AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had not planned to reveal this but I lost a son in a tragedy. Not this kind. But I know what it is to grieve one's child. I spent the first few weeks in my sister's basement bedroom in the dark staring at a wall and refusing to eat.
They are not going to feel like regular activities. I don't know what I would have done without my sister allowing me to deal with my overwhelming pain. So, I think cooking for the family will prove to be difficult and sad. <modsnip>
Hugs. Thank you for sharing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mod Note:

Do not post links to any donation or fund raising websites. If MSM publishes information in an article that we know is valid and going through proper channels, that article and excerpt may be posted. Outside that, keep it off the thread.

Thanks,
Tiff

Very sad this morning, thinking about the poverty Summer and her siblings are living in. I think back to my childhood and how much it still hurts. Not having a safe, clean home to live in (that’s an understatement). Not being able to have seconds at dinner. Bathing once a week so we didn’t run out of well water. No a/c in the summer and no heat in the winter. Trying to live a normal childhood with a mentally ill mom. You know what I needed? Someone to help my parents fix and clean the house. Someone to talk to. Someone to play with that didn’t look down on me and my family. Someone to help me brush my hair (at 5 yrs old, that’s what I was thinking, crazy right?). Someone to exterminate the termites, etc. Summer and her siblings need people to show they care by giving their time and donating things the family needs, and to do so without shaming them and her parents (anonymously, and without media attention, if that’s possible). I’m hoping Summer is found today and can be reunited with her family<3 And I hope that afterwards, when things settle, that the caring people don’t just go away…MOO

I had not planned to reveal this but I lost a son in a tragedy. Not this kind. But I know what it is to grieve one's child. I spent the first few weeks in my sister's basement bedroom in the dark staring at a wall and refusing to eat.
They are not going to feel like regular activities. I don't know what I would have done without my sister allowing me to deal with my overwhelming pain. So, I think cooking for the family will prove to be difficult and sad. <modsnip>
HUGE HUGS I know your pain. It’s definitely not an easy road to navigate. To say life changing is an understatement.

Good morning all. Today marks one week :(
Hoping that today is the day for Summer to be found.
I'm continually impressed with the number of agencies coming in to help with the search and investigation.
That said, a few folks have said here that they can't wrap their head around these agencies being fooled or that it would take a criminal mastermind. Please know that I'm not accusing anyone - but there have been multiple cases (both children and adults) where I thought LE had no clue. Then eventually it came out that they knew all along, it was just a matter of thorough investigation. I think it's early to feel that anyone is fooling them or that they don't have some grasp on what has happened to little Summer. They haven't SAID much at this point but sometimes that speaks volumes, just watching body language and the overall tone/feeling of all the press conferences so far.

Again - not making accusations against anyone, I just have faith that law enforcement will figure this one out. They have so many folks there to search, and I feel that there is even more going on with the investigative side. Hopefully.

The article has since been updated to include a portion of the protective order, in the video at link. (Updated 34 minutes ago)

Also here:
View attachment 301715

IMO, other details disclosed about that event may be more important than the wording of her written statement.

The WVLT story contained the following tidbits:

- The presence of another man at the residence. DW stated during an interview that he works "all the time". Perhaps this wasn't the first time he came home to a man in his home. And, depending on who that man was, DWs response to his presence at the residence could be justified (for more reasons than possible infidelity by CW).

- "DW argued with the man and had a 'struggle' with Bly"... "Bly was pushed down...". One can imagine that scenario. DW confronting the man, Bly stepping between and being pushed aside. IMO, not necessarily an intent to harm on the part of DW.

- DW began "punching himself in the face" before exiting the residence and getting into his vehicle. He did not begin punching others in the face. To me, this indicates a level of self control. Wanting to release anger physically, yet choosing to do so by harming himself instead of others involved in the DV event.

- When officers arrived, DW was in his vehicle in the driveway. To me, that indicates a desire to remove himself from the situation. Perhaps to de-escalate. That is telling, IMO. Though intoxicated, he exhibited self control and put distance between himself and the other parties.

