Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Sept & Oct 2019 *Arrests* #60

Status
Not open for further replies.
My predictions for future JMO
Prior defense is it was all Lori and Alex. Chad seduced by Lori and they killed Tammy..look what they did to Charles and harassed her other husband.
Prior will have Chad divorce her quickly..
And well Means will just be in hospital with Lori.. JMO

Luck of the draw. Usually there is a treatment plan for moving towards competence. Then, if the client is non compliant with the plan, that merits further remediation. Noncompliance is the norm. At that point, there is a usually a determination of competence, because the patient is competent enough to be non-compliant.
Excellent logic.
ETA...Great news about the indictment.
ETA...And, Lori has been moved.

Last edited:

BREAKING: Lori Vallow is indicted by a grand jury in Maricopa County, charged with conspiracy to commit murder in the death of her former husband Charles Vallow. Here is the indictment filed in court, it says Lori Vallow agreed with her brother Alex Cox that at least one of them or another would engage in first degree murder.

Yessssss!

IANAL but the vineline notification lists this as a "status conference" so I assumed that had more to do with the "case" upcoming timeline for the court. I know LVD's competency issues have put a hold on the case but IIRC there are court requirements for status conferences every 90(?) days or so.
Has the court officially declared Lori incompetent yet or just postponed all other hearings until one can be held addressing whether she has the capacity to stand trial? As someone posted earlier, competency is determined by psychologists/doctors but capacity is a matter determined by the court.

Would we know in advance if the hearing scheduled for Thursday is being held to address her capacity?

A spokeswoman for the Maricopa County Attorney's Office tells us Daybell's Idaho case will run its course before the Arizona case moves forward.
https://twitter.com/natenewsnow/status/1409999598832078855?s=21
That should give MM enough time to study for, take and retake the AZ bar exam.

ETA: if AZ judge has been paying attention I expect they may be reluctant to grant MM courtesy co-counsel status. Becoming a member of the AZ bar may be his only avenue to continue spending all day, every day with his favorite client.

Last edited:
Ok

BREAKING: Lori Vallow is indicted by a grand jury in Maricopa County, charged with conspiracy to commit murder in the death of her former husband Charles Vallow. Here is the indictment filed in court, it says Lori Vallow agreed with her brother Alex Cox that at least one of them or another would engage in first degree murder.

Thank you Lord! Prayers answered.

That should give MM enough time to study for, take and retake the AZ bar exam.

ETA: if AZ judge has been paying attention I expect they may be reluctant to grant MM courtesy co-counsel status. Becoming a member of the AZ bar may be his only avenue to continue spending all day, every day with his favorite client.
Well he is the blue eyed baby after all...wonder if the judge will recognize him as such.

This is interesting. The article is about Restoration of Competancy and is used in Maricopa County - Restoration to Competency program in Maricopa County courts faces scrutiny

I wonder whether if and when LV gets to stand trial, she will try again?

The article is interesting. And pretty much sums up the conundrum of "Competence'. In addition, 99% of the time, there will be no consensus regarding "Competence" from defense and prosecution "experts". This happens all of the time. That is where the judge decides. And of course, defense attorneys believe that judges are biased.

I do not think judges are biased. If anything, many judges are more inclined to give defendants plenty of time for assessment. If they can bring forth empirical evidence that they are not competent, judges will go with this.

This is good news, indeed. I'm tickled to hear that Arizona will wait until Idaho is done before they begin prosecuting. May neither Lori nor Chad ever know another moment's peace for the rest of their days.

Cathy Russon [URL='https://twitter.com/cathyrusson']@cathyrusson [/URL]8m
I spoke to criminal defense attorney Jason Lamm @PhxCriminalAtty
who told me what is likely to happen is Arizona won't go any further until #LoriVallowDaybell's Idaho charges have resolved. Meaning, once/if she is fit to stand trial, she'll go through the cases in Idaho first.
Quote Tweet

Law & Crime @lawcrimenews 43m
Lori Vallow Daybell Indicted in Arizona Murder of Fourth Husband Charles Vallow Lori Vallow Daybell Indicted in Arizona Murder of Fourth Husband Charles Vallow | Law & Crime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77