANADA - Siddiqa Barakzai, 17, Toronto (Finch/Kipling) 26 June 2020

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288