AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen that the location has been mentioned, I want to add it to the map but it needs to be confirmed to do that. I've spent a considerable amount of time looking myself for potential locations but the style of that Tik Tok video doesn't help.

If the location is mentioned anywhere in MSM please do tag me in the post. Thanks!

Well, I did answer because I do know where it is, but I see what you're asking. No, haven't seen a msm mention yet.

I don't know what happened here. Just sharing, I guess? Experiences in an area similar to Hawkins County:

SOs do not always follow orders. When my daughter was a little older than Summer, she was walking from one door to another and had maybe 10 feet of reduced visibility. Dad was 10-15 feet away and I was about 20. (She was going from him to me). It took less than 15 seconds for dude to whip in, grab my daughter by the arm and start to back out...with her dangling from the window. I don't think the SO thought we were as close as we were, and my husband had yelled "Child is coming over to see you!" and I was moving closer to the door to watch her it could have been really bad. So because of my experience, I can't just rule out abduction. Thank God we were there, had we not been no one would have known anything nor would LE known a SO of victims in her age range lived that close because he registered at a different address.

We found bones on my land that look like a child's skeletal foot near the road side (misnomer here..."near" is 10 feet road clearance, another 10 feet of sloping brush and a 30 foot drop). We called LE, they took pics, had someone look at it and say "Nothing to see here." LEO that came to the call was visibly shaken, as was my husband...and both are convinced they are human remains. No one has ever told me what it could be, and it's not anything I can figure out but all I can do is mark where the bones were found, keep photos and not go into the area in case they happen to be something. Terrain is similar to what they are looking for and we found them by accident...we literally stumbled over them. Same property, opposite side no where near a road (a 20 acre plot is in front of the back 40 that isn't ours and 15 acres from where the bones were found) and I stumbled (literally, again) over the remains of a hunting blind no one had any clue was out there. Had I not been an experienced hiker, I could have been in a lot of trouble. I also had a 2 way radio, a personal beacon and a handgun and I am not 5 years old. I have found a cave, a cougar and her cub and fallen into more holes then I care to admit with more than a few I have had to climb out of...and I am not all that short, I'm 5'5". None of this was on a satellite image, drones didn't catch it and the old geological survey had none of this. And frankly, a few of these, you would have no idea I was in them if you had to search for me. Not sure you could find me quickly without safety equipment, honestly. Summer dropping off the face of the earth in this terrain is also not an improbability.

I am SO on the fence on this. Anything is possible. Lost and foul play can both be equally valid here.

Good morning! Today's searchers set out in a cooler start at 67 degrees. The high is expected to hit 85. It is a sunny day with no wind and no precipitation. The low tonight/early morning is forecast to be 59 degrees.
Texas Equusearch Midwest is taking today off but may return to work over the weekend.
Yesterday featured line searches of a field(s). Farmers baling hay are asked to "pay attention" and residents to again search their properties. If an owner is unable to do so, they should contact the Hawkins County Sheriff's office.

So for the abduction theory to work the "basement door" has to be "unlocked". For her to wonder off "the basement door" has to be "unlocked" Is this what happened and thats why it is sensitive, or, is it sensitive for some other reason?

For for thought.
We don't know what kind of lock was on the door. Perhaps just one that locked from the inside, in the knob. Any of the kids could have gone in and out that day - numerous times. I read it to mean that the first time they went into the basement looking for Summer, whoever it was realized the door was unlocked. She could have exited that way -- for whatever reason -- and not been required to go past them to vanish.

At this point in the investigation - 9, 10 days -- if it were our child, who among us wouldn't be crazy?
I am not sure I would be functioning at all! If I were I doubt my wheels wouldn't be spinning in the same direction.
Everyone handles stress differently and it seems to me that he is really trying to keep his faith in such a time that would make you question everything.

I just pray for Summer that wherever she is that God is with her.

We don't know what kind of lock was on the door. Perhaps just one that locked from the inside, in the knob. Any of the kids could have gone in and out that day - numerous times. I read it to mean that the first time they went into the basement looking for Summer, whoever it was realized the door was unlocked. She could have exited that way -- for whatever reason -- and not been required to go past them to vanish.

This is my thought. Normal exterior door that locks from the inside without a key or the outside with a key. So the kids can go from the inside out if it's locked or unlocked but obviously couldn't lock it behind them once out.

I still don't believe it's likely that someone came into the home to take Summer and think the unlocked door is more indicative of her leaving through it on her own. If someone took her, my opinion is it was someone she knew and that person never entered the home during the abduction.

I am wondering with so many kids in the house and the size of the house, exactly what the basement is used for. Is it a "normal basement" or a finished basement that has maybe a bedroom or family room situation down there(dad does drywall work and it was inherited so we dont know the conditions before they all moved in).
Could it lock from the outside and inside because the kids play, sleep, watch tv, etc down there and it's a double security measure. So many questions....

My whole issue with DW emphasizing that the basement door was unlocked is that, to my mind , it's not relevant. Let's look at 2 possible scenarios for her disappearance:

1. She wandered off and got lost in the woods, and the basement door was " unlocked ". So what ? Any 5 year old can unlock a door and go outside. Locked or unlocked, what difference does it make ?

2. She was abducted by someone, and the basement door was " unlocked ". Again...so what ? Mom says she and Grandma were outside planting flowers, 3 boys were upstairs , and to get to the house you have to traverse a long driveway. There were 5 people at home and this was broad daylight, so is DW suggesting that a complete stranger snuck up that driveway, entered the basement through the " unlocked " basement door , and whisked Summer away without anyone noticing anything ?

Even IF he is suggesting Summer left the basement, wandered down the driveway and was snatched at the road...what possible difference could it make if the basement door was locked or unlocked.

Why did DW feel the need to add that detail ? Repeatedly.

Last edited:
My whole issue with DW emphasizing that the basement door was unlocked is that, to my mind , it's not relevant. Let's look at 2 possible scenarios for her disappearance:

1. She wandered off and got lost in the woods, and the basement door was " unlocked ". So what ? Any 5 year old can unlock a door and go outside. Locked or unlocked, what difference does it make ?

2. She was abducted by someone, and the basement door was " unlocked ". Again...so what ? Mom says she and Grandma were outside planting flowers, 3 boys were upstairs , and to get to the house you have to traverse a long driveway. There were 5 people at home and this was broad daylight, so is DW suggesting that a complete stranger snuck up that driveway, entered the basement through the " unlocked " basement door , and whisked Summer away without anyone noticing anything ?

Even IF he is suggesting Summer left the basement, wandered down the driveway and was snatched at the road...what possible difference could it make if the basement door was locked or unlocked.

Doors. Doors. Doors.

If it was still locked, there's no way she could've gone out the door. It being unlocked opens up a ton of possible ways she could've left the home thru the door. If it was locked, none of those are in play.

If it was still locked, there's no way she could've gone out the door. It being unlocked opens up a ton of possible ways she could've left the home thru the door. If it was locked, none of those are in play.

If the door was locked, she would have had to have gone upstairs past the boys, or the mom ( since she says she entered the house not 2 minutes AFTER Summer did). Someone would have seen her. So again...what difference does it make if the door was locked or unlocked.

If the door was locked, she would have had to have gone upstairs past the boys, or the mom ( since she says she entered the house not 2 minutes AFTER Summer did). Someone would have seen her. So again...what difference does it make if the door was locked or unlocked.

If the door was locked when Summer went down to the basement, she could've unlocked it from the inside and walked through it, but she wouldn't have been able to lock it again behind her. If DW and CW had gone down there searching for her and the door was locked, it means she couldn't have exited thru that door. Unless she carried a basement door key around with her in her pocket and knew to lock it herself after she exited, there is no way she went through that door to leave the home. The fact that it was UNLOCKED means it is possible she exited through that door.

It's actually a huge deal because it's one of the only pieces of evidence there seems to be in this case re: how she exited the home.

I haven't seen that the location has been mentioned, I want to add it to the map but it needs to be confirmed to do that. I've spent a considerable amount of time looking myself for potential locations but the style of that Tik Tok video doesn't help.

If the location is mentioned anywhere in MSM please do tag me in the post. Thanks!
I have been waiting for it to be mentioned too. I have searched for anything on MSM, but nothing yet.
LE appears to know where it is as well. I hope it is okay to say that I actually saw heavy police presence there on Weds while walking. Although, I guess it is possible it could be unrelated.

We also assume the lock was in the door handle. Honestly, for all we know it was placed higher to keep littles from taking off. JMO

Fair enough. But why add that detail at all ? It just doesn't seem to have any relevance at all to me.

IMO it is hugely relevant because it tells us how she may have exited the home. Sounds like DW found it relevant too. Not sure why you don't find it relevant. Can you explain? <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been waiting for it to be mentioned too. I have searched for anything on MSM, but nothing yet.
LE appears to know where it is as well. I hope it is okay to say that I actually saw heavy police presence there on Weds while walking. Although, I guess it is possible it could be unrelated.

It was unrelated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member