AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Summer needs to be found first. Then we can assign blame. Nothing is more important than the recovery of this poor child. She is somewhere. That somewhere needs to be found. Yesterday.

I haven't followed every post, but if the family thinks Summer was abducted, has there been a plea to the abductor to release Summer or at least tell where to find her if she is deceased? I would think that would be a focus, if abduction is what they think happened. Make a plea to one ounce of decency in the abductor to return a beloved daughter to her parents?

If she was abducted, you could get her back (or body back) because someone would know where she is. As a parent, I would desparately want that information.

Sometimes in cases there will be a plea to the public to notice a family member, co-worker, etc. who might have acted differently on or around the date of the crime, etc. Has that happened?

jmo
Not that I have heard. This is what I was hoping for when they put out the news report with Candus speaking for the first time.
Back to waiting and hoping for any news.

I wish the family had a spokesperson to assist in navigating social media postings and media interviews. <modsnip> Mom’s posting on tictok is not the same. <modsnip> I imagine the father is the better spoken of the two and that may be why he’s represented the family.
Unfortunately, many WS members believe a close associate of Summer is responsible for her being missing.

I feel so bad for Candus. This poor woman is being ripped to shreds everywhere. The focus should be on finding Summer but keyboard warriors everywhere are 100% convinced the parents are guilty, putting them on the defensive, and then using their defensive reactions to prove their guilt further. There are hundreds of examples of parents who've gone on camera and done everything right and been lying through their teeth. Chris Watts for example. And then of course many more examples of parents who've gone on camera, gotten ripped apart just like Candus, for not doing what YOU would do, and then been innocent.

Again, this poor woman. This poor family.

I'm SO glad I don't follow cases on social media. And SO thankful for the firm rules here.
<modsnip>

jmo

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so glad you pointed this word choice out, and you even captured the speaker's hesitation which is indicative of the mind searching for a word, perhaps rejecting some, maybe blurring two together. If my fingers were not so blue and numb from sitting on them, I would call Dr Freud on that one. All that thinking, and the word choice is ... smothers? :confused:

JMO I have never heard "smothers me" used that way either. The synonyms are frightening.
My family on my daddy’s side is backwoods Appalachia born and raised. Smothers is common in their vernacular when describing a situation in which you can’t breathe.

It would be handy to know exactly where CW had been that entire day.
Thoughts on the possibility a red tacoma followed her home??

<modsnip> I don't think from CW's interview she is aware of where the red truck tip comes from. So probably not.

moo

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread is open.

Posters are here out of care and compassion for Summer and in support of LE in determining what happened.
Bickering or arguing amongst Posters does not contribute to that cause. Judging the family negatively at this time does not contribute to that cause.

Please be respectful to your fellow posters.

As previously stated, I'm a local. And, since the day the vehicle description was provided, I've been keeping an eye out for that truck.

Over the last few days, I have seen a total of three Red/Maroon Tacomas that appeared to be the correct year...ish. None had ladder racks. None had buckets in the back.

Thing is... buckets can be removed. Ladder Racks can be removed. If the truck has been altered, someone like me would never know.

Someone who is aware of the truck prior to alterations would know.

If this case comes down to the truck, progress depends on that "someone" coming forward. The bigger the reward, the more likely that will happen.

So, maybe we should focus on the one thing that could bring closure to this case and consider donating to the fund.

Just a thought.

A predator grabbed her and drove away imo. Justice for Summer depends entirely on whether her neighbours have video footage of suspicious cars. I suspect Summer was murdered within two hours of her going missing. I pray and hope for an arrest soon. I believe police know more than they're letting on. My gut feeling is the parents are innocent.

Just watched the video interview with the parents. two things that struck me, that were discussed by the reporter after they aired the video of Candus and Don.

1) the explanation for Summer's haircut reminds me of my little sister, who had fine wispy hair that took forever to come in. My mom was devastated when sissy got hold of scissors and gave herself a haircut while hiding under the dining table. (I had a very short pixi cut at the time) She claimed a mouse had eaten her hair, all while holding the scissors still in her hand. My sister has since passed so that brought back a really fond memory for me and I can totally see Summer deciding she wanted a cut and just getting at it.

