Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the footbridge the one over the railway line that runs parallel to Westfield Road? If so, it's not far from where BW's phone was used to text SaW's phone near the prison at 3.33pm on the 19th. Were they (he) trying to make out BW was staying at a location somewhere in the Westwood area? The footbridge and Westwood doesn't match up at all with what they told police had happened on the journey home.
If she's trying to explain why they might be able to place him near the lock-up, she might mean the footbridge over the A15 at the end of Willesden Avenue (near Montagu Rd) which then passes under the A47 and then up over the A15 again on the other side, towards Westwood. As he was driving afterwards.

I got the feeling Westwood might be near her ex-boyfriend's home, but it's purely a guess.

From the article above…

Ms Walker said: "She said Scott had recorded her getting changed but I know he had broken his phone.“

So now he’s filming the missing girl and the police have allowed him to delete files from his phone?

also there’s no bridge on his route heading towards Westwood. It sounds like they are building up a story she fled towards the prison, but that’s nowhere near skaters way.

TBH the conversation about Bea being recorded wouldn't have been known to the police at this point I think.

There is a footbridge over the railway at the end of Dukesmead (ScW parents house where he was picking B up) and one further along Lincoln Rd on the way back to Century Square. They both come out in Bretton though the southerly one comes out close to the Westwood/Ravesnthorpe (about 5 minutes walk absolute tops) area and could easily be described as "towards Westwood"

The issue I have is that Century Square is in the opposite direction of Mcdonalds at Esso and on the way home is a Macdonalds on Lincoln Rd (at Morrisons) that is closer and in the right direction.
Someone has mentioned Skaters Ave which again is in another direction.

Map showing footbridge at Dukesmead
Google Maps

Map showing Dukesmead to Century Square
Google Maps

Map showing Dukemead to Esso Mcdonalds
Google Maps

Map showing Dukemead to Morrisons Madonalds
Google Maps

It is between these two points that the second footbridge can be found, it comes out at the Europol pont on the map.

From the article above…

Ms Walker said: "She said Scott had recorded her getting changed but I know he had broken his phone.“

So now he’s filming the missing girl and the police have allowed him to delete files from his phone?

also there’s no bridge on his route heading towards Westwood. It sounds like they are building up a story she fled towards the prison, but that’s nowhere near skaters way.

TBH the conversation about Bea being recorded wouldn't have been known to the police at this point I think.

There is a footbridge over the railway at the end of Dukesmead (ScW parents house where he was picking B up) and one further along Lincoln Rd on the way back to Century Square. They both come out in Bretton though the southerly one comes out close to the Westwood/Ravesnthorpe (about 5 minutes walk absolute tops) area and could easily be described as "towards Westwood"

The issue I have is that Century Square is in the opposite direction of Mcdonalds at Esso and on the way home is a Macdonalds on Lincoln Rd (at Morrisons) that is closer and in the right direction.

Google Maps

Google Maps

Google Maps

Google Maps

It is between these two points that the second footbridge can be found, it comes out at the Europol pont on the map.

Oh and a map of Dukesmead to Skaters way, though i'm unsure as to why this keeps coming up as its not on the way to any of the other places and i cant figure out why he's supposedly there.

Google Maps

If she's trying to explain why they might be able to place him near the lock-up, she might mean the footbridge over the A15 at the end of Willesden Avenue (near Montagu Rd) which then passes under the A47 and then up over the A15 again on the other side, towards Westwood. As he was driving afterwards.

I got the feeling Westwood might be near her ex-boyfriend's home, but it's purely a guess.
That is a much better fit with the earlier locations but that footbridge doesn't necessarily lead to Westwood although in direction you could say heading towards. There's a large area of retail on both side of the railway line between it and Westwood. I would imagine quite a bit of CCTV as well.

From Tortoise's timeline

11:06am – ScW set off from Dukesmead, Werrington ‘to drive BW back to Century Sq.’ ScW’s parents said goodbye to BW and that was the last sighting of her by anyone other than ScW. (Weeks later, on Sep 8th, he would tell police “he had picked BW up, and made his way home. He wanted to go to McDonalds, but she didn’t want to. He wanted to confront BW over the allegations, so he pulled over to a grass verge to roll a cigarette.

Once you leave Dukemead there are no grass verges on the route to Century Square or the Morrisons Mcdonalds, its all dual carriageway built up urban area.
There would be grass verges going to the Esso Mcdonalds but thats because its now rural (still dual Carriageway mind) and there are no avenues.
There would also be some grass verges in Gunthorpe or East Werrington and maybe some Aves but its now completely miles in the opposite direction of Westwood and any bridges crossing the railway.

Any piece of his information would make sense but all together? and not remembering where or being able to take the police to the location you supposedly saw your daughter for the last time? This is Peterborough, its a very small city thats fairly open, its not the Minotaurs Maze!

Google Maps

Google Maps

Google Maps

Google Maps

If it were the Dukesmead footbridge wouldn't it be more accurate and more natural to say heading towards Bretton as they had lived there previously, rather than the further away Westwood?

Aslo if Skater's Way became their public story for her running off, that's no where near a route home to Century Square from Dukesmead.

It would be useful to have a map with every location labelled.