- IMO, the presence of the black powder pistol in the vehicle is irrelevant. The fact that it was in the vehicle does not indicate an intent to use it during the DV event. It could simply be that it is always kept there for protection. Most people I know in this area have a firearm in their vehicle (or on thier person) at all times. And, since TN Law contains exceptions for black powder firearms (even when in the possession of a felony offender), that may be why DW chose to carry that specific firearm in his vehicle. If that is the case, that indicates a responsible choice by DW.

<modsnip>

Basically, IMO, the DV gives us a few things to consider...
#1 - DW has the ability to exhibit self control. Even when extremely upset. Even while intoxicated.
#2 - CW has welcomed at least one man into their home while DW was at work. Which means, at least one man had access to the children.

So, if "abduction" is on the table, one has to consider whether that man (or another previous visitor) could be involved in Summers disappearance. And, if DW is able to exhibit self control during that DV event, IMO, he would exhibit the same level (if not more) self control with his daughter. Meaning, based on what I have seen so far, IMO, DW did not harm Summer.

Of course, all of this is just my humble opinion.

... That said, a few folks have said here that they can't wrap their head around these agencies being fooled or that it would take a criminal mastermind. Please know that I'm not accusing anyone - but there have been multiple cases (both children and adults) where I thought LE had no clue. Then eventually it came out that they knew all along, it was just a matter of thorough investigation. I think it's early to feel that anyone is fooling them or that they don't have some grasp on what has happened to little Summer. They haven't SAID much at this point but sometimes that speaks volumes, just watching body language and the overall tone/feeling of all the press conferences so far.

Again - not making accusations against anyone, I just have faith that law enforcement will figure this one out. They have so many folks there to search, and I feel that there is even more going on with the investigative side. Hopefully.

Sadly, so many of these cases are not solved unless someone talks. I’m not referring to a young child who is lost in a field or in the woods, although those can be very challenging, but one who was harmed and hidden. It’s disgusting to think about but hiding the body of a small one is doable, especially if the person who caused harm has a head start on authorities.

I’ve been going back and forth with possibilities since this started. <modsnip>
_____
Edited because my microphone doesn’t always get it right.

IMO, other details disclosed about that event may be more important than the wording of her written statement.

- The presence of another man at the residence. DW stated during an interview that he works "all the time". Perhaps this wasn't the first time he came home to a man in his home. And, depending on who that man was, DWs response to his presence at the residence could be justified (for more reasons than possible infidelity by CW).

- "DW argued with the man and had a 'struggle' with Bly"... "Bly was pushed down...". One can imagine that scenario. DW confronting the man, Bly stepping between and being pushed aside. IMO, not necessarily an intent to harm on the part of DW.

- DW began "punching himself in the face" before exiting the residence and getting into his vehicle. He did not begin punching others in the face. To me, this indicates a level of self control. Wanting to release anger physically, yet choosing to do so by harming himself instead of others involved in the DV event.

- When officers arrived, DW was in his vehicle in the driveway. To me, that indicates a desire to remove himself from the situation. Perhaps to de-escalate. That is telling, IMO. Though intoxicated, he exhibited self control and put distance between himself and the other parties.

- IMO, the presence of the black powder pistol in the vehicle is irrelevant. The fact that it was in the vehicle does not indicate an intent to use it during the DV event. It could simply be that it is always kept there for protection. Most people I know in this area have a firearm in their vehicle (or on thier person) at all times. And, since TN Law contains exceptions for black powder firearms (even when in the possession of a felony offender), that may be why DW chose to carry that specific firearm in his vehicle. If that is the case, that indicates a responsible choice by DW.

<modsnip>

#1 - DW has the ability to exhibit self control. Even when extremely upset. Even while intoxicated.
#2 - CW has welcomed at least one man into their home while DW was at work. Which means, at least one man had access to the children.

So, if "abduction" is on the table, one has to consider whether that man (or another previous visitor) could be involved in Summers disappearance. And, if DW is able to exhibit self control during that DV event, IMO, he would exhibit the same level (if not more) self control with his daughter. Meaning, based on what I have seen so far, IMO, DW did not harm Summer.

I would just add that it is illegal for a convicted felon to be in possession of a firearm. I don't know HOW that charge was dismissed. I wasn't aware it even COULD be dismissed. You're either a felon with a firearm or you aren't ?

I dunno.

Kingsport man offers $25,000 reward for information leading to recovery of Summer Wells

[...]

On Monday the Times news received a letter in the mail from [DG] of Kingsport, which contained a check for $25,000.

“I remain convinced that somebody knows something regarding the disappearance of 5-year-old Summer Wells,” [DG] stated in his letter. “Accordingly I have enclosed a personal check in the amount of $25,000 to be given to the person who provides a tip/information which leads to the discovery/recovery of Summer Wells.”

The “Pay to the order of” line on [DG]'s check was left blank to allow the future recipients name to be entered.

The Times News reported the reward offer to Hawkins County Sheriff Ronnie Lawson Monday who said he would recruit a rescue agency to manage the reward.

[...]

With everyone focusing on the search and rescue effort, there hadn’t been time to determine how to address potential reward offers as of Monday, Lawson noted.

[...]
Hopefully this brings forward a break!

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation reports no new leads in the case and has not ruled out foul play. So, there is growing scrutiny on everyone close to the child.

Summer's parents and relatives are said to be cooperating with investigators, and now we are learning more about the Wells' family history.

[snip]

It's important to note that authorities have not named the father nor anyone else a suspect at this point. But investigators continue to conduct interviews, looking for inconsistencies and consider everyone a person-of-interest.
https://www.newschannel5.com/news/a...-wells-continues-one-week-after-disappearance

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WZTV) — Members of rescue teams and volunteer groups have endured sweltering heat and overgrown terrain in their search for missing 5-year-old Summer Wells. But they aren't giving up.

[snip]

One volunteer, Coty Reece, says the search has been tough.

"A lot of the fields are overgrown, you don't know where you're stepping crossing fences," Reece said. "You never know what the next step holds."

But he keeps coming back every single day.

Why? He has a 4-year-old daughter with blonde hair, about the same size as Summer.

"I can't stop thinking, 'What if this was this was her?'" Reece said. "I would want people to be coming back."
Volunteers endure extreme heat, rough terrain in search for missing Summer Wells

Sadly, so many of these cases are not solved unless someone talks. I’m not referring to a young child who is lost in a field or in the woods, although those can be very challenging, but one who was harmed and hidden. It’s disgusting to think about but hiding the body of a small one is doable, especially if the person who caused harm has a head start on authorities.

I’ve been going back and forth with possibilities since this started. There is another scenario (with a positive outcome) that I don’t believe I can mention here (yet).
_____
Edited because my microphone doesn’t always get it right.

I think you're right about someone talking. But one of the things that gives me a glimmer of hope that the parents / family isn't responsible is there were SO many people present. Mom, grandma, 3 kids. None of them have cracked under what I assume is a tremendous amount of scrutiny and pressure? Not one? That seems so unlikely to me!

https://www.tn.gov/content/dam/tn/attorneygeneral/documents/ops/2015/op15-75.pdf

Yes. As a general rule, a person who has been convicted of a felony may not possess any antique, black powder or any other type of firearm unless his firearms rights have been completely restored. But there are certain exceptions that permit a nonviolent felony offender to possess black powder and antique long guns and that permit convicted felons to possess black powder long guns and handguns only at their places of residence.

(The black powder pistol was in the glove box of his car. )

I'm also not sure why a drunk driving charge wasn't issued in this case. LE saw him pull onto the property, and when he got out of the car he stumbled and LE had to pick him up. That's not Driving While Under The Influence in Tennessee ?

Last edited:

<modsnip>

see i was thinking this as well! <modsnip> Him punching himself in the face can be scary but i agree it shows restraint. when i get extremely angry it can feel like an itch throughout my entire body, i'm not sure how to explain it but, i have to punch something to get that itch out. I never take it out on a person though. Ive gone to therapy about this and many other things but DW doesn't seem like the kind of person who may have access to therapy or would think to take advantage of it.

see i was thinking this as well! <modsnip> Him punching himself in the face can be scary but i agree it shows restraint. when i get extremely angry it can feel like an itch throughout my entire body, i'm not sure how to explain it but, i have to punch something to get that itch out. I never take it out on a person though.

Punching one's self in the face can also be an attempt to show LE that they were the ones who were actually attacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member