GA GA - Allyson Rebecca Romedy, 43, Rincon, 28 Feb 2002

watcher9

Reaction score
Found several threads that mentioned Allyson but wanted to give her a thread of her own.

From old post (#6) by Tybee204 Feb 2 2005 - GA - GA - Chatham Co., Human Remains in woods, Jan'05

Allyson Romedy, 43, has been missing from the area since 2002.

Romedy, then 43, went missing from her Weisenbaker Place apartment on Feb. 28, 2002, according to Rincon police. Her daughter, then 10, was sleeping in their home when she disappeared, said Romedy's sister Jennifer Johnston.

Family members found the woman's car the next day in a nearby parking lot - but nothing else, Johnston said.

Police said they suspect foul play.

Johnston and her mother, Becki Becton, have spent the past two years helping police search for their lost family member. Almost every day they've driven to Effingham County from their Millen homes to seek answers.

Medium show on A & E

GA - GA - Chatham Co., Human Remains in woods, Jan'05

Identified! - GA - Bryan Co., Human remains in woods, Nov'07 - Roy Barbaris

Rincon woman tucked her daughter into bed and disappeared. That was 17 years ago

Missing Persons: Allyson Romedy

Allyson Rebecca Romedy – The Charley Project

Missing & Homeless

Mother Says False Reports Hurt Search for Missing Daughter

We have had another gruesome discovery in our area. Human remains (skeletal) were found last Friday afternoon in a wooded area near our home.

The police haven’t identified who the remains belong to but I started wondering if they could be related to the Allyson Romedy case almost immediately.

The reports say it may take months to identifying the remains.

Police report: Rib cage, skull found in Effingham human remains case

May take months to identify, find cause of death for Effingham Co. skeletal remains

ECSO, GBI investigating after human remains found off Highway 30

We have had another gruesome discovery in our area. Human remains (skeletal) were found last Friday afternoon in a wooded area near our home.

The police haven’t identified who the remains belong to but I started wondering if they could be related to the Allyson Romedy case almost immediately.

The reports say it may take months to identifying the remains.

Police report: Rib cage, skull found in Effingham human remains case

May take months to identify, find cause of death for Effingham Co. skeletal remains

ECSO, GBI investigating after human remains found off Highway 30

Your instincts could be right, especially with the pink shirt. I wonder if they have Allyson's DNA on file?

Did you call it in?

A little info from Ancestry

Name: Allyson Rebecca Lunsford[Allyson Lunsford Becton][Allyson Romedy]
Race: White
Birth Date: 26 Oct 1958
Birth Place: Austell, Georgia[Austell Cobb, Georgia]
Death Date: 1 Mar 2002
SSN: 257117714
Death Certificate Number: 066599
Notes: 02 Nov 1972: Name listed as ALLYSON REBECCA LUNSFORD; 24 Dec 1975: Name listed as ALLYSON LUNSFORD BECTON; 27 Mar 1990: Name listed as ALLYSON LUNSFORD ROMEDY; 12 May 2007: Name listed as ALLYSON L ROMEDY

She married and had a son in 1975 age 16, tragically he died the same year (after she had disappeared) in a accident.
Don’t know when she married Romedy.

A little info from Ancestry

Name: Allyson Rebecca Lunsford[Allyson Lunsford Becton][Allyson Romedy]
Race: White
Birth Date: 26 Oct 1958
Birth Place: Austell, Georgia[Austell Cobb, Georgia]
Death Date: 1 Mar 2002
SSN: 257117714
Death Certificate Number: 066599
Notes: 02 Nov 1972: Name listed as ALLYSON REBECCA LUNSFORD; 24 Dec 1975: Name listed as ALLYSON LUNSFORD BECTON; 27 Mar 1990: Name listed as ALLYSON LUNSFORD ROMEDY; 12 May 2007: Name listed as ALLYSON L ROMEDY

She married and had a son in 1975 age 16, tragically he died the same year (after she had disappeared) in a accident.
Don’t know when she married Romedy.

I wonder when/how the death certificate was issued?

RINCON, Ga. (WTOC) - The case of a missing Rincon woman hits a tragic milestone Monday as a family still waits to learn what happened to their loved one.

