Found Deceased Scotland - Sarah Buick, 25, summit of Ben Nevis, 22 June 2021

We need a more detailed route of her itinerary. Yes it not so dark and many people do Ben Nevis in the dark anyway. Where did she sleep that night? People are questioning even the little bit the police have put out.

Er she walked to the summit from Lower Falls?? By what route? There are no paths that I'm aware of. I'm Sceptical about that piece of info. Also very sceptical that she would return that way to the glen too.

We need a more detailed route of her itinerary. Yes it not so dark and many people do Ben Nevis in the dark anyway. Where did she sleep that night? People are questioning even the little bit the police have put out.

Er she walked to the summit from Lower Falls?? By what route? There are no paths that I'm aware of. I'm Sceptical about that piece of info. Also very sceptical that she would return that way to the glen too.

Where would the police have got the information from that Sarah walked to the summit from Lower Falls? Her family, friends or a fellow walker? And if that information is incorrect then maybe someone isn't telling the police the truth.

Where would the police have got the information from that Sarah walked to the summit from Lower Falls? Her family, friends or a fellow walker? And if that information is incorrect then maybe someone isn't telling the police the truth.

I was thinking this. Also not sure if they are estimating the 5am ascent time from the 6.03 summit post (ie does it take roughly an hour, anyone care to clarify?) or if that information is known along with how they know the route taken? Related, does anyone know what the internet signal/reception capabilities are like around there? Does the fact that she seemingly posted onto FB at 6.03am suggest she got down safely or could she have literally posted from the summit and therefore allow the aforementioned 5am ascent estimation?

Well, it seems a bit churlish to spend all that money on equipment and boots and the cost of the trip itself, petrol getting there... then trying to save a couple of pounds on parking!
Surely a car would be better left in the main car park. There are facilities there at least.

I hope the police search the area around her car, I fear something may have happened when she got back and someone saw a lone female and took advantage.

I wonder also if she was sleeping in her car before and/or after the climb?

I’m her brother.

The car park she parked in is called the lower falls car park - it’s an official car park just like the one for the pony trek route (main car park)

The reason for the different car parks is they allow parking for different routes to the summit.

Also no she did not sleep in her car.

I’m her brother.

The car park she parked in is called the lower falls car park - it’s an official car park just like the one for the pony trek route (main car park)

The reason for the different car parks is they allow parking for different routes to the summit.

Also no she did not sleep in her car.

Thinking of you all and sending love from across the ocean.

This is interesting for me - what route did you take?

main route....tourist path.

not that i was glued to my phone, but it was sunset as we descended and stunningly beautiful and i just called my partner to tell him as i waited for rest of our group to catch up. kept cutting me off. there were fell runners up the side of the mountain away from the path. the whole mountain felt 'busy'

main route....tourist path.

not that i was glued to my phone, but it was sunset as we descended and stunningly beautiful and i just called my partner to tell him as i waited for rest of our group to catch up. kept cutting me off. there were fell runners up the side of the mountain away from the path. the whole mountain felt 'busy'

That has been my experience also. Early or late, one rarely feels or is alone on Nevis. Also a lot of photographing and filming going on, as folk document their movement.

it looks like she went up the Car Dearg way.....pathless. for experienced hikers only. and its known for being quiet. if she was down by lunchtime and planned to go elsewhere she could be anywhere

so many beautiful places to explore in that area. i sincerely hope she is found soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back