Last edited:
From Tortoise's timeline

11:06am – ScW set off from Dukesmead, Werrington ‘to drive BW back to Century Sq.’ ScW’s parents said goodbye to BW and that was the last sighting of her by anyone other than ScW. (Weeks later, on Sep 8th, he would tell police “he had picked BW up, and made his way home. He wanted to go to McDonalds, but she didn’t want to. He wanted to confront BW over the allegations, so he pulled over to a grass verge to roll a cigarette.

Once you leave Dukemead there are no grass verges on the route to Century Square or the Morrisons Mcdonalds, its all dual carriageway built up urban area.
There would be grass verges going to the Esso Mcdonalds but thats because its now rural (still dual Carriageway mind) and there are no avenues.
There would also be some grass verges in Gunthorpe or East Werrington and maybe some Aves but its now completely miles in the opposite direction of Westwood and any bridges crossing the railway.

Any piece of his information would make sense but all together? and not remembering where or being able to take the police to the location you supposedly saw your daughter for the last time? This is Peterborough, its a very small city thats fairly open, its not the Minotaurs Maze!
I agree. ScW lived and worked all his life in and around Peterborough. Even had his own property maintenance business. He would know exactly where he last saw his daughter and would be able to take Police back to the actual spot in the hope that it would help Police find her. They never were in Skater's Way so naturally no-one saw where she went from there. It's a pity they weren't asked to make a public appeal on camera. It would have made for interesting viewing.

From the BBC article - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-57665993

Ms Walker said: "She said Scott had recorded her getting changed but I know he had broken his phone.

"I said she was a liar and that she should go to her grandparents for some breathing space.

"I told her I loved her three times at the door. She was crying and put her arms around me."
-----

So she's outrageously underplaying what Bee told her, and because she knows the grandparents and others will have told the police by that stage that Sarah's stance was that Bee was lying she had to give an explanation for not believing her. Because she knows they will want to know why she said that to Bee, and it doesn't sound like a mother's response. The best she could come up with was that Scott's phone was broken.

Was it broken for 7 years dearie? Caught lying again.

How pathetic. I'm glad they were able to recover Bee's real texts.

And as for telling Bee she loved her, I think that's all nonsense and she is presenting the mother she wishes she was. Fun fact of the day - 3 is known as the liar's number in deception detection.

MOO

I'm sure that when the defence has their turn, there'll be many people wavering and saying 'I'm not sure the prosecution have done enough' and when the jury is deliberating, there will be much angst and 'beyond reasonable doubt' discussion ...

I'm saying it now and I'll say it then too ...

If it walks like a duck & quacks like a duck - it's a duck.

A 17 year old introvert has disappeared into thin air after speaking out about years of sexual abuse and rape then mum sends rapist to collect her, alone??? - No one saw her running away from Scott's car, she didn't go to a friends or contact a sibling for help - not caught on CCTV - no clothes or money or phone or endless supply of masks - in a pandemic where we were in some form of lockdown ... no one saw her ... I really don't believe it's that easy to disappear voluntarily, even more so during a pandemic and I don't believe that she would leave her siblings and friends in this much distress.

Add to that the timeline made by @Tortoise - the parents going back and forth to a lockup, midnight drives with phones switched off?

Not to mention the sending of messages pretending to be Bernadette!

Could we dream up any explanation for any of it? Yes of course, but ALL of it? ...

Beyond reasonable REALISTIC doubt.

If he, THEY had a shred of human decency, they'd admit what happened and let her siblings have a grave and the chance to grieve and heal ... but, I think that would take courage and child killers aren't courageous, they're cowards.

Google Maps

Google Maps

Google Maps

Google Maps

The Wedgwood Way / Marholm Road footbridge near Europol is closed at the moment. Seemingly in a state of disrepair. I couldn't tell you whether it was open last July though.

Code:
<iframe src="https://widgets.scribblemaps.com/sm/?d=true&z=true&l=true&id=k05T7jozzR&s" allow="geolocation" allowfullscreen width="720" height="550" frameborder="0" title="Bernadette Walker" loading="lazy" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm in the middle of updating, got to add the new places but heres the map I had posted before. New to this so forgive me as I'm trying to make it go as smoothly as possible so let me know if you guys have any suggestions!
Bernadette Walker
Thanks for that. It's a great help. Well done.

First use of the map and I notice that my area of particular interest re a burial location, north of Uldale Way and off Drain Road, is exactly mid way betweem the searches on the 1st and 5th October.

As a local, the only bridge I could say was heading towards Westwood is by the old toys r us store. Surely all the others you would say towards Bretton…the bigger area and the place they actually used to live! I mean it’s a small detail in a very unbelievable story, but on my mind there’s no conceivable place he could pull over between the two houses that could see her running away from a grass verge down an alley and heading towards a bridge that headed towards Westwood. The reason it can’t be found is because it doesn’t exist

As a local, the only bridge I could say was heading towards Westwood is by the old toys r us store. Surely all the others you would say towards Bretton…the bigger area and the place they actually used to live! I mean it’s a small detail in a very unbelievable story, but on my mind there’s no conceivable place he could pull over between the two houses that could see her running away from a grass verge down an alley and heading towards a bridge that headed towards Westwood. The reason it can’t be found is because it doesn’t exist

Grass verges and alley ways in Bretton is much more likely… o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member