NE NE - Jason Jolkowski, 19, Omaha, 13 Jun 2001 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure the sex offenders live evenly spaced across this and every city. Those in the poorer neighborhoods just don't have the lawyers to get is off their records. The registry is maintained through the State Patrol, and is only a little older than this case.

The problem with the list, even though it shows some degrees of offense, is that its hard to tell what the actual crime was. You could be a 19 year old with a 17 year old girlfriend who's daddy you got on the wrong side of. It could be something really bad. It is not likely that someone who got onto the list by exposing themselves is also a murderer. Though, I think you all are correct, that these people should be on the list of suspects.

The problem with the list, even though it shows some degrees of offense, is that its hard to tell what the actual crime was. You could be a 19 year old with a 17 year old girlfriend who's daddy you got on the wrong side of. It could be something really bad. It is not likely that someone who got onto the list by exposing themselves is also a murderer. .

Agreed with this. Not sure SO registry is a super accurate way to pick a suspect, though you never know. Most of the people on the current list within 3 miles of Jason's home are on there for crimes involving underage girls. As Studebkr said it's hard to tell exactly but they do have certain codes in the report like F for female and M for male, and will usually classify if they were under age. Someone who has a record with an underage girl probably isn't going to switch it up to an adult male. Adult male sexual assaults probably go underreported in general (either from shame or not being taken seriously), so the perp may not be on the list at all. Though as said, it's a far jump from lesser sexual offenses to murder. This perp was pretty crafty to avoid detection. Makes one wonder if this guy stopped at Jason, or if Jason was even the first victim.

Agreed with this. Not sure SO registry is a super accurate way to pick a suspect, though you never know. Most of the people on the current list within 3 miles of Jason's home are on there for crimes involving underage girls. As Studebkr said it's hard to tell exactly but they do have certain codes in the report like F for female and M for male, and will usually classify if they were under age. Someone who has a record with an underage girl probably isn't going to switch it up to an adult male. Adult male sexual assaults probably go underreported in general (either from shame or not being taken seriously), so the perp may not be on the list at all. Though as said, it's a far jump from lesser sexual offenses to murder. This perp was pretty crafty to avoid detection. Makes one wonder if this guy stopped at Jason, or if Jason was even the first victim.

Yes, I see what you both mean. I had started to think that way last night, when I looked at some of the offences these SO's on the list did re. ages of victims (horrible to do of course). However, on the list I noticed there were at least 500plus SO's in the whole region further afield (!), so I can certainly see some of those perps committing more grievous offences that led to murder. As we all know, underage victims regularly get murdered after being abused. The problem is JJ was aged 19 ,and tall and fit by all accounts, so it would be unusual! And it would also be good to look into some of the stats re. missing and/or murdered young people in that region.

I'm currently thinking he was most likely approached by someone who lived in a house that he was walking past. "Could you help me carry this inside?" or similar.

If he did accept a ride, I guess it could have been a "I was sent to pick you up instead" scenario that somehow seemed believable enough?

I was shy and introverted (shyness and introversion are not the same) as a teen-ager/young adult, just like Jason was. I didn't have many friends either and dat. American culture is very open and expressive, so extroverted people tend to thrive in social situations, particularly in school/work, not people who are reserved. I much preferred (and still do) one-on-one interaction; larger groups can be emotionally draining. I just listen much more when I'm around a lot of people. His friend at the radio station who has posted on Reddit about her friendship with Jason spoke very highly of him. Not surprised at all. It was likely in a far different in setting than say in the high school scene. Jason loved being a DJ and there were probably a lot fewer people involved with the radio station. Much easier to get to know someone with his disposition in that environment.

I don't believe for a minute that Jason harmed himself. It's telling that a few people who likely didn't know his parents spoke of him in similar terms i.e. his folks did not portray their son in an inaccurate light. They too said he was a genuinely kind person, not involved in shady stuff, eager to help others, etc.

Thanks for this, Gilderoy Lockhart. It takes one to know one. I am like this too, and it is one of the reasons Jason's story compels me. While I agree that he likely didn't harm himself, Jason seemed to be a lonely and misunderstood kid with no one outside his family to speak for him. I can't begin to express how ostracizing speech impediments are. Seeing communities like this that take it onto themselves to advocate for people who don't have an army of friends and family to fight for them is a relief. Here's to peace and rest.

Assuming Jason was not taken by a stranger in a mugging or mistaken identity situation, this truly feels like a case that could have been moved forward by a degree of competence on the investigators' part. How large can the pool of potential sex offenders with a record be that it's so hard to investigate this group of individuals? I mean, seriously, who lived in the area? Whose houses would he have passed on Bedford? Not being an insider, it's easy to say that it doesn't feel like nearly enough has been done for Jason, and hearing about the way the SO-angle was dismissed is extremely frustrating. Seriously, what has been done? Internet searches about what measures were taken to uncover information on JJ yield precious little and it's truly disheartening.

I still have my own feelings that he either ran away or hurt himself somehow, but if we go with the angle that Jason was hurt by someone else then I would go with someone from Fazoli's. IMO, the fact that 1) they're the reason for a change in routine that day and 2) they would have the advantage of being able to plan out an attack. Even someone close like a neighbor would have such a small window with a tiny margin for error if any, and would need to be sure that Jason would even go into their home or car. I could see if this were a kid that can be easily lured or grabbed, but an adult man needs some sort of plan. Someone from Fazoli's would know exactly where and when he was walking, and he would certainly get in a car with one of them. I'm not talking about a whole staff conspiracy, but even if just 2 people teamed up to do something for whatever reason. The girl who was sent to pick Jason up could have been a clueless pawn and alibi for them. Boss sends her out, then sends someone else to "pick up" Jason by his home, girl calls boss that Jason didn't show up, and then that's the signal to the boss that the plan worked. He then has the girl come back to the resturant and establishes innocence by calling Jason's home throughout the day knowing he won't be there. Do we even really know if it was Jason's idea to meet at the school? It's just strange that the ONE day he gets called in early out of nowhere is the day he disappears.

The employees at Fazoli's were interviewed multiple times. His mother has stated in interviews that they were, and were cleared. She sounded confident they were not involved. If anyone would know how thoroughly they were investigated, it would be his parents, definitely not anyone of us. So, if his mother feels confident none of the employees were involved, I, personally, am not about to second guess that aspect of his disappearance.

The employees at Fazoli's were interviewed multiple times. His mother has stated in interviews that they were, and were cleared. She sounded confident they were not involved. If anyone would know how thoroughly they were investigated, it would be his parents, definitely not anyone of us. So, if his mother feels confident none of the employees were involved, I, personally, am not about to second guess that aspect of his disappearance.
I'm not trying to discredit her opinion or the work of the PI, but what does being cleared even mean? It means they had a story and they didn't stray from it, and that the police have no evidence to suspect them. Does clearing them mean they searched their cars for forensics? Checked phone records? How many times have perps been cleared before eventually being found guilty. At the very least I'm curious why nobody at Fazoli's cared enough to attend Jason's memorial event. I'll bet at least a handful of them are still in the Omaha area. But look, I still personally think he ran away, BUT if he was killed I'm still going to look at someone from the restaurant. I know the SO thing is an easy avenue to explore, but idk. Just imo sex offenders are not usually reckless people who just grab people willy nilly in the suburban daylight (unless, again, it's maybe a small child). Even Gacy and Dahmer picked up drunk/drugged/ promiscuous guys from clubs; they didn't nab them off the street in broad daylight. I'm sorry, but imo that just simply doesn't happen.

BUT if he was killed I'm still going to look at someone from the restaurant. I know the SO thing is an easy avenue to explore, but idk. Just imo sex offenders are not usually reckless people who just grab people willy nilly in the suburban daylight (unless, again, it's maybe a small child). Even Gacy and Dahmer picked up drunk/drugged/ promiscuous guys from clubs; they didn't nab them off the street in broad daylight. I'm sorry, but imo that just simply doesn't happen.

I absolutely agree with you. Jason was an extremely low-risk victim. Random sexual abductions of grown men rarely happen in these circumstances.

