AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
i really don't know though. what does her pleading for her child over the media really DO for her child?
That’s really the most important thing a family member of a missing person can do. It keeps the public engaged, and can go a long way towards ultimately bringing about a resolution.

Someone may see something, or suddenly remember something they witnessed.

She may not be able to personally find her child, but she could help the people whose job it is to do that.

Does everyone remember when Sierra Lamar went missing? Her mom did interviews, engaged with the media , and got fried for it. It was really sad. She was very awkward, and a little emotionless. People completely jumped to the conclusion that she did something to her daughter. It was really Sad and even sadder when the truth came out. I always think of her and everything she went through when there's just not enough info. To lead one way or the other. I hope Summers mom is telling the truth. <modsnip> Whatever happened to Summer , I hope she's found soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, I'm floored at the traction her hair has gotten.
It makes me so sad, I had a "pixie cut" when I was her age. No one asked why or said I had lice or that I looked like a boy, they said it was cute.
Social media really brings out the cruelty, it inspires folks to gang up, going so low as to publicly criticise a little girl's hair.
Then when her mother is hurt by that ongoing criticism, out of her realm in an interview by press and <modsnip>, she goes on defense and it's the proof they needed that she hurt her child? Lol. Sure.
If I were her mom, I would stay silent, everything is proof of her guilt to those who already made up their minds.
I don't know what happened to Summer Moon, I don't have evidence to know, but I'm pretty sure whatever happened had nothing to do with her hairdo; be it family hiding abuse or accident, or walking away and getting lost and injured, or abduction by a stranger or someone she knew.
Thankfully, at least our justice system requires every jury to be instructed to start from a place of innocence for the defendant and the prosecutor must prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, so no one is judged by a hairdo or any other unconventional appearances.
To stick to facts though.
Summer didn't have a cute lil pixie cut.
She had a shaved head.

moo

I don't know what to think about that interview. Why would she have felt the need to walk Summer from grandma's house to the front porch of their house? They're on the same property, right? That seems unlikely to me.
People: Why wasn’t she watching her better?

Also people: She says she was walked her to her porch. Why would she do that when they’re on the same property?

Lol. These people might as well stay quiet and isolate themselves as much as possible, because nothing they say or so is going to be acceptable.

Mother of missing 5-year-old Summer Wells speaks on camera for first time | WKRN News 2 (videos at link)

“[Summer] was a tomboy,” [CB] said. “I shaved my head; she wanted to shave her head like me and the boys did.”

[DW] added on that Summer tried to shave her head herself.

“[Summer] tried to shave her head,” [DW] said. “I think you can see it in some of the pictures, and it was getting out of control, and we decided to shave her head off and let it grow back long. And [CB] shaved her head to — so [Summer] wouldn’t feel bad. And…but…it didn’t bother her.”
Candus shaved her head. Summer wanted her head shaved, too, and tried to shave it herself. Candus then shaved Summer’s head so she didn’t feel bad about the way it looked after trying to do it herself.

The way it’s quoted makes it sound like “Candus shaved (Candus’) head (also) so Summer wouldn’t feel bad” but what was meant was Candus shaved Summer’s head also so Summer wouldn’t feel bad.

Naturally 99% of people are tearing this quote apart saying her parents contradicted each other.

That’s really the most important thing a family member of a missing person can do. It keeps the public engaged, and can go a long way towards ultimately bringing about a resolution.

Someone may see something, or suddenly remember something they witnessed.

She may not be able to personally find her child, but she could help the people whose job it is to do that.
I've seen missing cases that were virtually ignored but public engagement doesn't seem lacking with this one.
Everytime the family speaks there is a barrage of of engagement on social media and none of it is about finding Summer.
I'm reminded of when the TBI lady spoke about the hundreds of tips they've recieved with the added caveat, we don't need you to call us to tell us about someone's opinion on social media, it's actually been a hindrance to the investigation. /Paraphrased

Candus shaved her head. Summer wanted her head shaved, too, and tried to shave it herself. Candus then shaved Summer’s head so she didn’t feel bad about the way it looked after trying to do it herself.

