FL - Daysha, 7, & Destiny Hogan, 9, found dead in Lauderhill Canal, 22 June 2021 *mom POI*

dotr

Reaction score
June 22 2021
Police Find Bodies of Two Young Girls in Lauderhill Canal Just Hours Apart
''Hours after the body of a young girl was discovered floating in a canal in Lauderhill, investigators found the body of another girl in the same canal Tuesday night.

Lauderhill Police received a 911 call about the second body in the 2200 block of Northwest 59th Way at around 8:45 p.m. Officers did not have a description or identification.

The first discovery was made in a canal in the 5900 block of Northwest 21st Street. Officials said officers responded around 12 p.m., shortly after receiving a 911 call about the body.''

June 22 2021
''Hours after the body of a young girl was discovered floating in a canal in Lauderhill, investigators found the body of another girl in the same canal Tuesday night.

Lauderhill Police received a 911 call about the second body in the 2200 block of Northwest 59th Way at around 8:45 p.m. Officers did not have a description or identification.

The first discovery was made in a canal in the 5900 block of Northwest 21st Street. Officials said officers responded around 12 p.m., shortly after receiving a 911 call about the body.''
Police said the girl was between the ages of 10 and 13 and was wearing short jean shorts with a gray shirt reading "Dance" in rainbow colors. Officials said they don't know how long she had been in the water.

Just tragic.

rbbm.
''LAUDERHILL, Fla.(AP) – The bodies of two young girls were found, hours apart Tuesday, in a South Florida canal.

Investigators said they are treating the case as a homicide.

The body of the first girl, who detectives said was between the ages of 10 and 13, was spotted Tuesday afternoon outside a condominium complex in Lauderhill, which is just north of Fort Lauderdale.

The second body was found just before 9 p.m. not far from where the first body was located.

Police said no parents had come forward to say their child was missing by late Tuesday night. At first, authorities did not suspect foul play because the first girl showed no signs of trauma. The second girl’s body was still in the water late Tuesday night as detectives continued their investigation.''

2 young girls found dead hours apart in same Florida canal
''Investigators believe they have identified the first child, but have not been able to confirm her identity, because the family had not been notified.''
''Missing children databases have not yielded any results either, reports said.
The bodies were found near the Habitat II Condominium in Lauderhill, according to the Sun-Sentinel. The canal runs directly behind homes located on NW 21st Street, not far from Florida’s Turnpike.''

Lauderhill Police Still Searching For Answers After Bodies Of Two Girls Found In Canal
''Police said the first girl was spotted wearing jean shorts and a grey shirt with rainbow lettering. A neighbor told CBS4’s Brooke Shafer, the second girl was in flower pajamas.

“When we come out, we see the little girl floating in the water,” he said.

Police said the two girls were never reported missing and detectives are waiting on the Medical Examiner to determine the cause of death.''

Last edited:
Bodies of two young girls pulled from South Florida canal

Investigators believe they have identified the first child, but have not been able to confirm her identity because the family had not been notified.

After the first body was found, detectives walked the length of the canal that runs behind the Habitat II Condominiums, but did not find anything else. Then, at 8:45 p.m., police received a 911 call from someone who spotted the second child's body.

The first child was wearing jean shorts and a gray shirt that had rainbow lettering of the word “Dance.” She wore her hair in twists and did not have on shoes. The second child was wearing a tan shirt and flowered pajama bottoms.

On Tuesday afternoon, detectives knocked on doors in the neighborhood, asking neighbors if they knew the little girl. Police believe she lived at the complex.

Neighbors told the newspaper the child had been seen with another girl about her age Monday. And that they saw a woman swimming in the canal Monday night and reading the Bible not far from the spot where the first body was found.

rbbm.
Police Give Update on Investigation Into Deaths of Girls Found in Lauderhill Canal
''Lauderhill Police officials have scheduled a 5 p.m. news conference to give updates on the case.''
On Wednesday, officers were at a home possibly connected to the investigation.

Residents said the woman who lives there with her children had been acting erratically, swimming in the canal and asking to baptize kids in the neighborhood.

“It looked like she was having some emotional problems and couldn’t express it,
she was just in her back during the day," said one neighbor who didn't want to be identified. "I said 'Are you ok?' She started swimming towards me and she went back into the house and disappeared."

Poor babies..

Girls Found in Lauderhill Canal Were Sisters, Ages 7 and 9; Mom a Person of Interest: Cops
''Police have identified the two young girls found in the same Lauderhill canal as sisters and said the girl's mother is being investigated as a possible person of interest in their deaths.

Lauderhill Police Chief Constance Stanley held a news conference Wednesday, where the girls were identified as 7-year-old Daysha Hogan and 9-year-old Destiny Hogan.
Investigators have identified the girls' mother, 36-year-old Tinessa Hogan, as a possible person of interest in the case but said she hasn't been questioned and wasn't currently under arrest.''

Bodies of two young girls pulled from South Florida canal

Investigators believe they have identified the first child, but have not been able to confirm her identity because the family had not been notified.

After the first body was found, detectives walked the length of the canal that runs behind the Habitat II Condominiums, but did not find anything else. Then, at 8:45 p.m., police received a 911 call from someone who spotted the second child's body.

The first child was wearing jean shorts and a gray shirt that had rainbow lettering of the word “Dance.” She wore her hair in twists and did not have on shoes. The second child was wearing a tan shirt and flowered pajama bottoms.

On Tuesday afternoon, detectives knocked on doors in the neighborhood, asking neighbors if they knew the little girl. Police believe she lived at the complex.

Neighbors told the newspaper the child had been seen with another girl about her age Monday. And that they saw a woman swimming in the canal Monday night and reading the Bible not far from the spot where the first body was found.
Strange? Swimming and reading the Bible?

Police ID Bodies Of Two Girls Found In Lauderhill Canal, Name Mother Person Of Interest

Tinessa Hogan, 36, has been named a person of interest. (Source: Lauderhill Police)
''Investigators are confirming neighborhood reports that Tinessa Hogan was seen Monday evening in that same canal acting strangely.

“She was in the water swimming, she had a bible and she told me to come here. I said, ‘Why?’ She said she wanted to baptize me. She say God told her, I say ‘God didn’t tell you anything,’” said neighbor Lawana Johnson.

Police said Tinessa Hogan is not under arrest at this point, but is not out in the community.''

''They couldn’t confirm if she was Baker Acted, which is a psychiatric hold.''

When they weren't reported missing that made me think it was someone that knew them. Sigh. So sad that 2 beautiful lives were snuffed out by the person who was supposed to keep them safe from harm. I wonder if Mom had sought any treatment at any point. I'd guess they Baker Acted her to keep her safe until they can get any cameras reviewed, interviews done and charges filed.Where are the other family members? Anyone around to recognize the girls were in danger?

Strange? Swimming and reading the Bible?

I think that swimming while holding a Bible could be considered a bit strange. Most people see their Bibles as items deserving respect and protection. Add the fact that she was wanting to “baptize” people because she heard God telling her to and I find that behavior indicative of possible abnormal behavior.

I think that swimming while holding a Bible could be considered a bit strange. Most people see their Bibles as items deserving respect and protection. Add the fact that she was wanting to “baptize” people because she heard God telling her to and I find that behavior indicative of possible abnormal behavior.

I wonder if she drowned the girls by what she called immersion baptism.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back