Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to educate myself with your help :)

so the IMEI can be transmitted via the gps chip if there isn’t a Sim or no data credit ?

As soon as a phone is powered on it pings the nearest base station (phone mast) which in turn does a ping to all the HLRs (home location registers) of which there are only small numbers spread around the providers. Your HLR is totally unrelated to where you are located. Once you are identified, by your IMEI number, at any HLR, you will be connected to SIM card providers service - or ignored. But your presence will still be recorded.

Every once in a while I get sucked back into their social medias, and 20 opened tabs on my browser I gotta stop myself. Its always the pages she likes on her fb that get me. She follows so many abandoned/desolated buildings pages, ones for peterborough, essex, yorkshire, and I'm not from there and wouldn't be able to connect them with areas of interest. So if anyone from the area wants to take a look here you go! https://www.facebook.com/spadley/likes_all

Also deeply disturbs me that Sarah followed #crimescenecleanup on instagram.. I'm into crime stuff but it's a whole other thing to be fully comfortable following something like this and having it on your social media feed along with friends, family, regular life stuff. I've read up on the steps of decomposition, like buzzards and how fast they can eat a body, etc but thats like 1 sitting and then I won't read on that topic again for 6 months I can't imagine every day seeing bloods and fluids and dead body stains on my regular feed.
I follow that so do a lot of my friends , I’m not sinister ha ha

The phone data is key here. It’s clear the phone wasn’t in the poor girls possession for several days, which is weird itself for a teenager. Then the covering up and alibis…which starts before she is even missing. Then we have the changed passwords and now it’s clear that they don’t suspect the girl will be needing these accounts again. It’s what will see both of them going down for a long time

As soon as a phone is powered on it pings the nearest base station (phone mast) which in turn does a ping to all the HLRs (home location registers) of which there are only small numbers spread around the providers. Your HLR is totally unrelated to where you are located. Once you are identified, by your IMEI number, at any HLR, you will be connected to SIM card providers service - or ignored. But your presence will still be recorded.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you saying that an iphone that has no sim will still connect with mobile network cells and identify itself by IMEI number. My daughter has a secondhand iphone that has never had a sim whilst we've had it and it's used as a mini tablet to play apps off our wifi. Are you saying that every time she switches it on it is recorded somewhere?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you saying that an iphone that has no sim will still connect with mobile network cells and identify itself by IMEI number. My daughter has a secondhand iphone that has never had a sim whilst we've had it and it's used as a mini tablet to play apps off our wifi. Are you saying that every time she switches it on it is recorded somewhere?

You can make emergency calls on a phone without a SIM, so they must connect to the cell mast to be able to do that. I am not sure what info the cell mast would record though

You can make emergency calls on a phone without a SIM, so they must connect to the cell mast to be able to do that. I am not sure what info the cell mast would record though
A site I've just looked at Lakes First Aid says that this is a myth. "To make a 999 call the phone needs to show some ‘signal bars’ or a message such as ‘emergency calls only’. It must also have an active SIM card (with or without credit)".

"Yesterday (Wednesday) Cambridge Crown Court heard from Chris O’Connell, Sarah Walker’s boyfriend.

Messages were sent from Bernadette’s phone to Mr O’Connell’s phone after she went missing.

Mr O’Connell told the court that Sarah Walker told him that she had sent messages from Bernadette’s phone.

He said he had questioned whether the messages had been sent by Bernadette - but Sarah Walker had not said she had sent them until after her arrest.

He said: “I queried some of the messages to her (Sarah). The language used in the messages, I asked if it was something she (Bernadette) would say. I needed to know it was her.”

He added: “She accused Scott of sending one message, saying it was not Bernadette.”

The court heard Mr O’Connell, who said he was still in a relationship with Sarah Walker, gave a statement to police on September 11 last year - at which point Sarah Walker had not admitted sending the messages.

He said she later admitted sending some messages from her phone.

The court also heard how Scott Walker had sent messages to Mr O’Connell’s colleagues and family when he started the relationship with Sarah Walker.

Mr O’Connell had been a tutor of Sarah Walker’s when she was taking a maths course in 2018 - with the relationship between the pair starting in 2019.

The court was also told Scott Walker had made a complaint about the relationship - although Mr O’Connell was exonerated as nothing inappropriate had happened.

Elizabeth Marsh QC, defending Scott Walker, described her client as being ‘devastated’ when Mr O’Connell had started the relationship.

Mr O’Connell also said that while he had never met Scott Walker, he had seen evidence that he had been in the vicinity of his house while he was in a relationship with Sarah Walker. He said Sarah Walker showed him messages from Scott Walker saying he had left his back gate open, and was told that one night revving that could be heard outside his home was Scott Walker on a motorbike.