2) the clarification that Candus uses the last name of Wells and Bly. In this day and age of social media many females use the surname of their common law husbands, and some choose to stick with their maiden names, so the interchanging of Bly and Wells wasn't troubling to me. I see it a lot.

As to mom's affect on the videos, the word that comes to my mind is shell shocked.

I wonder why the news org opted to bleep out the name of the individual who was present during the Walgreens video of swim time at Warriors that Candus describes in one video clip. I can only assume LE has already spoken to the individual and that they would prefer that individual's name not be released on air. Maybe a minor, maybe cleared, and the station not wanting to get into trouble for naming a minor or cleared person? IKD. But with all the negative attention the immediate family is catching I can certainly see either or some combination of both could be the reasoning.
Mother of missing 5-year-old Summer Wells speaks on camera for first time | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

A predator grabbed her and drove away imo. Justice for Summer depends entirely on whether her neighbours have video footage of suspicious cars. I suspect Summer was murdered within two hours of her going missing. I pray and hope for an arrest soon. I believe police know more than they're letting on. My gut feeling is the parents are innocent.
I've flip-flopped daily on this case. However, my gut also says their hands are clean of the actual disappearance. Mom's interview had a lot of red flags for me. Her description of the timeline IMO, was refined after reading comments in social media. This is troubling and sort of controverts what has been seen on her own. But then again, she seems to care what people think of her (don't we all to some degree).

Clearly they know their own child and feel she would have never ventured far from the house on her own. With a BOLO for an unidentified truck out there, they are likely telling the truth. Summer was abducted, the truth is oftentimes stranger than fiction.

Just to point out I am now seeing even more new video clips on the news article with the interview.

I didn't see these last night, the new (to me) stuff starts here and continues to the end of the article:

"Bly revealed what led to a Tik-Tok video that shows Summer swimming in water — it was allegedly a video that was taken hours before the 5-year-old went missing."

"She also addressed a case that involves her missing sister."

Mother of missing 5-year-old Summer Wells speaks on camera for first time | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

Summer needs to be found first. Then we can assign blame. Nothing is more important than the recovery of this poor child. She is somewhere. That somewhere needs to be found. Yesterday.

I agree... however, figuring out what happened is how they go about finding her. They can't just search every square inch of the earth. They need direction. How many times have they not been able to find a missing person until they found the person responsible and that person led them to the missing person?

Mother said, "I'm scared that somebody is hurting her and there's nothing I can do about it and it...it...it smothers me."

I have never heard "smothers me" used this way. Is this a common expression in the South or Tennessee?

I'm from Arkansas and while I don't use that phrase regularly, I do hear it quite often.

Another one, that is similar, instead of saying "I got choked" is "I got strangled." I was a grown woman before I realized no one else used strangled in place of choked. :D

I've flip-flopped daily on this case. However, my gut also says their hands are clean of the actual disappearance. Mom's interview had a lot of red flags for me. Her description of the timeline IMO, was refined after reading comments in social media. This is troubling and sort of controverts what has been seen on her own. But then again, she seems to care what people think of her (don't we all to some degree).

Clearly they know their own child and feel she would have never ventured far from the house on her own. With a BOLO for an unidentified truck out there, they are likely telling the truth. Summer was abducted, the truth is oftentimes stranger than fiction.

I agree with what the parents say when they insist that Summer would never wander off into the woods by her house by herself. I think if that were not true, that search dogs would have found the evidence of her having done so by finding her scent in the woods that she'd left previously to the 15th of June. I've read that the search dog have found no trace of Summer on the family's surrounding acreage per MSM. Even the statement that the dogs followed Summer's scent down the driveway and then they stopped... was stated by the father and not MSM. ... And what dogs is he referring to? The family dogs? ... or the trained search dogs... we don't know. So, it seems to me that Summer was taken from the property in a vehicle or carried away. If so, I suspect a vehicle but I have no solid theory on who was driving it or carrying her.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member