New weight-loss device locks mouth shut to prevent eating

TootsieFootsie

Reaction score
New Weight Loss Device Locks Mouth Shut To Prevent Eating

The DentalSlim Diet Control intra-oral device would be fitted to the upper and lower molars of the wearer by a dental professional.

The new gadget uses magnetic devices fitted with unique custom-manufactured locking bolts to keep the mouth of the wearer closed, preventing them from snacking.

However, the device does allow the wearer to open their mouth to breathe, speak and drink, facilitating a 2mm gap.

The device was created by researchers based at the University of Otago in New Zealand in conjunction with colleagues based in the UK.

Please know that what I'm going to say is a bit gross, but IMO a real concern with this procedure:

What if the person gets an upset stomach which leads to vomiting? SMH. I know this is a gross thought, but really, we've all had this to happen...
Damm.

Please know that what I'm going to say is a bit gross, but IMO a real concern with this procedure:

What if the person gets an upset stomach which leads to vomiting? SMH. I know this is a gross thought, but really, we've all had this to happen...
Damm.

No it is not gross. It would cause dental decay.

BTW how do you brush your teeth?

Would it be possible to smash up them Gaybars things from Australia and fit them in? I really want to try one of those.

Oh and how about "whiskey, wine, and gin"? As SRV sings about? How many empty drunk induced calories is that?

No it is not gross. It would cause dental decay.

BTW how do you brush your teeth?

Would it be possible to smash up them Gaybars things from Australia and fit them in? I really want to try one of those.

Oh and how about "whiskey, wine, and gin"? As SRV sings about? How many empty drunk induced calories is that?

What? Are you paraphrasing George Thorogood, of One Scotch, One Bourbon, One Be-e-e-er?

And, wiring jaws for weight loss has been around a while:

Maintenance of weight loss in obese patients after jaw wiring.

A friend of the family needed his jaw wired after a motorcycle accident.

After the cranial people removed the wires & brackets at the hospital, he drove directly to the dentist's office for a cleaning!

Magnets, no thanks.

What? Are you paraphrasing George Thorogood, of One Scotch, One Bourbon, One Be-e-e-er?

And, wiring jaws for weight loss has been around a while:

Maintenance of weight loss in obese patients after jaw wiring.

A friend of the family needed his jaw wired after a motorcycle accident.

After the cranial people removed the wires & brackets at the hospital, he drove directly to the dentist's office for a cleaning!

Magnets, no thanks.

Stevie Ray Vaughan "Tin Pan Alley" but today it's my shopping list. I jest.

How awful for friend of the family. It must be awful.

O.K. going to the Dollar Store for magnets.

Stevie Ray Vaughan "Tin Pan Alley" but today it's my shopping list. I jest.

How awful for friend of the family. It must be awful.

O.K. going to the Dollar Store for magnets.

OT, sorta, but with @Filly & I who knows?

Oh, Lordie, hold onto your hats people -- I have Stevie Ray Vaughn Live at Carnegie Hall in my hand right now.

Saw him live once. Yup.

Harmonic convergence? Twins separated at birth? Enquiring Minds Wanna Know!

Oh, Stevie Ray. The best. He stays in my car -- he's in my cd player at this very moment. The heavens are brighter with him there, but we sure need him down here, too! SRV.

Hahahaha. Thanks for making me laugh.

Not eating BTW is very bad if you want to lose weight. You have to keep "the machine" going, so to say, but with healthy and less food. Otherwise you body "thinks"....héeee no food! Let's hold on to the fat reserves.:D

Not to mention the production of stress hormones when you lips are shut.....:p

Hahahaha. Thanks for making me laugh.

Not eating BTW is very bad if you want to lose weight. You have to keep "the machine" going, so to say, but with healthy and less food. Otherwise you body "thinks"....héeee no food! Let's hold on to the fat reserves.:D

Not to mention the production of stress hormones when you lips are shut.....:p
Probably the intent is for liquid nutrition that provides the proper calories and nutrition.

I have known a few morbidly obese patients who have gone on a 100% liquid nutrition diet for weight loss. It definitely works, if they can stick to it and not cheat with any solid food.

Probably the intent is for liquid nutrition that provides the proper calories and nutrition.

I have known a few morbidly obese patients who have gone on a 100% liquid nutrition diet for weight loss. It definitely works, if they can stick to it and not cheat with any solid food.

I can see that...of course....It's my way of expressing humor. ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galesr
Back