Found Safe IA - Mackenzie Godden, 6, Denison, 25 June 2021

After you hug her tight, use that under the bed space for storage. LOL. Excellent news. Thank God.

Editing: My mind is working overtime. Why would she be under the bed for so long hiding? From what? She had to be hungry etc. IMO. So glad she is safe though. UGH.

I can totally see that. Runs outside to play, or maybe in a snit, maybe hiding while they call her or maybe went farther than she meant to. Then when more searchers show up, she thinks she's in trouble and sneaks back inside to hide.

Bless her. Bless her family.

Honestly in the first few posts I thought "this is the kind of kid wants to see what's up". I get that. No time waiting on my mom to deal with those underlings. Out I'd go. Until at the age of Kensie I crossed my street. No threat from a Highway Patrol dad or an exhausted mom stopped me. Until screeching tires, a man taken to hospital with heart problems cause he almost killed me. To this day I can see my mom's face. "Irish twins" under each arm.

Yep, I got the belt when my dad got home. I never, ever did it again. He told my mom "She can't be trusted. This is better than her dead".
He was right.

Maybe Kens fell asleep? Cause if I was getting called I'd be afraid of that belt. Little cutie. So glad she is safe, and belts land parents in jail. ***SORRY DAD***

Imagine Donna Reed's hometown. That's a pretty good description.
Love that description -- how many of us watched that show every week -- With Shelly Fabares and that handsome son, Jeff Stone played by Paul Petersen!
And how many of us have no idea who Donna Reed and "The Donna Reed Show" are!! :cool:..:)

Love that description -- how many of us watched that show every week -- With Shelly Fabares and that handsome son, Jeff Stone played by Paul Petersen!
And how many of us have no idea who Donna Reed and "The Donna Reed Show" are!! :cool:..:)
I watched Donna on Nick at Nite in the 80s!

OT, sorry: To answer your question, recently, I have gotten a sense of just how much knowledge of past pop culture has diminished in recent generations. As a child, I was familiar with the shows on TV during the 80s (Magnum, Miami Vice), the shows from the 70s that were in reruns (WKRP, Laverne & Shirley), and then the the oldies from the 50s and 60s (Donna, The Beaver). Nowadays, there is a whole genre of videos on Youtube where Millennials react to old pop culture they know almost nothing of. It's sad watching twentysomethings show their lack of knowledge of pop culture that I took for granted even as a child.

Good comments, @Copper -- it is a shame -- and equally so is the music of that generation.
And how many of the twentysomethings have never been read a Grimm's Fairy Tales story? Yes, some were scary, but it didn't keep me awake at night!
Oh, and who can forget Mary Poppins!!
Ahhh, some things (not all, certainly and without a doubt) were truly good in "the good ol' days/daze." :)

Yes, the world is changing faster than I like. We met The Kratt Brothers when my 27 year old was 4. They are still producing good children's television, but if I tell kids I've met them -- the kids are startled, as if Chris & Marty Kratt are animated characters!

What's the world coming too??? BTW I've seen Cheap Trick live, twice.

Also driven through Donna Reed's home town, the birthplace of John Wayne, and the birthplace of James Tiberius Kirk, and birthplace of half of my grandparents, all in Iowa.

Super glad that this little on is safe!

I watched Donna on Nick at Nite in the 80s!

OT, sorry: To answer your question, recently, I have gotten a sense of just how much knowledge of past pop culture has diminished in recent generations. As a child, I was familiar with the shows on TV during the 80s (Magnum, Miami Vice), the shows from the 70s that were in reruns (WKRP, Laverne & Shirley), and then the the oldies from the 50s and 60s (Donna, The Beaver). Nowadays, there is a whole genre of videos on Youtube where Millennials react to old pop culture they know almost nothing of. It's sad watching twentysomethings show their lack of knowledge of pop culture that I took for granted even as a child.
You can even take it back a decade or so earlier as well. How many kids who grew up in the eighties had decent exposure to Bugs Bunny Daffy Duck and the like? Those cartoons were chock full of pop culture allusions from the 30s and 40s. We may not have known what the references were to, but we soaked them up.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back