GUILTY UK - Linda Hood, 68, found strangled after house fire, Gorleston, Norfolk, 11 June 2021 *ARREST*

Thankyou for finding this info. I have no idea how long it would take for a fire to get going but lets use the timeframe of between 8am-9.15am just after police were called. The following buses were on route at that time...

X1 service between lowestoft and norwich. See attached timetable. I have circled in red the name of the bus stop (magdalen square) that is on brasenose avenue which passes by cherwell way. There would have been buses in the area roughly at

• 07.44am
  • 08.16am
  • 08.46am
  • 09.16am

08 service between caister and the hospital. Again I have circled in red the name of the bus stop (magdalen square) that is on brasenose avenue which passes by cherwell way the times the buses would be going past...

• 07.54am
  • 08.11am
  • 08.26am
  • 08.41am

So the number 8 bus passed her house every 10minutes and the X1 every 30minutes and i am pretty sure other buses use brasenose Avenue also so surely one of them must've caught something? Especially in daylight? I have also attached maps to show brasenose avenue in relation to her road cherwell way.

*Edited to add link to bus timetables where I gathered this info from.

Route maps | Norfolk & Suffolk | First Bus

@HollyHunter9 You should pull all that info together into a format that can be uploaded to the police's Public Portal and make sure they have it. The police generally are often very slow to consider and gather open source data, even in murder enquiries, but bus cctv is time-sensitive afaik, so they should be encouraged to consider this asap.

Public Portal

Last edited:
Until more is divulged, I can't expand on my thoughts here, but so far it's heading in the direction of what I think happened.

Intriguing!

I feel there's very little to go on, except to say that neck compression/strangulation is a very intimate way to kill and is often sexually motivated. It depends on how much fire damage there was, but I would be interested to know whether there was any evidence of sexual assault or activity. I don't believe anything has been said about that (or perhaps I've missed it).

Last edited:
@HollyHunter9 You should pull all that info together into a format that can be uploaded to the police's Public Portal and make sure they have it. The police generally are often very slow to consider and gather open source data, even in murder enquiries, but bus cctv is time-sensitive afaik, so they should be encouraged to consider this asap.

Public Portal

I did think about doing that but then I thought they might find it annoying some amateur websleuther telling them how to do their job.

I did think about doing that but then I thought they might find it annoying some amateur websleuther telling them how to do their job.

lol, probably, but it might make the difference between them doing it and not. You have a valid local connection, which is a good justification for feeling you know something others might not have spotted. The investigation team is a joint Norfolk/Suffolk task force. I doubt anyone on it is particularly local. JMHO.

No I don't have any insider information.

Just from reading about so many cases, sometimes something stands out to us.
But until the person in my mind is named as a person of interest I can't sleuth them and I can't say what stood out to me because that would be sleuthing them. I don't even know their name anyway.
And I might be totally wrong anyway. I probably am lol.

Intriguing!

Murder detectives shift focus to town gardens

Detectives probing the murder of a Gorleston woman have switched their focus to a town park.

Residents reported seeing a large police and forensic presence in Priory Gardens, and in Beccles Road, on Monday, June 21.

A spokesman for the Norfolk force has confirmed the activity related to the murder of Linda Hood, 68, and would likely continue in the coming days.

As the investigation enters its tenth day, one man in his 50s is still being questioned by police at Wymondham Police Investigation Centre, while another man arrested on June 17 has been released on bail.

Officers were called just before 9.10am on Friday, June 11, to assist Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service following reports of a fire at a house in Cherwell Way, Gorleston.

Mrs Hood was found inside the property but she was declared deceased at the scene.

Inquiries and the results of a post-mortem examination led detectives in the Joint Norfolk and Suffolk Major Investigation Team to treat her death as murder.

On Monday (June 21) police said a second man had been arrested in relation to Linda's murder.

The cause of death established was compression to the neck.

Detective chief inspector Phill Gray said: "We are continuing to progress with our enquiries in order to establish the exact circumstances leading up to Linda’s death.

"We understand the local community continues to feel concerned about recent events and officers will remain in the area over the coming days.

"We reiterate our appeal for information and encourage anyone who was in the Cherwell Way area of Gorleston on Thursday, June 10 and Friday, June 11 to come forward.

"We do believe the man we are currently questioning is known to Linda."

Any witnesses or anyone with information is asked to submit this through a portal by visiting Public Portal or contact Detective chief inspector Phill Gray in the Major Investigation Team on 101 quoting Operation Osgood.

Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

I know nothing :)

I think from being on WS for quite awhile now, I just get suspicious of someone and sometimes its not the person other people get suspicious of.
But I know what you mean about feeling like the new girl. On some threads where all of a sudden people are talking about something that some seem to know. But I'm in the dark. And I wonder did I miss something somehow ?

Am I the only person not in the know? I have a sense of what kind of thing I think might have happened, but a specific person?? I feel like the new girl again!

So the second man has been released too.

As the investigation enters its tenth day, two men in their 50s from the Gorleston area have been released after being questioned.

The first was released on bail and the second was released under investigation.

What are they looking in the gardens for I wonder?

Murder detectives shift focus to town gardens

What do we think is in the gardens? A second body? A cache of mobile phones and used fivers? A hoard of Viking gold? Nothing?
The gardens are actually quite a way from the victims home. It's a good 30 minute walk. Perhaps evidence has been disposed of there? Items of clothing? Fire starting paraphernalia? But what lead police to check there?

The fire starting stuff would be a good find.
Maybe someone handed in something, like an empty container that smelled of petrol.

Perhaps they got fingerprints off that belonged to one or more of the men, who had a criminal record and their fingerprints were on file.

But had to bail them because they couldn't link the container to the fire.

So back to do a more thorough search. Maybe something was taken from the house.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back