AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
sbm

"I assume there are RSOs who, ignorantly, developed a relationship with an underage person,"

It's the responsibility of an adult to KNOW how old the person that they're having a relationship with is. The law doesn't recognize "ignorance."

Actually, the law does recognize ignorance. If it didn’t, cases for developmentally disabled offenders would be met with the same punishment as a person who isn’t developmentally disabled. But that’s a conversation for another day. And, apologies, when I use the term “ignorant” I don’t utilize it in the common way of degrading someone. I use it to represent unknowing, not having the facts, etc.

I have also personally observed cases in court where the underage person had items in their possession pointing to a person of age, such as a fake ID, items only a person of age can purchase, etc. The person of age being charged was ultimately, still found guilty for this reason or that. All is not what it seems as with any case.

I don't yet have much of an opinion on the truck mentioned.
I am still working on the theory the child wandered off and got lost.
I did a "virtual fly over" the area with google satellite, and well....it's clear how challenging this search is. LE pro's know what they are doing. Here are my thoughts on how to narrow the search area....

I think the best way to find her (if she is lost) is behavioral profiling. The best source of info are the siblings, but they will have to be gently coaxed; LE who interview children know all the best approaches with dolls, games, pets, etc. Children clam up in situations like this, thinking they will get in trouble for some perceived contribution to the child's missing status, so cleverness is required.

Here is what I would want to know as a starting point:
1. Where had the child roamed off to before and was reprimanded?
2. Does she have a friend near by (even older) that she would want to visit? (Get cookies from elderly neighbor, etc.)
3. Did she leave anything at school/pre-school she would want to retrieve or go look at?
4. Was there a store near by where she would want to go buy candy or treats?
5. Animals near by that she wanted to go see? I noticed there is a hay ride place fairly close by. Did she like going there to see the horses?
6. Where did she like to hide?
7. etc. etc. etc.

Most important, her siblings likely know what mischief she liked to get in to. They need to be queried again. That territory is really challenging. IF you've ever participated in a search, you know how hard it is to find people outdoors.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Ugh, I’m confused about looking for a vehicle possibly seen the day before Summer was reported missing. If the vehicle was seen only the day before, then why do we care? If the vehicle was seen both days, I can understand the rationale. But just one day, the day before? How would that fit?
You just never know who someone is, what they have seen or have done. And if it's not someone from that area, that may have made the person who gave the description to LE notice to start with. I wonder what the % is of people who drive in and out of hollows or down the roads less traveled randomly. Not a big percent I say based on living in a hollow for a few years.

I think abduction seemed so unlikely even to those of us on the outside, since it's such a quiet street / area, and nobody heard a car or saw anything happening. I fear they might've spent more resources searching the woods and interrogating the family and not as many resources on the seemingly outside chance that Summer was abducted.

I hear ya. On the other hand, if LE can't get a clear and concise account of events from family members who were there, then maybe they have a reason not to focus so much of their resources on pursuing an abduction scenario. I mean, they've said everything is on the table, so I just have to assume they follow any and all leads...wherever it takes them. I also can't help but wonder if, after 10 days , the manpower and resources devoted to the search is because they need to recover a body in order to charge anyone with anything.

I hate saying that.

It's a very precise description, I can't imagine it will take long to be sighted.
IF they had captured this truck on video, why wouldn’t they release it the image? You see videos released all the time trying to identify someone or a vehicle. I’m thinking this is an eye witness account. Locals must be racking their brains trying to remember anything, how mundane and reporting it. If I lived or drove on Beech Creek, I would be.

I've seen painters using those white buckets. When I lived in Massachusetts, people in my area at least, actually called them "painters' buckets." Tilers use them, too... but they wouldn't need a ladder.

But do painters know drywallers? Sure because the painter is waiting for the drywaller to finish at least part of their job so they can start their painting. There's a lot of overlap and waiting on someone else's job to be finished on construction jobs. Can't drywall rooms until the electrician is finished and so on. But, usually drywallers don't use ladders because they'd be climbing up and down the ladder all day long and the ladder would be leaning against the wall they're trying to work on. Drywallers usually use strap-on stilts but there's no reason a drywaller couldn't have a ladder on his truck... but I don't think he'd use it for a drywalling job.

In this case, it’s pretty sad that a scenario like that would be a good thing.

That case caught me completely off guard, and taught me a valuable lesson about " never say never ". I still think of poor Jayme and what life must be like for her now. :( Thank God she has a wonderful extended family to support her and help her heal.

IF they had captured this truck on video, why wouldn’t they release it the image? You see videos released all the time trying to identify someone or a vehicle. I’m thinking this is an eye witness account. Locals must be racking their brains trying to remember anything, how mundane and reporting it. If I lived or drove on Beech Creek, I would be.
Very true, you would imagine so.

If there is ladder rack, is it safe to assume it's someone who works in construction, painting, roofing, etc?

Should check craigslist and facebook to see if anyone in area selling a truck like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak