GUILTY OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #62

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Tiff.

Mentally off or not doesn't sugar coat the truth of the matter. That being:

1.) Canepa said Jake corroborated the way BCI thought it happened that night.

2.) He led them to all that trove of evidence. We know a knife and guns but I think the security cameras were there also and I'm sure a few other items.

3.) Scheiderer could get on the stand and make it clear to the Jury that Jake's information is credible. The sequence of events match up and the guns were found to be used that night.

I was thinking about fingerprints but it is possible George didn't leave any if he used gloves for the crimes. Really no doubt they would have used gloves, first thing I bet they thought of was "let's make sure we don't leave any fingerprints."
IMO I think the state would had addressed any mental issues with the Wagner’s before any plea agreement began.

It was obviously used in the crimes which is why it was hidden with the guns etc...

We know they tried to burn a VCR and a silencer so I am sure they burned up anything that would burn like clothes and shoes, masks, etc...

So the knife wouldn't burn so they had to dispose of it with the other metal stuff.

Not burnable, I think it's quite possible that all the security cameras were in those containers.

So I think the knife was used to cut down the security cameras. They would have to have a tool or a knife to get that many cameras down.
I have not posted in awhile just taking it all in first. I could not agree more about the knife being needed for multiple purposes. I was thrown by the trial date set so far off. Wondering if that precludes AW or BW going to trial before G4. If anyone out there has a thought about that I would love to hear.

IMO I think the state would had addressed any mental issues with the Wagner’s before any plea agreement began.

The defense grasping at straws.

The jury is going to see for themselves Jake up in the witness stand describing everything that George participated in. They will see for themselves how lucid he is.

To do what Jake did shows mental illness but the mental illness didn't stop him planning for 4 months and then carrying out a diabolical plan. Nor will it stop him from talking about what happened that night on the witness stand.

Nor did it stop him from taking care of his child, working as a long haul trucker, driving back and forth to AK, taking care of the animals on Defiance
Farms, obtaining a custody attorney,

buying murder kit items, using surveillance
and counter surveillance, hacking electronic devices, using phone jammers, sharing floor plans, disassembling a bunch of cameras on 2 properties, stealing phones and burning and burying evidence, giving statements to the media, buying and then hiding a car for that night, giving several interviews to LE,

and on and on....

Add in George's Glock that was likely recovered, with his uncle testifying that he helped him buy it, and I don't think the jury will be fooled one bit by the defense grasping at straws.

I think they will see the so called "Glock man" for what he is. An evil cold blooded heartless killer who needs to be separated from society because he is extremely dangerous. No juror would want to live near this guy.

Last edited:
The defense grasping at straws.

The jury is going to see for themselves Jake up in the witness stand describing everything that George participated in. They will see for themselves how lucid he is.

To do what Jake did shows mental illness but the mental illness didn't stop him planning for 4 months and then carrying out a diabolical plan. Nor will it stop him from talking about what happened that night on the witness stand.

Nor did it stop him from taking care of his child, working as a long haul trucker, driving back and forth to AK, taking care of the animals on Defiance
Farms, obtaining a custody attorney,

buying murder kit items, using surveillance
and counter surveillance, hacking electronic devices, using phone jammers, sharing floor plans, disassembling a bunch of cameras on 2 properties, stealing phones and burning and burying evidence, giving statements to the media, buying and then hiding a car for that night, giving several interviews to LE,

and on and on....

Add in George's Glock that was likely recovered, with his uncle testifying that he helped him buy it, and I don't think the jury will be fooled one bit by the defense grasping at straws.

I think they will see the so called "Glock man" for what he is. An evil cold blooded heartless killer who needs to be separated from society because he is extremely dangerous. No juror would want to live near this guy.
Agree about the mental illness issue. Most of us think a person would have to be insane to plan and commit JW's crimes. However, JW hasn't displayed an iota of behavior to fit definition of legal insanity or impairment. Jake is Evil. George's lawyer will grasp every straw he can get his hands on and probably will delay the trial for as long as he can.

Agree about the mental illness issue. Most of us think a person would have to be insane to plan and commit JW's crimes. However, JW hasn't displayed an iota of behavior to fit definition of legal insanity or impairment. Jake is Evil. George's lawyer will grasp every straw he can get his hands on and probably will delay the trial for as long as he can.

He just delayed it for 10 months. Judge shouldn't allow any longer I feel.

Someone on here said personality disorders like narcissism and others are not mental illness. Having no empathy isn't necessarily mental illness.

As you said he could just be evil.

Occam's Razor: the simplest of explanations is usually the right one.