As her family fights to keep up their hope for answers, Rincon Police say they believe they may be close to breaking the case.

For the last two decades, a missing poster has hung in the lobby of the Rincon Police Department. On it, there’s a picture of Allyson Romedy.

More at 20 years since Rincon woman disappeared

20 years later, Rincon police still seeking answers on woman who disappeared without a trace
RSBM

Detective Lee Chadwick of the Rincon Police Department has been digging into the case, looking for leads and hoping someone with any information will come forward.

“When I looked over the case, I saw some things that stood out,” said Chadwick. “Her car was found not even half a mile from where she lived. The car was cleaned and with it being found that close to her home, it does not make sense.”

Chadwick said close proximity to the back woods makes it easy to dispose a body. “It’s not that hard,” said Chadwick. “You could do it in your backyard, especially around here.”

He went on to say it has been difficult to solve her disappearance when there is little-to-no evidence and so much time has passed. He will have to rely on his detective work and getting a full confession, a task he thinks he can accomplish.

"If it was an accident, you have hidden it for 20 years,” said Chadwick. “There are consequences that have to be paid somehow. With me coming in and having no knowledge of it at all, it makes things interesting. At one point, I thought I had a reliable tip, so much so that we went out there with shovels and a backhoe and nothing came of it. I have someone in mind, it’s just a matter of trying to find the evidence and that is going to be extremely difficult.”

Lunsford does not think anyone intended to hurt her sister.

“The police, GBI and us have speculated who we thought it was but we don’t think it was anything premeditated,” said Lunsford. “We just think something went wrong.”

With years of experience under his belt, Chadwick is confident his gut feeling is leading him in the right direction.

“I have theories,” said Chadwick. “In my heart, I know I’m right. But whoever did it needs to do the right thing. It’s a decent thing to do. This family has gone without a sister and a mom and a cousin and whatever else. They shouldn’t have to go through that.”

As Jennifer Lunsford and Allyson Romedy tilled the soil in their grandmother’s garden, the youngsters talked about their future. Those conversations around the vegetable patch made gardening feel less tedious.

A hard day’s work was followed by jokes and laughter in their mother’s kitchen, which continued into their adult life. Romedy was the life of the party and never kept a straight face. Lunsford thought they would grow old together as siblings. She savored her relationship with her sister.

But in 2002, Romedy went missing. She vanished from her apartment at Weisenbaker Place in Rincon after she tucked her daughter into bed.

Lunsford thought the investigation into her sister’s disappearance would be short-lived. Early on, her mother did not think anything was wrong. She assumed Romedy was out with a friend.

But Romedy did not show up for work. Her boyfriend at the time reported her missing the next day. 20 years later, her body has never been found. The family observed the 20th anniversary of Romedy’s disappearance this year.

Two decades later, there are still more questions than answers.

Lunsford and Romedy were practically joined at the hip. The sisters spent many days at their grandma’s house, played pranks on their mom and shared the same friends.

“We grew up hanging out with my granny,” said Lunsford. “She kept us after school and when summer was out. Our life revolved around her. We went to church, which was right up the road. We were involved in church activities and then youth group.”

I loved her more than life itself':Ellabell man remembers wife killed in Bryan County tornado

They knew how to push their momma’s buttons too. Lunsford said for fun, the two would pester their mom with bad words. “She didn’t like crude language,” said Lunsford. “But we said, ‘hey we are grown now so we can say what we want.’ We would say things to get her going. My momma was Baptist and she didn’t like foul language.”

Being 11-months apart, the sisters built a lifetime of memories together.
More at link:

As Jennifer Lunsford and Allyson Romedy tilled the soil in their grandmother’s garden, the youngsters talked about their future. Those conversations around the vegetable patch made gardening feel less tedious.

A hard day’s work was followed by jokes and laughter in their mother’s kitchen, which continued into their adult life. Romedy was the life of the party and never kept a straight face. Lunsford thought they would grow old together as siblings. She savored her relationship with her sister.

But in 2002, Romedy went missing. She vanished from her apartment at Weisenbaker Place in Rincon after she tucked her daughter into bed.

Lunsford thought the investigation into her sister’s disappearance would be short-lived. Early on, her mother did not think anything was wrong. She assumed Romedy was out with a friend.

