Found Safe IA - Mackenzie Godden, 6, Denison, 25 June 2021

amandabanana

Reaction score
On Friday 06-25-21 at about 8:53 pm, the Crawford County Communications Center received a call about a missing girl from 129 Oak Ridge Drive. Law Enforcement responded and were advised that Mackenzie Godden also known as Kensie a white female approximately 6 years last seen wearing a maroon unicorn shirt and grey pants had walked away from her residence at about 7:00 pm. All of the Fire Departments in Crawford County responded to assist with the search as well as Crawford County EMA, Shelby County EMA, and the Crawford County Sheriff’s Office.

Mackenzie was not located during the search late into the night. Heavy searches will begin after daylight on Saturday 06-26-21. Any public members wishing to assist with the search should report to the parking lot at Crawford County Memorial Hospital at 10:00 am. Volunteers are asked not to search on their own. They will be directed to be a part of a search team by incident command.

Further information will be released as it becomes available.
The public information officer for this incident will be Greg Miller EMA Director. His contact number is 712-269-2422.

206993003-1997928533690758-4279257426607327227-n.jpg

Crawford County Emergency Management Facebook

KJAN Radio

KTIV News - This news story mistakenly reported that she is 4, but she is 6 years old.

Last edited:
I was just coming to see if a thread had been started yet. This is near local to me and my daughter is nearly the same age. My heart is hurting for her and her family.

After looking the area over on the map, it looks like maybe she lives in a townhome/duplex on the edge of town. Whether the fields are bean or corn, they shouldn’t be tall enough yet to really get lost in.

Hoping and praying for the best.

JUN 26, 2021
Search for missing Crawford County girl begins at 10-a.m. (6/26) « KJAN | Radio Atlantic, IA – AM 1220
Any public members wishing to assist with the search should report to the parking lot at Crawford County Memorial Hospital at 10:00 am. Volunteers are asked not to search on their own. They will be directed to be a part of a search team by incident command.

Crawford County officials searching for 6-year-old, community asked to volunteer | SiouxlandProud | Sioux City, IA | News, Weather, and Sports
The Division of Criminal Investigation is helping authorities search for a missing six-year-old girl.

CRAWFORD COUNTY GIRL REPORTED MISSING - KSCJ 1360
MACKENZIE GODDEN ALSO KNOWN AS KENSIE, WAS REPORTED MISSING FROM HER HOME AT 129 OAK RIDGE DRIVE. IN THE DENISON AREA AROUND 9 P.M. FRIDAY NIGHT.

129 Oak Ridge Dr - Google Maps

Nine RSOS in Kensie's neighborhood.

As always it doesn't account for those who haven't offended yet. Those passing through. Those not convicted.

Walking away? Prayers they find her safe today. All night missing?

With her age, I really have been scratching my head as to how she got lost. Had they recently moved in so she wasn’t familiar with the area? Did she fall/injure herself to be unable to answer? Even with all the fields surrounding our home, I’m almost certain my children would be able to find their way out and come back home, especially right now as the crops and grasses are not tall enough to lose your way in.

I'm so concerned about this beautiful little lady. IMO-it looks like she lives in a fairly new housing/business area. There are 2 ponds close by. However, if she went missing around 7:00 p.m. and it doesn't get dark until closer to 9:00 p.m. here in Iowa, I would really like to think she wouldn't just fall in one. :( There is a hotel and the hospital that are both so close. Fingers crossed they could have security footage of her if she went that way. I'm very concerned that it so close to a well traveled highway (strangers passing through could use the hotel). Also, she would have to cross that to get to the main business area (WalMart and restaurants, etc.). Somone would have to see her doing that at that time of night. IMO-she is either lost in a wooded area near her home or someone took her. I really hate to say that. Praying they find her soon.Google Maps

I'm so concerned about this beautiful little lady. IMO-it looks like she lives in a fairly new housing/business area. There are 2 ponds close by. However, if she went missing around 7:00 p.m. and it doesn't get dark until closer to 9:00 p.m. here in Iowa, I would really like to think she wouldn't just fall in one. :( There is a hotel and the hospital that are both so close. Fingers crossed they could have security footage of her if she went that way. I'm very concerned that it so close to a well traveled highway (strangers passing through could use the hotel). Also, she would have to cross that to get to the main business area (WalMart and restaurants, etc.). Somone would have to see her doing that at that time of night. IMO-she is either lost in a wooded area near her home or someone took her. I really hate to say that. Praying they find her soon.Google Maps

A hotel scares me too.

What would attract a four year old? Ice cream truck, playground which doesn't sound like there is one. Sadly a pond.

Friends. New friends. At that age I'd have crossed a major highway for friends. Anywhere there were other kids. Then again I was not to be trusted around that age.

Wondering what this little dolls personality is like? God let her be safe in a field somewhere.

It just stands out to me that at 7pm in a relatively populated area (hotels/hospitals/possible housing complex) that no one would notice a 6 year old wandering around? But like another person on this thread stated Denison, Iowa is like another planet to me.

Are there any locals who could tell us more about this area?

Yes - the hotel is the aspect in this story that scares me the most, please lord let this sweet, beautiful, innocent child come home safely.

@amandabanana can you tell us what kind of neighborhood it is? Rowhomes? Playgrounds nearby etc.

This neighborhood is very new and consists of a row of duplexes, a new hotel and a new restaurant. It is behind the hospital and across the highway there is a truckstop, grocery store and Walmart. There are no playgrounds nearby that I know of. This area of town is more on the "outskirts" of everything and the main hub of town is a little further south and east, mainly along highway 30 that goes through town.

This neighborhood is very new and consists of a row of duplexes, a new hotel and a new restaurant. It is behind the hospital and across the highway there is a truckstop, grocery store and Walmart. There are no playgrounds nearby that I know of. This area of town is more on the "outskirts" of everything and the main hub of town is a little further south and east, mainly along highway 30 that goes through town.

Thank you so much.

Duplexes worry me too.

This helps alot. So nobody saw Kensie. No neighbors?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back