Found Safe MI - Valerie Villegas, 28, driving from Chicago to Canada, Kalamazoo Circle-K, 26 June 2021

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
Woman reported missing in Kalamazoo (fox17online.com)
Kalamazoo Public Safety officials are asking for information regarding the location of 28 year-old missing Kalamazoo resident, Valarie Villegas.
  • She is 5'6" tall and 125 pounds.
  • Valarie is a Latino woman with brown hair and blonde highlights, last seen wearing a Pink shirt with a black sweater tied around the waist
  • Her loved ones say she was driving from Chicago to Canada.
  • Her mother says she called from a stranger's phone saying she was at a Circle K with no money, no car and needed help.
If you have any information on her whereabouts, call Kalamazoo County Dispatch at (269) 488-8911 or call 911.

Woman reported missing in Kalamazoo (fox17online.com)
Kalamazoo Public Safety officials are asking for information regarding the location of 28 year-old missing Kalamazoo resident, Valarie Villegas.
  • She is 5'6" tall and 125 pounds.
  • Valarie is a Latino woman with brown hair and blonde highlights, last seen wearing a Pink shirt with a black sweater tied around the waist
  • Her loved ones say she was driving from Chicago to Canada.
  • Her mother says she called from a stranger's phone saying she was at a Circle K with no money, no car and needed help.
If you have any information on her whereabouts, call Kalamazoo County Dispatch at (269) 488-8911 or call 911.
What was she driving to Canada if she later had no car?
The border with Canada is closed, so she couldn't have gotten in unless she is a Canadian citizen.

54C1B6C4-5C9D-42AE-8856-0F90FDEC1BC4.jpeg 73B97BE4-1A97-4AB2-BEEB-B5216478CD1D.jpeg 3BBA5617-A130-47A5-923D-90336B23BEDC.jpeg

(snipped from article)

Valarie's family says she was driving from Chicago to Canada when she called her mother on Saturday, June 26, 2021. Her mother says Valerie called using a strangers phone and said that she was at a Kalamazoo area Circle K and did not have any money, car, or phone and needed help. That was the last time anyone has heard from her.

Valerie is described as a 28-year-old Latino woman, standing 5 feet and 6 inches tall, weighing 125 pounds, with brown hair that has blonde highlights, and brown eyes. She was last believed to be wearing a pink shirt with a black sweater tied around her waist.

Anyone with information on Valerie's whereabouts or disappearance is asked to call Kalamazoo County Dispatch at 269-488-8911 or call 911 if you believe it is an emergency.

Link
Woman Traveling from Chicago to Canada is Missing in Kalamazoo

What was she driving to Canada if she later had no car?
The border with Canada is closed, so she couldn't have gotten in unless she is a Canadian citizen.
I didn't think about the COVID closure, not realizing they'd extended the May 21st date of closure into July. She'd need a passport as well, if open. Note: I commented on this earlier - I think there are two threads for Valerie.

There was an unverified sighting of a woman who matches Valarie's description at the Portage Street Marathon in Kalamazoo on Monday, June 28 at around 6:00 p.m. The woman appears to enter a vehicle with an unknown heavy-set man who is pictured below. The two entered a blue vehicle.

attachment-6-29-Valerie-Villegas-5.jpg

Read More: Woman Traveling from Chicago to Canada is Missing in Kalamazoo | Woman Traveling from Chicago to Canada is Missing in Kalamazoo

I’m sorry, I didn’t realize there was already a thread for her. Could a mod please delete my old one?

I’m confused on the details as well. I’m not sure if she is Canadian or not. I was thinking the same thing about the boarders being closed due to Covid. I also did some digging on fb, and read that her car is actually in an impound lot. (Sorry if I’m not allowed to post that info, I will delete if necessary.) I also have a link to the post if it is required.

I found her personal fb as well but it’s pretty private so there’s not much there.

I have several friends in that area, shared it.

So many questions.

What happened to her car? Her phone, her purse? What else did she say during that conversation?

Where exactly was she sighted?

Her address on the website is in Illinois?!
Not a lot of pertinent info but I don't feel good about this.
She was travelling from Chicago to Canada, so it would make sense she lived in IL, imo.

Wonder why she was going to Canada and if she knew it was essentially closed unless she was a citizen? Looking at her website, she trained in IL.

Was she robbed? Or maybe she parked somewhere that she shouldn't have, not being familiar with the area, and her car got towed away with her phone and purse and everything inside it?

I wonder what the resolution was when she talked to her mother? Was her mother going to send her money or come pick her up? Why not call the police? I understand wanting to call your mom when you're having a crisis but she's in Chicago and you're in Michigan. The police probably would have taken her back to the station and helped her out.

There was an unverified sighting of a woman who matches Valarie's description at the Portage Street Marathon in Kalamazoo on Monday, June 28 at around 6:00 p.m. The woman appears to enter a vehicle with an unknown heavy-set man who is pictured below. The two entered a blue vehicle.

attachment-6-29-Valerie-Villegas-5.jpg

Read More: Woman Traveling from Chicago to Canada is Missing in Kalamazoo | Woman Traveling from Chicago to Canada is Missing in Kalamazoo
Location of unverified 6:00 p.m. sighting: PORTAGE STREET MARATHON - Google Maps

There are four Circle K's nearby: Circle k - Google Maps

What time was the phone call to her mother? Before or after 6 pm? If we knew that and which Circle K, we could guess at her direction of travel. Although the 6 pm sighting is unverified... MOO

ETA: Found the address of the Circle K in the article below.

After frantic phone call from Kalamazoo, woman traveling from Chicago to Canada missing | WTVB | 1590 AM · 95.5 FM | The Voice of Branch County (wtvbam.com)
Valerie Villegas had called her mother on Saturday, June 26 at the Circle K store located at 4117 Portage St.

MAP: 2006 Portage Street 6 pm unverified sighting to 4117 Portage Street where VV called her mother - Google Maps
1.7 miles / 3 minutes via car / 34 minutes on foot

Last edited:
She was travelling from Chicago to Canada, so it would make sense she lived in IL, imo.

Wonder why she was going to Canada and if she knew it was essentially closed unless she was a citizen? Looking at her website, she trained in IL.
Canada opens again on July 5, which is only a few days away. Perhaps she planned to stay in Michigan until the 5th?

What were her plans in Canada? Sightsee, visit someone?

jmo

I'm worried that because she is a very attractive young woman, and a hairstylist/stylist, she's been lured into a situation that was not what it appeared. I would imagine that lots of people in the fashion/style industry are really hurting from the Covid downturn and go full force to recover. Maybe a job opportunity?

All speculation.

I'm worried that because she is a very attractive young woman, and a hairstylist/stylist, she's been lured into a situation that was not what it appeared. I would imagine that lots of people in the fashion/style industry are really hurting from the Covid downturn and go full force to recover. Maybe a job opportunity?

All speculation.
Or fake job opportunity?

Her website says she does photo shoots. Could someone have "hired" her to do a photo shoot out of town?

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back