However, where I part with you is that Jason ran away. I'm convinced it was foul play, and Jason almost definitely knew his abductor.

I absolutely agree with you. Jason was an extremely low-risk victim. Random sexual abductions of grown men rarely happen in these circumstances.

However, where I part with you is that Jason ran away. I'm convinced it was foul play, and Jason almost definitely knew his abductor.
That's fair. Foul play could be very likely as well, but I just personally can't see it from anyone else but someone from the restaurant. It's all just too coincidental- second to (imo) Jason having complete control over his actions that day. But if he didn't then Fazoli's would be next likely to be able to manipulate his routine and actions that day.

That's fair. Foul play could be very likely as well, but I just personally can't see it from anyone else but someone from the restaurant. It's all just too coincidental- second to (imo) Jason having complete control over his actions that day. But if he didn't then Fazoli's would be next likely to be able to manipulate his routine and actions that day.

But it's been suggested before that Jason made the rendezvous at the school in order to take a brief detour. Personally, I place a lot of stock in this. Jason meeting at the school because he sucked at directions sounds innocent enough, but if we assign it an ulterior motive suddenly this looks a lot less random than we thought.

The detour would most likely have been a short one, but what if it was on route to the school? What if that person had offered him a ride the rest of the way?

But it's been suggested before that Jason made the rendezvous at the school in order to take a brief detour. Personally, I place a lot of stock in this. Jason meeting at the school because he sucked at directions sounds innocent enough, but if we assign it an ulterior motive suddenly this looks a lot less random than we thought.

The detour would most likely have been a short one, but what if it was on route to the school? What if that person had offered him a ride the rest of the way?
Maybe, but not sure why Jason needed to do this on the way to work when he already had a tight schedule. What could have been so important that it had to be done then.The only thing I can see him using the school point for is to give him time to bounce.

Maybe, but not sure why Jason needed to do this on the way to work when he already had a tight schedule. What could have been so important that it had to be done then.The only thing I can see him using the school point for is to give him time to bounce.

Thing is, we don't know enough about Jason's private life. From the sounds of it, he didn't have a large circle of friends and was something of a loner. He may have been groomed by an older male.

It could have been something as simple as someone offering to lend or give Jason a book or a CD or something for his car or some pamphlets from his church, or whatever, and he called by their house on the way to collect it before continuing on to the school, it would take no more than 5 mins at the most as his assumption is he’s just picking up something from them at the doorstep. This person then says “come in for a few mins let me find it for you” from there they offer to drive him the rest of the way to the school — or something happens inside that persons home — and the rest is history. This is the kind of scenario I see rather than someone pulling up, incapacitating him and hauling him into the trunk of their car in the middle of the street. Id only entertain an abduction/kidnapping straight off the sidewalk if it was done at gunpoint but then we start getting into the gang theory etc again. All of which seems unlikely to me.

Given what we know about Jason and his lack of close contacts, not much of a social life, zero links to crime/drugs, no problems with depression or mental health, the most likely for me seems to be him being targeted by a lone older male whether that was someone from his church, someone from the community, someone he met at work, a sex offender. I echo the sentiments of many on this thread that Somewhere along the line he had some interaction with this older lone male which resulted in them following it up by harming him.

We moved into the house behind Jolkowski’s in December of 1998.

in all that time, I really only met them a couple times. Jason and his dad pushed me out of the snow once. They all seemed nice, but they were loners.

Jim was very very Catholic. I don’t remember what he did for work Kelly worked at DTN. Kelly was morbidly obese and after Jason disappeared she decided to make some health changes and bought a bicycle. They say Jason would never recognize his mother today.

The first website they constructed was very gothic Catholic, with pictures of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and hymn music.

There was talk I can’t confirm that Jim had been putting pressure on Jason to join the seminary.

I should have went to the memorial. I totally forgot about it. Robert’s Park is just across the creek from Fazzoli’s. I was not aware Jason was a skate boarder.

What has struck me recently is that in all of these boards and Reddit, I am never seeing a post where someone says they went to school with, worked with or hung out with Jason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong