WI WI - Rose Bly, 21, St. Croix Falls, 21 Aug 2009

AUG 23, 2019
WATCH: Sheriff's Office Releases Video In Rose Marie Bly Missing Person Case | Recent News | DrydenWire.com
missing-in-polk-county-rose-marie-bly.800x600.jpg

[...]

In an effort to bring this case back into the spotlight the Sheriff’s Office is taking a new approach in an effort to bring this case back into the news. The overall goal? Generate new conversation, and in turn, tips and information which will hopefully help us bring this case to a resolution.

In addition to this video, which highlights Rose’s mom’s painful journey as she continues to look for her youngest daughter, a tip line has also been established at the Sheriff’s Office.

[...]

If you have any information on the disappearance or whereabouts of Rose Bly please contact the Polk County Sheriff’s Office at 715-485-8300.

AUG 29, 2019
Somebody out there knows something

5d6699f174ee5.image.jpg

“I don’t really like the name ‘cold case’ as I think it implies we have pushed it off to the side and as law enforcement, we never give up, we never quit searching for the answers,” said Polk County Sheriff Brent Waak during a press conference last week regarding the 2009 disappearance of Rose Marie Bly.

[...]

“There has been extensive searching. There has been a lot of effort to find Rose. It is always in the back of every officer’s mind, ‘Where is Rose Bly?’ because this mystery is solvable,” said Waak who was a Polk County Patrol Sargent when Bly went missing.

“Her mother has not seen her in 10 years. Our community wants these questions answered. Since 2009 we have handled over 200 tips on this case and we have interviewed over 150 people.”

[...]

During the just under five minute video, Bly’s mother Candus Harer, shares the pain she has experienced during the past decade. “It’s horrible. It’s hard to deal with. My life will never be normal without knowing where my daughter is. With a missing child there is a hole in your heart that cannot be filled,” said Harer.

[...]

Included as part of the video, an age-enhanced photo has been released. “If Rose is out there, we believe this is what she could look like. Our hope is Rose Bly could come home and knock on the door and say, ‘Mom I’m home.’ We have looked at a lot of angles on this. Our focus at this time is to shift and try something new. Somebody knows where she was going, what happened and where she is,” said Waak.

Making a final plea towards the video’s end, Harer expressed tears are constant when struggling with not knowing what happened to her youngest daughter. She said, “Rosie if you’re out there, I still have the same number.”

[...]

Charley Project has updated August 23, 2019; picture and age-progression added.

Rose Marie Bly
rose_marie_bly_1.jpg
rose_marie_bly_6.jpg
bly_rose7.jpg
bly_rose_ap.jpg
rose_marie_bly_9.jpg

• Missing Since 08/21/2009
  • Missing From St. Croix Falls, Wisconsin
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Date of Birth 09/16/1987 (32)
  • Age 21 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'0, 110 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A white tank top, a green v-neck sweater, blue jeans and flip-flop sandals.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Light brown hair, brown eyes. Bly has a tattoo of red cherries on the outside of her right ankle; a photo of the tattoo is posted with this case summary. Her ears and navel are pierced. She frequently changes the length and style of her hair; at the time of her disappearance, her hair was cut in a chin-length bob. She may color her hair blonde or red.
Details of Disappearance
Bly was last seen in St. Croix Falls, Wisconsin at 7:30 p.m. on August 21, 2009. She left her home in the 2300 block of River Road to travel four or five miles to Cushing, Wisconsin to meet a cousin at a bar. She was driving a white 2001 Pontiac Grand Am with a Wisconsin license plate numbered 535MAB. Sometime that night, Bly contacted her husband and said she'd be home by midnight. She never arrived in Cushing, however, and has never been heard from again.

Bly's car was found in a parking lot near a post office in Grantsburg, Wisconsin five days after her disappearance. The lot is normally used by semi truck drivers to park their tractor-trailers. The car was undamaged, there was no evidence of foul play and the keys were missing. Grantsburg is about thirty miles from St. Croix and fifteen miles from Cushing. Bly has family living there and she graduated from Grantsburg High School.

Bly left behind a husband and two daughters under the age of two. She doesn't have any credit or debit cards, and she left home with very little money. Bly's husband filed for divorce three weeks after her disappearance and sought a court order to prevent her from returning and taking the children. They had married in February 2009.

Their relationship was troubled and police were called to the home at least once to intervene in a domestic violence incident; Bly's husband accused her of slapping him, and she accused her of putting her in a headlock and banging her head on the ground. He had previously filed for divorce in June 2009, but withdrew the filing after he and Bly reconciled. Bly's husband passed a polygraph and he isn't considered a suspect in her disappearance. His divorce petition was granted in 2010 and he has sole custody of their daughters.

Bly fell off a horse a week before her disappearance. She told her mother she was having headaches after the accident and her mother advised her to see a doctor, but there's no evidence she ever did. Bly's mother speculated her daughter became disoriented due to her injury and wandered away. There is no evidence to support any theory, however. Bly's case remains unsolved.

SEP 12, 2019
Missing Woman's Story Leads To Tips
9-12-2019-1-22-33-PM-7270257.jpg

"A couple things seem interesting, which we're definitely looking at." - Sheriff Brent Waak

Polk County Sheriff Brent Waak confirmed that the recent focus of attention has led to a number of leads and possible tips on the case of Rose Marie Bly, who went missing mysteriously a decade ago, and was the subject of a recently renewed effort to get her story out.

[...]

Waak would not share the nature of the tips or what they might reference, and while law enforcement has kept some information close to the chest during the decade since Bly's Pontiac Grand Am was found in a Grantsburg parking lot with no sign of her. They did reveal that "unidentified DNA evidence" was found in the Pontiac, which has not matched anyone in the current database.

[...]

The Polk County Sherriff's Office puts too much stock in polygraphs. Just because the husband passed it, doesn't mean they should clear him. Many proven innocent individuals have failed polygraphs.
I agree! We know they had a short but troubled marriage and per Charley Project police were called to the home at least once to intervene in a domestic violence incident; Bly's husband accused her of slapping him, and she accused her of putting her in a headlock and banging her head on the ground. <modsnip>
<modsnip: Not the same individual as CML>
Help Find Rose Marie Bly

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, so this is Rose Marie Bly not Candus Rose Bly.

Candus Harer is the mother of Candus Wells. CW is the mother of Summer Wells. CH has at least 2 daughters, CW and Rose. Rose is Summer’s maternal aunt.

I believe that there is a Candus in each generation - it’s confusing because that’s more common with men and because it’s an uncommon spelling! I do like how the name gets passed down, though.

Let's come up with some questions. Maybe at some point someone in their family will become a verified insider here and be able to answer questions.

My questions stem from information at her Charley Project page:
Rose Marie Bly – The Charley Project

Is there any evidence Rose attempted to call her cousin to say she couldn't meet after all?
How did her cousin react when Rose did not show up?
What did Rose's husband say was the reason she gave for staying out until midnight?
Were they able to trace where she called him from?
How did her husband react when she didn't come home?
Does the family on Rose's side believe she did leave her home to head to Cushing?
What do they currently think happened?
What does her husband currently think happened?
Has he ever checked in with LE regarding her case (to ask for any updates, etc) over the years?
Who witnessed her acting unusual after her head injury and what did they witness?
Did anyone witness her fall from the horse?
How can the public help with her case at this time?

Let's come up with some questions. Maybe at some point someone in their family will become a verified insider here and be able to answer questions.

Is there any evidence Rose attempted to call her cousin to say she couldn't meet after all?
What did Rose's husband say was the reason she gave for staying out until midnight?
Does the family on Rose's side believe she did leave her home to head to Cushing?
Has he ever checked in with LE regarding her case (to ask for any updates, etc) over the years?
Who witnessed her acting unusual after her head injury and what did they witness?

Cousin said there were no plans to meet. A woman missing; a mother waiting

I mean he filed for divorce and made it so she couldn't come back for her kids 3 weeks after her disappearance. So i feel he didn't care at all that she was missing.

Edit: 3 weeks after she disappeared his priority wasn't finding the mother of his children it was making sure she couldn't have custody of them if she came back.

Last edited:

Taking the liberty to add to these questions:

Where did the information that Rose was going to meet her cousin come from? Cousin said there were no plans.
Have LE cleared the husband and said he is not a POI?

To me, this sounds like DV. I don't put much stock in the husband passing a polygraph.

Taking the liberty to add to these questions:

Where did the information that Rose was going to meet her cousin come from? Cousin said there were no plans.
Have LE cleared the husband and said he is not a POI?

To me, this sounds like DV. I don't put much stock in the husband passing a polygraph.

Maybe to that point they had nothing further to base suspicion of the husband on. Perhaps a look at his history since then would reveal enough to take a second look...

I mean he filed for divorce and made it so she couldn't come back for her kids 3 weeks after her disappearance. So i feel he didn't care at all that she was missing.

Edit: 3 weeks after she disappeared his priority wasn't finding the mother of his children it was making sure she couldn't have custody of them if she came back.
It seems to me that may eliminate him from the list of possible suspects. He didn't care about her, check. He thought there might be a possibility she'd come back . . . ummmm.

(WJHL) – For over 10 years, the same family now looking for missing 5-year-old Summer Wells has also been searching for answers in the disappearance of Rose Marie Bly, Summer’s aunt.

Bly was reported missing on August 21, 2009, in Polk County, Wisconsin.

The Polk County Sheriff’s Office, on the 10th anniversary of her disappearance, produced a video about the case, in the hopes of garnering more tips as to where Bly could be.

“To reinvigorate our case because we’ve never given up on this case,” Polk County Sheriff Brent Waak explained. “It’s an active investigation, it’s always been an active investigation and we really produced the media, in hopes of generating the conversation and stimulating people’s memory and in hopes that we get a big break in the case.”

In the police-produced film about Bly’s case, her mother (Summer’s grandmother) spoke to authorities about her daughter’s disappearance.

[...]

Now, in 2021, [CH]’s granddaughter has been missing for over two weeks.

“Naturally, right away, people just searching for that name in connection with your Tennessee missing person case came up with ours. So there is a lot of interest in it, and, you know, certainly, we will help any way we can to work towards closure for both cases, you know if there’s anything we can do to help. We’re certainly willing to do that,” Sheriff Waak told News Channel 11.

[...]

Summer Wells not first to go missing in her family, Wisconsin authorities offer sympathies | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather
Posted: Jul 1, 2021 / 05:29 PM EDT / Updated: Jul 1, 2021 / 05:31 PM EDT

I agree! We know they had a short but troubled marriage and per Charley Project police were called to the home at least once to intervene in a domestic violence incident; Bly's husband accused her of slapping him, and she accused her of putting her in a headlock and banging her head on the ground. <modsnip>
<modsnip: Not the correct individual>
Help Find Rose Marie Bly

CLL the isn’t the right guy.

CML DOB 08/1982 is him.

Attachments

• 2009FA000212 Case Details in Polk County.pdf
    31.4 KB · Views: 76
Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online