SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe this is being way too pessimistic about LE down there …. but I am the only one wondering if that “new info” related to Stephen Smith’s death consists of anything more than those rumors in the press

Maybe this is being way too pessimistic about LE down there …. but I am the only one wondering if that “new info” related to Stephen Smith’s death consists of anything more than those rumors in the press

Maybe LE is more willing to 'speak up' now that this case is underway. Or, maybe they have to answer to state officials and FBI?

ETA: I have seen nothing that causes me to lack confidence in the investigators in this Murdaugh case.

The South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED) on Tuesday confirmed that the agency is opening the investigation into the 2015 death of 19-year-old Stephen Smith based on information gathered during the investigation into the shooting deaths of Paul and Margaret Murdaugh.

SLED opening Stephen Smith death investigation based on information gathered in Murdaugh double-homicide case | WCBD News 2

Oh wow, this just gets deeper and darker. I'm happy for Stephen's Mom, hopefully at the end of this SLED will find answers for her.

My theory is maybe they've uncovered some digital evidence if they had search warrants for electronics that implicated them.

With all the deaths, this case has made headlines everywhere. WS members are reading, dissecting, and thinking. What May have been swept under the rug, for whatever reasons, LE and other agencies will be watched and I am hoping the the truth can come out….no matter what it is. IMO too many happenings have been buried that deal with the Murdaugh Family, good or bad the truth needs to come out.

Thanks for the video. I did not hear Trey Goudy assert that the victims were bound. What I did hear are his quotes that I copied down below. Hopefully I got them verbatim.

"there is some reporting that the victims were bound…" at 1:26

"If they were bound you want to look for touch DNA and fingerprints…" at 4:21

Trey Gowdy, former FBI special agent examine SC murder mystery
Yes, but Trey brought it out into the open for a reason. His choice of words didn't occur in a vacuum.

As much as I hate this, it's not impossible that SLED may have reopened the Stephen Smith case in order to more firmly establish that his mother's accusations are officially baseless and allow the Murdaugh family to sue her for slander.

Jmo I don’t think they resided at that address. I am thinking that one or the other PM/MM arrived and there was a break in. The building or house possibly had the weapons used. It would seem that if a semi auto was used it would be traceable. Haven’t seen a think on that.

Most alarm systems can be accessed from a mobile device.

Perhaps, there was a sensor in the kennel that alerted their mobile device.Then PM and MM drove to over to the lodge to inspect what was causing the problem. On arrival exiting the vehicle they were ambushed maybe one or the other could have been was wounded in the vehicle. In terror they just scattered.The absolute element of surprise and shock of being shot at made them sitting ducks.

In her quoted post ElleyMae just really made me question if a burglary angle was the perfect ruse/contrivance to lure family to the CS. Gosh:oops:who really was the intended target supposed to be?

Again just a theory. I would appreciate someone giving me their opinion. But be gentile~please;)

MOO

Last edited:
ADMIN NOTE:

We have some members who have been absent from the board for a while and who may be returning to various discussions at Websleuths.

We are requesting that members not derail the thread with welcome back messages on the threads. Such posts will be removed.

If you wish to extend welcome back wishes to returning members, please do so through private messaging.

Thanks to everyone for your cooperation.

As much as I hate this, it's not impossible that SLED may have reopened the Stephen Smith case in order to more firmly establish that his mother's accusations are officially baseless and allow the Murdaugh family to sue her for slander.
In my OPINION…not a chance. I think this family’s problems/bad deeds are coming home to roost. Again, MOO.

SLED searched Paul Murdaugh’s Columbia apartment near University of South Carolina

https://www.thestate.com/news/politics-government/article252203618.html

On the afternoon of June 8 — a day after the killings — a property manager of the apartment complex found an open door in a unit in that property complex and notified the Columbia police department, according to city police.

Although Columbia police did not say specifically that the open door belonged to Paul Murdaugh, sources told The State that the unit was in fact Murdaugh’s.

In my attached screenshot, I'd guess the red-roofed building to be some form of maintenance building and main house to be at the bottom of my pic. You are probably correct about the kennels.

JMO

Just a guess here, but the building with the red roof may be a skinning shed/walk-in cooler (for skinning, gutting, and hanging deer); they may kill >100 deer per year on that property. It might also contain a bunkhouse where the visiting sportsmen sleep.

The long building at the top in that first photo is probably an equipment shed, where they park ATVs, "gators", and tractors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48