Resolved FL - Pensacola, Boy Scouts Find Remains Under Bldg, Jun'21-per LE: non-criminal, case closed

PayrollNerd

Reaction score
Florida Boy Scouts uncover human remains while working on Eagle Scout project (msn.com)

Local Boy Scouts in Pensacola, Fla., discovered human remains Saturday while they cleaned in and around a building as part of an Eagle Scout project, ABC News affiliate WEAR reported.

Boy Scouts discover human remains under Pensacola historical building | WEAR (weartv.com)

PENSACOLA, Fla. -- Humans remains were found under a building in Pensacola on Saturday as local Boy Scouts were conducting a cleanup.

....under a building at 1601 E. La Rua Street.

Since the remains are described as 'bones' in the article I'd be inclined to think the person had been missing longer than that, but until we get a more definitive information, I wouldn't want to rule him out.
Yeah that’s more likely. I tried to look for people missing from Pensacola but until more details emerge, we can’t really accomplish much.

I saw her name pop up in some of my searches but I’m not positive.

Googlemaps says about five miles from where she worked, and it looks like this building/park is probably on the way to where her car was found.

I found a few more possibilities:

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Alonza Lee Kent supposedly went out on his boat, which was found in Mexico, in 2011.

Sharon Ann Martin – The Charley Project Sharon Ann Martin was murdered in 2006 and her body never found.

Jadekiss McNeal – The Charley Project Jadekiss McNeal disappeared in 2015. May have been a runaway, but maybe not.

I'll try to list some more tomorrow.

Human remains decomposing in a crawl space would likely cause an odor throughout the building that would have been noticeable to anyone in the building. Just thinking - there might have been a time when the building was not in use, before the Boy Scouts or other civic groups used it. The remains may predate use by the Boy Scouts. It is hard to imagine the building in use with the smell of decomposition wafting in the air. I think these remains may have been there for a long time, unless a perpetrator moved them from another location.

You have to wonder about those lost or not found as a result of hurricanes in years past. In 2020, hurr Sally went thru. In 2018, hurr Michael went thru. If the remains were truly buried underneath the house, it’s not likely. But if they were simply near the foundation, that’s another story. How much was the building used during the pandemic?

Human remains decomposing in a crawl space would likely cause an odor throughout the building that would have been noticeable to anyone in the building. Just thinking - there might have been a time when the building was not in use, before the Boy Scouts or other civic groups used it. The remains may predate use by the Boy Scouts. It is hard to imagine the building in use with the smell of decomposition wafting in the air. I think these remains may have been there for a long time, unless a perpetrator moved them from another location.
Was it empty during covid?

You'd think that would be true, but we've had remains found under platform beds, in house chimneys, and a lot of other places where you would think decomposition would have been noticed.
When you say "we," @carbuff, I hope you don't mean in your home! :)

(Just joshing for a light moment, no disrespect meant to this case.)

Another article:

Published today with more detail of the actual find.

Boy Scouts Discover Human Remains While Cleaning Building (msn.com)

Snip:
Andy Waltrip, assistant scout master of Boy Scout Troop 3 in Pensacola, told WEAR-TV that the children found the human remains in a crawl space underneath the building that they were tasked with cleaning and refurbishing on Saturday.

"Along with passing trash and extra lumber and things like that out from underneath the building through the little hole, they passed out a couple of bones," Waltrip said. "Very dry, didn't have any smell to them, looked like they'd been there a long time."

Waltrip said that the juveniles were not "freaked out" by their discovery as "they actually thought it was chicken bones or little animal parts too."

He said that the scout master only became concerned and called the authorities when "it looked like possibly part of a skull came out," saying that they then said: "'Time out, hold up.'"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back