Buy a bucket concrete comes in, mix it up, add evidence and mixed concrete to bucket, put on the lid, bury or dump in a pond. Anything you may want to retrieve later, you protect from concrete with plastic bags, etc...
Yup! Can't you just imagine that evidence stuffed in buckets of wet cement, submerged/ buried by Wags, dug up by LE then cracked open? I love that additional discovery posted by @Covert Operative

I have not posted in awhile just taking it all in first. I could not agree more about the knife being needed for multiple purposes. I was thrown by the trial date set so far off. Wondering if that precludes AW or BW going to trial before G4. If anyone out there has a thought about that I would love to hear.
I noticed there was DNA on the knife.

Sleuthers:
I don’t know if you all remember when GW4 first got arrested he kept telling his attorneys that he wanted his ex-wife to get a mental evaluation before she took custody of their son and now GW4 is asking the same thing, before Jake Wagner testified against him, is this his way out of trouble for everything GW4 did???? JMO
MO
Yes, I remember that, but you know who that really sounds like talking? I say FW put those words in G4 mouth. MO

I have this feeling that since the date is not until April 4, 2022, either a couple things can or may happen

1. The mother, father, or the other brother, George, cop to a plea deal as well
2. Jake doesnt make it to trial and ends up dead - either by himself or from someone else

I have this feeling that since the date is not until April 4, 2022, either a couple things can or may happen

1. The mother, father, or the other brother, George, cop to a plea deal as well
2. Jake doesnt make it to trial and ends up dead - either by himself or from someone else
All of those sound like possibilities. G3 could ask for a speedy trial again and go before G4.

All of those sound like possibilities. G3 could ask for a speedy trial again and go before G4.

yeah. who knows anymore with this family. If I were on trial for something like this, id want a speedy trial to defend myself with all that I have got etc. i understand the magnitude and complexity of this case, the scope of it, but still, etc.

Id imagine when April rolls around or before, another pushback will happen and it will be moved again, but lets hope not. the Rhoden family deserves to see this justice through all the way to the end

JW plead guilty to charges on 5 year anniversary date from April 22, 2016.

GW's trial is to start April 22, 2022, so 6 year anniversary date.

Do we see a pattern here I wonder? Too much to be coincidences, is it not?

JMO and observation.

I agree with Tiff.

Mentally off or not doesn't sugar coat the truth of the matter. That being:

1.) Canepa said Jake corroborated the way BCI thought it happened that night.

2.) He led them to all that trove of evidence. We know a knife and guns but I think the security cameras were there also and I'm sure a few other items.

3.) Scheiderer could get on the stand and make it clear to the Jury that Jake's information is credible. The sequence of events match up and the guns were found to be used that night.

I was thinking about fingerprints but it is possible George didn't leave any if he used gloves for the crimes. Really no doubt they would have used gloves, first thing I bet they thought of was "let's make sure we don't leave any fingerprints."
You are SO right. Thanks for the very positive and probable post.
your welcome

About the GMC listed...it said Athens...Georgia? It then said it was impounded in Pike County.
Can anyone recall, was JM's pickup a GMC or Chevrolet? (The pickup that LE had put the tracker on?)

The reason I am asking is because I remember it being discussed as if the W's were possibly associated with that same pickup and the W's were possibly trying to point fingers at JM in order to take attention away from themselves in regards to that pickup or something? Anyone else remember this discussion?

And just to be clear - I am in NO way insinuating that JM was involved in anything! The ONLY reason I mention him is because of the tracker being put on his pickup by LE!

JMO/thoughts

Can anyone recall, was JM's pickup a GMC or Chevrolet? (The pickup that LE had put the tracker on?)

The reason I am asking is because I remember it being discussed as if the W's were possibly associated with that same pickup and the W's were possibly trying to point fingers at JM in order to take attention away from themselves in regards to that pickup or something? Anyone else remember this discussion?

And just to be clear - I am in NO way insinuating that JM was involved in anything! The ONLY reason I mention him is because of the tracker being put on his pickup by LE!

JMO/thoughts
JM was driving a red Ford - F-150.

Photo #2 of red truck in Gallery

Relative of Rhoden victim accused of destroying GPS appears in court

JMO,MOO

Last edited:
yeah. who knows anymore with this family. If I were on trial for something like this, id want a speedy trial to defend myself with all that I have got etc. i understand the magnitude and complexity of this case, the scope of it, but still, etc.

Id imagine when April rolls around or before, another pushback will happen and it will be moved again, but lets hope not. the Rhoden family deserves to see this justice through all the way to the end
Hopefully George will release the deck is stacked against him before then

JMO/thoughts
im pretty sure it was a red Chevy . I’ve been going back a few years searching for the photo of the truck that the custody papers were found in . Anyone have the photo saved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie