AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t buy that a trafficking ring targeted her from social media but I could see a sicko individual becoming obsessed with her, there certainly were lots of public videos and pictures of her before her disappearance. Location wouldn’t have been difficult to figure out. Actually implementing an abduction would be trickier (hanging out waiting for an opportunity would be obvious — and incredibly hot).

To start saying it immediately is very odd though. He claims she would never wander off so I assume that’s the reason for his mindset.

jmo

I don't find this that odd. I think it's like people who are adamant their loved one wouldn't commit suicide. They want someone to blame who isn't their loved one. Easier to deal with emotionally I think.

New::: Attempted kidnapping from front yard....half hour away....

Could it be related if perp thought Summer was a boy?

East Tenn. man arrested after alleged attempt to kidnap boy from yard

[URL='https://twitter.com/BiancaWJHL']Bianca Marais WJHL
[URL='https://twitter.com/BiancaWJHL']@BiancaWJHLAfter an attempted abduction in Kingsport last week,
[/URL][/URL]
@KingsportPD
PIO tells me this was an isolated incident and that officials do not believe it was in any way connected to the search for Summer Wells in neighbouring Hawkins County
@WJHL11
@ABCTriCities

If any suspect works different locations regularly, it would be challenging for law enforcement to trace movements ( disposing body,etc) without GPS tracking. .....this along with unverifiable time time = Barry Morphew & Orson brothers type challenging cases.
My opinion only.

You make a good point. And in the Morphew case and Orson brothers, the “disappearances” were not immediately reported to the police.

I don’t buy that a trafficking ring targeted her from social media but I could see a sicko individual becoming obsessed with her, there certainly were lots of public videos and pictures of her before her disappearance. Location wouldn’t have been difficult to figure out. Actually implementing an abduction would be trickier (hanging out waiting for an opportunity would be obvious — and incredibly hot).

To start saying it immediately is very odd though. He claims she would never wander off so I assume that’s the reason for his mindset.

jmo
I dunno. My point was that the odds of some predator randomly finding Summer on social media and becoming obsessed with her are slim to none, given that a very small audience will have seen those pics and videos. Very small.

If you mean one of mom's social media friends then yes, I could see that happening.

I have a question. I don't have the knowledge you all do from following many cases. I can think of cases where one parent is involved in harming a child but isn't it unusual for both to be involved.
Not saying I think the parents are involved in this case. Just a curiosity about that.
The only stats I’ve seen on this are for cases of severe abuse and neglect. In such cases, the mother is most likely to be the perpetrator followed by lots of other possibilities. However, I do not think that data was weighted in any way to account for who spends the most time with the child. Of course many children do not even know their father so without any kind of modeling and weighting, such statistics tell us nothing about the odds in a home with two biological parents. JMO.

Eta this was not the study but a quick link.
Child abuse in the U.S. - victims by perpetrator relationship 2019 | Statista

the actual study detailed the cases analyzed and was difficult to read. I bet you’ll find it if you search. I think I have linked to it before on this site.

jmo
Agreed. And she is only 5. Who knows if she can even read yet with all of the Covid mess that school has been this past year. I doubt she is online at all more than to watch a YouTube video or Netflix. And that is assuming an internet connection is available.

Agreed. And she is only 5. Who knows if she can even read yet with all of the Covid mess that school has been this past year. I doubt she is online at all more than to watch a YouTube video or Netflix. And that is assuming an internet connection is available.
If what DW said is correct that the boys were watching youtube when Summer came into the house, then yes they must have internet connection.

I dunno. My point was that the odds of some predator randomly finding Summer on social media and becoming obsessed with her are slim to none, given that a very small audience will have seen those pics and videos. Very small.

If you mean one of mom's social media friends then yes, I could see that happening.

Yes, I meant “those” videos.

I do still find DW believable though. IMO the reason he went straight to abduction is it is the only scenario at that point that let him still hold out hope that she is alive. He knows those woods and knew all the family, police and dogs searching found nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member