But Romedy did not show up for work. Her boyfriend at the time reported her missing the next day. 20 years later, her body has never been found. The family observed the 20th anniversary of Romedy’s disappearance this year.

Two decades later, there are still more questions than answers.

Lunsford and Romedy were practically joined at the hip. The sisters spent many days at their grandma’s house, played pranks on their mom and shared the same friends.

“We grew up hanging out with my granny,” said Lunsford. “She kept us after school and when summer was out. Our life revolved around her. We went to church, which was right up the road. We were involved in church activities and then youth group.”

I loved her more than life itself':
Ellabell man remembers wife killed in Bryan County tornado

They knew how to push their momma’s buttons too. Lunsford said for fun, the two would pester their mom with bad words. “She didn’t like crude language,” said Lunsford. “But we said, ‘hey we are grown now so we can say what we want.’ We would say things to get her going. My momma was Baptist and she didn’t like foul language.”

Being 11-months apart, the sisters built a lifetime of memories together.
More at link:
BBM. FYI.
This imbedded link about the tornado tragedy is not connected to this case. It happened in the next county over.

Allyson Romedy tucked her daughter into bed at the apartment the single mother and her 10-year-old child shared in southeast Georgia. It was the last time her family saw her.

Her car was found not even half a mile from where she lived.," Chadwick told the Savannah Morning News. "The car was cleaned and with it being found that close to her home, it does not make sense.”

The missing woman's sister, Jennifer Lunsford, said Romedy was often the life of the party and rarely kept a straight face.
Lunsford said her parents initially assumed Romedy was just out with a friend when she was first reported missing.

“Momma called and said she had been contacted by Allyson’s best friend saying she did not show up for work,” Lunsford said. “Her friend was listed as an emergency contact at work. At first, my parents weren’t too concerned because they just figured she just went somewhere.”

The her car was found with no sign of Romedy. The family spent days helping police search, but came away empty handed. Lunsford said they soon had to move on. She had her own two children to care for, and their mother had a job she needed to return to.
Whatever happened to her sister, Lunsford said, she doesn't believe anyone hurt her intentionally.

“The police, GBI and us have speculated who we thought it was but we don’t think it was anything premeditated,” Lunsford said. “We just think something went wrong.”

Chadwick, who didn't investigate the case initially, said he's been taking a fresh look at Romedy's disappearance and hoping some new information comes to light. The best thing, he said, would be for anyone who knows what happened to Romedy to come forward.
“If it was an accident, you have hidden it for 20 years,” Chadwick said. “There are consequences that have to be paid somehow. "

Allyson Romedy tucked her daughter into bed at the apartment the single mother and her 10-year-old child shared in southeast Georgia. It was the last time her family saw her.

That was Feb. 28, 2002, and police in Rincon are still seeking answers to the woman’s disappearance two decades later. Police Detective Lee Chadwick said little evidence was found, and what police managed to piece to together was baffling.

Her car was found not even half a mile from where she lived.," Chadwick told the Savannah Morning News. "The car was cleaned and with it being found that close to her home, it does not make sense."

The missing woman’s sister, Jennifer Lunsford, said Romedy was often the life of the party and rarely kept a straight face.

Lunsford said her parents initially assumed Romedy was just out with a friend when she was first reported missing.

"Momma called and said she had been contacted by Allyson’s best friend saying she did not show up for work," Lunsford said. "Her friend was listed as an emergency contact at work. At first, my parents weren’t too concerned because they just figured she just went somewhere."

The her car was found with no sign of Romedy. The family spent days helping police search, but came away empty handed. Lunsford said they soon had to move on. She had her own two children to care for, and their mother had a job she needed to return to.

Whatever happened to her sister, Lunsford said, she doesn’t believe anyone hurt her intentionally.

"The police, GBI and us have speculated who we thought it was but we don’t think it was anything premeditated," Lunsford said. "We just think something went wrong."

Romedy did not show up for work. Her boyfriend at the time reported her missing the next day.

Quote snipped by me.

Perhaps just a reporting error, but her profile on the Charley Project says,
"Her daughter reported her mother missing at 9:00 p.m. on March 1, about 24 hours after she last saw her."

Maybe they both reported her missing.

I definitely think someone she knew well was responsible for her disappearance.