The way it’s quoted makes it sound like “ Candus shaved (Candus’) head (also) so Summer wouldn’t feel bad” but what was meant was Candus shaved Summer’s head also so Summer wouldn’t feel bad.

Naturally 99% of people are tearing this quote apart saying her parents contradicted each other.
god i love you for making sense of this. i haven't been able to listen or really read everything with much attention tonight but i know that most people just TEAR whatever they say apart. i remember before my head was shaved i cut it with scissors and it looked JACKED and i had to have it shaved so it could look better and i loved it!

god i love you for making sense of this. i haven't been able to listen or really read everything with much attention tonight but i know that most people just TEAR whatever they say apart. i remember before my head was shaved i cut it with scissors and it looked JACKED and i had to have it shaved so it could look better and i loved it!
<modsnip> Lol. I’m struggling hard with the way every single thing this family does is torn apart. Nothing they do is acceptable to the public. Talk more! Why are they talking so much? Why are they posting on social media? Why aren’t they posting more on social media? Why this, why that, alway contradicting whatever it was they wanted before.

But HER HAIR!

Honestly, the ONLY reason I care about her hair at all is because CW and DW can't even seem to talk about THAT without contradicting each other. She says she shaved her own head and Summer wanted to do the same, he says Summer shaved her head and CW shaved her head so Summer wouldn't feel so bad. It's a minute detail, sure , but it is a contradiction. So I can understand why LE might be having a hard time putting together a timeline that makes sense.

Now, can I see a reasonable explanation for why they might not be exactly forthcoming about the hair situation ? Absolutely. Stigma, embarrassment, maybe other issues that might have lead to CPS paying close attention to a lot of things. Maybe Summer just pitched a fit over having her hair brushed so they opted to shave it. Who the hell knows ? But for heaven sake...your kid is missing...just be straight about stupid minutia that doesn't matter or say, "Her hair doesn't matter so we're not going to get into that. " Pretty simple.

IMO

Last edited:

The way it’s quoted makes it sound like “Candus shaved (Candus’) head (also) so Summer wouldn’t feel bad” but what was meant was Candus shaved Summer’s head also so Summer wouldn’t feel bad.

<modsnip> DW is clearly saying that Candus ( he even points to her when he says " she ") shaved her head so Summer wouldn't feel bad.

But anyway, the larger point is that if these two can't give clear answers about a haircut , then that certainly might explain why LE is having such a hard time with this case.

Mother said, "I'm scared that somebody is hurting her and there's nothing I can do about it and it...it...it smothers me."

I have never heard "smothers me" used this way. Is this a common expression in the South or Tennessee?

I've heard this used within my family. My interpretation ... overwhelming feeling, panic, can't "catch my breath". I equated to a panic attack.

Don't hear as frequently today, but growing up a very common term.
Moo

First time checking sm for myself since the start of this case.

Yeah. No. :rolleyes:
Absolutely brutal.
First time checking sm for myself since the start of this case.

Yeah. No. :rolleyes:
I traveled down that road as well... Brutal, disrespectful, and inconsiderate words have been spoken about Summer and her family on SM. I broke down, realizing how hateful and flat out stupid people can be. I'm all about the first ammendment, but It's abhorrent how some folks ignorantly abuse it.

Mother said, "I'm scared that somebody is hurting her and there's nothing I can do about it and it...it...it smothers me."

I have never heard "smothers me" used this way. Is this a common expression in the South or Tennessee?
I am so glad you pointed this word choice out, and you even captured the speaker's hesitation which is indicative of the mind searching for a word, perhaps rejecting some, maybe blurring two together. <modsnip>

JMO I have never heard "smothers me" used that way either. The synonyms are frightening.

Why wouldn't she want to use words like "kills me"? And why would she want another word meaning "crushing her"?
Can you even imagine having a) your child missing, and b) knowing every single word you say (or don’t say) and every facial movement you make (or don’t make) will be scrutinized and debated by thousands of people…..

Can you even imagine having a) your child missing, and b) knowing every single word you say (or don’t say) and every facial movement you make (or don’t make) will be scrutinized and debated by thousands of people…..
Unless any member of the family has been named a POI by LE, they are indeed Victims. Thank you for your compassionate post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get