GUILTY MN - George Floyd, 46, killed in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chauvin’s mother, Caroline Pawlenty, is now at the podium speaking on behalf of her family.

She says it’s been difficult to hear her son be described as heartless and racist. “None of these things are true and my son is a good man.”

https://twitter.com/anavilastra/status/1408503243605426178?s=21

Carolyn Pawlenty says she has always supported her son.

“When you sentence my son you will also be sentencing me..plus the fact that when he is released, his father and I will not be here.”

https://twitter.com/anavilastra/status/1408503744015306754?s=21

She’s now addressing her son directly saying her happiest day was when he was born. The second was when she pinned his police badge.

“Remember there is no stronger bond than a mother’s love.”

Was his mother for real? That she cannot see him or talk to him in prison??? What about George and his family. She has those chances.. THEY DO NOT! AND HER SON IS NOT INNOCENT

Sorry Mom but your words mean nothing to me about your Son. I am sorry she is a victim to her Son's actions.
Zero, she believes in his innocence!
That suggests she does not accept the verdict.
If she believes he is not guilty, that is what she just said, who does she believe killed George Floyd?

I’ve had trouble myself trying to fathom how even the best of Judges could try to set aside any preconceived notions about how they sentence they impose will be thought upon the world.

That is not me saying Judge Cahill cannot do that, but I think that dynamic - and all this literally on the world’s stage - is just a very interesting and profound paradigm.

it was a very odd plea from this mother...I guess from what I read about his mother leaving the home when he was young that he was not close to her but again not a clue about that private info. His statement with those emotionless eyes was awful...another insult. LIke he is giving a teaser of more to come?

Last edited:
Am i the only one feeling Nelson may have tried to get Chauvin’s mom to say something even remotely apologetic and express some sympathy? Her statement made me think even if he suggested that she ignored that, especially once she got to saying she will always believe in his innocence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member