Ms Marsh also said Sarah Walker had lied to Mr O’Connell a number of times, including when she told him Scott Walker was not moving out of the family house as he had a court order.

Mr O’Connell also told the jury Sarah Walker had been ‘angry’ when she had received a text from Bernadette Walker outlining the sexual abuse allegations against Scott Walker.

When asked if she was angry with Bernadette for making the allegations, or with Scott Walker, Mr O’Connell said ‘both.’

He said Sarah Walker did not believe the allegations.
"

From above link.

How coincidental Sarah was ill when a Scotts step Mom testifies... Wonder how many days she'll be ill when people who can contradict the story she's trying to paint are testifying..

OMG and Chris too! She couldn't stand to face them! Wonder how Scott felt them both being in the courtroom..

How coincidental Sarah was ill when a Scotts step Mom testifies... Wonder how many days she'll be ill when people who can contradict the story she's trying to paint are testifying..

OMG and Chris too! She couldn't stand to face them! Wonder how Scott felt them both being in the courtroom..

I think it was the day before she claimed to be ill, the 22nd?

Bernadette Walker Murder Trial: College classmates describe trying to contact missing teenager after her disappearance

Although this article was published very early hours of Wednesday 23rd it is referring to the previous days proceedings.

The court heard Mr O’Connell, who said he was still in a relationship with Sarah Walker, gave a statement to police on September 11 last year - at which point Sarah Walker had not admitted sending the messages.

This is all so messed up! Do they mean that they are still in a relationship now, or that they were still in a relationship on Sept 11th?

Seems to me she is a game player with people in her life. She admits lying to him about numerous things, including Scott still living with her because of a court order. Just lie after lie!

This is all so messed up! Do they mean that they are still in a relationship now, or that they were still in a relationship on Sept 11th?

Seems to me she is a game player with people in her life. She admits lying to him about numerous things, including Scott still living with her because of a court order. Just lie after lie!
To me it reads they are still in a relationship. He needs to run as fast as he can in the other direction. Maybe he is the baby's father.

A site I've just looked at Lakes First Aid says that this is a myth. "To make a 999 call the phone needs to show some ‘signal bars’ or a message such as ‘emergency calls only’. It must also have an active SIM card (with or without credit)".

The ability to call 112/911 (999 for a UK standard phone) is part of the GSM standard, so you can call emergency without a SIM card.

As your iphone is a 'cellular device' (so it has the ability to have and function with a SIM) then it will have an IMEI number, ALL such devices have an IMEI.
And all such devices have an associated HLR. Whenever the iPhone wakes up, it will be 'recognised' at its HLR. HLRs also regularly ping all the connected devices to find out where they are and store this as the 'last known position'.

You can get apps to check where your HLR is if you're interested.

Basically a SIM card connects you to a provider's network, but you don't need a SIM card to use the iPhone.
I download Google Maps onto one of my iPhones to use as a SatNav when out on my motorbike (no traffic info obviously as that does need a SIM) since that uses only the device's GPS capabilities. Cheap, free to use and of a handy size!

Last edited:
Which one? A or B?

A. Sarah wrote that she “didn’t take (Bernadette) to the police in the end, I took her to her grandparents”. “I hoped she would own up to them.” She added: “If I thought for one minute it’s true, her dad wouldn’t be here.” (link)

B. Ms Wilding asked Julie Walker: “Did you ask why Bernadette was to come to yours?” She replied: “Because they thought she would probably open up to someone else.” (link)

"Bea was very upset. She was crying. Mrs Walker said Bernadette "kept repeating 'I'm not lying'". "Eventually we just changed the subject because it seemed like she wasn't going to say anything else."

Bernadette Walker murder trial: Teen 'crying after sex abuse disclosure'

:mad:

Which one? A or B?

A. Sarah wrote that she “didn’t take (Bernadette) to the police in the end, I took her to her grandparents”. “I hoped she would own up to them.” She added: “If I thought for one minute it’s true, her dad wouldn’t be here.” (link)

B. Ms Wilding asked Julie Walker: “Did you ask why Bernadette was to come to yours?” She replied: “Because they thought she would probably open up to someone else.” (link)

"Bea was very upset. She was crying. Mrs Walker said Bernadette "kept repeating 'I'm not lying'". "Eventually we just changed the subject because it seemed like she wasn't going to say anything else."

Bernadette Walker murder trial: Teen 'crying after sex abuse disclosure'

:mad:

I do not think they would have sent her to the grandparents if they thought her story would be believed.

If Julie had one doubt Berni was not lying but telling the truth ,why did she let Scott pick her up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member