IL IL - Wendy Gessing, 50, car found in Joliet, Crest Hill, 12 Jun 2021

YaYa_521

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Crest Hill
16 Jun 2021
Wendy Gessing was last seen on 06-12-2021 near Theodore St. & Raynor Ave. She is believed to be traveling in the pictured gray in-color Honda CRV (License Plate # S415015).
Wendy is 50 years of age with brown eyes and blonde hair. She is approximately 5’5” tall and weighs 130 pounds. Wendy has a tattoo on her left forearm.
If you have any information regarding Wendy’s whereabouts, please contact the Crest Hill Police Department at (815) 741-5111.

*******UPDATE - 06/17/2021 - 2:30 PM*******
WE HAVE LOCATED WENDY'S HONDA, BUT ARE STILL TRYING TO LOCATE WENDY. PLEASE CONTINUE TO CONTACT CHPD WITH ANY FURTHER INFORMATION (815/741-5111). THANK YOU.

18 Jun 2021
***Update*** Wendy Guessing was allegedly seen on Wednesday 6-16,2021.at the Motel 6 1850 McDonough Street Joliet. Anyone with information on her whereabouts are to please call 815-741-5115.

197499251_313721290391006_4336413514280132848_n.jpg
196525764_313721313724337_6414595536789739673_n.jpg

Do we know where she actually lives? Is the motel in the same area or was she traveling by car away from home?

This article's headline describes Wendy as a "Crest Hill Woman" and her 2013 FB page shows she lives in Crest Hill, IL and is from Joliet, IL. According to Google Maps it's about 4 miles from Crest Hill to Motel 6 in Joliet.

....her 2013 FB page shows she lives in Crest Hill, IL and is from Joliet, IL. According to Google Maps it's about 4 miles from Crest Hill to Motel 6 in Joliet.

The main reason I can think of why she may have stayed at a motel just 4 miles from where she lives, is if she had an argument with her husband/boyfriend and didn't want to stay in the house with him.

Crest Hill
23 Jun 2021
The Crest Hill Police Department continues to look for Wendy Gessing and has been in constant contact with family. The family has offered a $2,000 reward for information leading to the successful location of Wendy. Please call Investigator Sweeney 815-741-5111. Anonymous tips can be left with Crimestoppers of Will County.
199610599_318242996605502_5068455911461219699_n.jpg

City of Crest Hill
24 Jun 2021

CHPD is continuing to look for Wendy Gessing. Here is an updated photograph of Wendy and a tatoo on her left forearm.
I wish we knew more about Wendy. She is at an age where she could have kids at home or could be an empty-nester. Of maybe she is not a mom at all. Is she employed? Married?

The info is so sparse.

jmo

I hope Wendy is ok. It'll be two weeks tomorrow since she disappeared. It would be interesting to know whether she's ever gone missing before and if so, how long did she stay away. I hope she simply needed some quiet time alone and will make her way back soon. She's in my prayers.

There's at least one interesting comment below the article.
Wendy Gessing's Phone Recovered By Crest Hill Police
Updated Thu, Jun 24, 2021

SBM
  • a $2,000 cash reward is now being offered for information
  • have recovered Gessing's cell phone ... in Romeoville in the area of Taylor Road
  • in the process of having the phone analyzed
  • do not believe Gessing has been the victim of a violent crime
  • her neighbors on Hosmer Street described Gessing as a friendly and pleasant person
  • worked for several years in Crest Hill at the Pizzas By Marchelloni
  • Gessing's long-time "significant other" has been helpful
  • call Crest Hill Police Investigator Conor Sweeney at 815-741-5111

Her bio on her FB header:
Wendy Gessing(Slevin)
Happy
Sober
Engaged
Mama

I hope Wendy is ok. It'll be two weeks tomorrow since she disappeared. It would be interesting to know whether she's ever gone missing before and if so, how long did she stay away. I hope she simply needed some quiet time alone and will make her way back soon. She's in my prayers.

There's at least one interesting comment below the article.
Wendy Gessing's Phone Recovered By Crest Hill Police
Updated Thu, Jun 24, 2021

SBM
  • a $2,000 cash reward is now being offered for information
  • have recovered Gessing's cell phone ... in Romeoville in the area of Taylor Road
  • in the process of having the phone analyzed
  • do not believe Gessing has been the victim of a violent crime
  • her neighbors on Hosmer Street described Gessing as a friendly and pleasant person
  • worked for several years in Crest Hill at the Pizzas By Marchelloni
  • Gessing's long-time "significant other" has been helpful
  • call Crest Hill Police Investigator Conor Sweeney at 815-741-5111

Her bio on her FB header:
Wendy Gessing(Slevin)
Happy
Sober
Engaged
Mama

I'm glad to see sober on there. She had a DUI a while back and just got her driver's license back in 2019. https://ipublic.il12th.org/Events.php (the circuit court records are free but you have to enter your email to get a security code to log in to view any records). Her only other infractions with the law were minor traffic-related. No red flags at all if she'd quit drinking. Keeping her in my prayers.

I'm glad to see sober on there. She had a DUI a while back and just got her driver's license back in 2019. https://ipublic.il12th.org/Events.php (the circuit court records are free but you have to enter your email to get a security code to log in to view any records). Her only other infractions with the law were minor traffic-related. No red flags at all if she'd quit drinking. Keeping her in my prayers.

Could Wendy have relapsed however thought well enough not to drive? Therefore the car, but no Wendy?

That could account for the phone in another place. She lost it under the influence? Have to check to see how far away Romeoville is.

They say you pickup before you pickup. She may have been thinking about it and drove sober to the hotel and did relapse.

Scarry then is who you meet not sober and get in a car with.

Could Wendy have relapsed however thought well enough not to drive? Therefore the car, but no Wendy?

That could account for the phone in another place. She lost it under the influence? Have to check to see how far away Romeoville is.

They say you pickup before you pickup. She may have been thinking about it and drove sober to the hotel and did relapse.

Scarry then is who you meet not sober and get in a car with.

Agreed, she was seen over the course of several days at that certain motel.

I read this article again Wendy Gessing's Phone Recovered By Crest Hill Police Especially the replies. Not looking good.

But still so close to home, there must have been contact with her partner during that time.

Missing Crest Hill Woman Case Enters 3rd Week
Jun 29, 2021
SBM
  • Efforts...to locate...Gessing have remained unsuccessful.
  • ...case is now in its third week.
  • ...investigators hope to find that Gessing is safe.
  • ...do not believe Gessing is the victim of a violent crime.
  • ...did not pack any type of suitcase containing clothes or other personal belongings.
  • ...has not had any contact with friends, family or close acquaintances since her disappearance on June 12.

Between the hotel and Romeoville it looks like a few minutes by car. Walking though for some reason a mighty hike.

Wendy also works at a pizza shop in a mall nearby, and has for some time. You get recognized alot working in a pizza or deli shop.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle
Back