I feel for her family. They lost her and her son in such a short span of time. So very tragic. They deserve answers and justice.

Quote snipped by me.

Perhaps just a reporting error, but her profile on the Charley Project says,
"Her daughter reported her mother missing at 9:00 p.m. on March 1, about 24 hours after she last saw her."

Maybe they both reported her missing.

I definitely think someone she knew well was responsible for her disappearance.

I feel for her family. They lost her and her son in such a short span of time. So very tragic. They deserve answers and justice.
You are absolutely right, most likely it was someone who knew her well who took her with confidence or perhaps by force or drugged, taking advantage of her condition, she would have difficulty escaping...
A real tragedy about her son, who died months after her disappearance. I hope with all my heart that they can find answers.

Feb 28, 2022

• allyson_rebecca_romedy_1.jpg
  • allyson_rebecca_romedy_2.jpg
  • romedy_allyson4.jpg
Romedy, circa 2002

Feb 28, 2024 article - still missing

[…]

Mallorie says the last time she saw her mom at their home was the night before at Weisenbaker Place Apartments on Wisenbaker Road. The initial incident report states Romedy did not have her cell phone or her medication for Multiple Sclerosis with her.

On March 3, investigators found Romedy’s car less than a mile from her home at Fair Oaks Lane Apartments on Lisa Street.

[…]

It’s a mystery that Allyson Romedy’s family says they want to put an end to.

“She wasn’t perfect. She made a lot of mistakes, but she was ours, and we loved her. We have a right to know what happened,” Romedy's sister Jennifer Lunsford previously told WJCL.

On February 28, 2002, Romedy tucked her young daughter into bed and vanished from the Weisenbaker Place Apartments in Rincon.

Her daughter was the last one to see her. Her phone was left behind.

“There were things for certain she would take, she would never leave behind. And I knew that… And those things were there. I knew if she had left, she certainly didn’t leave by her own desire,” said Lunsford.

By Hayley Boland Mar. 26, 2024
“It’s 22 years old. The girl was 10 years old when her mom disappeared. That’s brutal. I mean, it caught my attention,” said O.C. Welch, President, O.C. Welch Ford Lincoln.
When O.C. Welch watched Mallorie Lazusky talk about her mom’s disappearance, he knew he wanted to step in and help.
“She’s entitled to closure. You just can’t have a story like that without some effort being put forward to solve that mystery,” said Welch.
This $10,000 reward is separate from the $7,500 previously offered by Crimestoppers. This could lead to a potential reward of nearly $18,000.''
“I am so thankful. I’m still kind of in shock,” Lazusky added.''

Allyson Rebecca Romedy​

• allyson_rebecca_romedy_1.jpg
  • allyson_rebecca_romedy_2.jpg
  • romedy_allyson3.jpg
  • romedy_allyson4.jpg
Romedy, circa 2002
  • Missing Since02/28/2002
  • Missing FromRincon, Georgia
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • SexFemale
  • RaceWhite
  • Date of Birth10/28/1958 (65)
  • Age43 years old
  • Height and Weight5'2, 120 pounds
  • Medical ConditionsRomedy has multiple sclerosis and requires medication to treat her condition. She did not have her medicine with her when she disappeared. Without treatment, Romedy's condition will cause her to have difficulty walking.
  • Associated Vehicle(s)Red or burgundy four-door 1997 Plymouth Breeze (accounted for)
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes.

Details of Disappearance​

Romedy was last seen at her apartment in the 400 block of Weisenbaker Road in Rincon, Georgia on February 28, 2002. She tucked her daughter into bed at 9:00 p.m.

A few minutes later, Romedy's daughter got up to get a drink of water and saw her mother watching television. This is the last sighting of her. When her daughter woke up in the morning, her mother was gone. Romedy has never been heard from again.

Romedy's daughter initially believed her mother had gone to work, but she never showed up for work that day. Her daughter reported her mother missing at 9:00 p.m. on March 1, about 24 hours after she last saw her.

Her cellular phone, jacket, jewelry, and medication were all left behind at her home. The only thing missing from the residence was her Dale Earnhardt cap, and her red or burgundy four-door 1997 Plymouth Breeze. The vehicle was located in the parking lot of the Fair Oaks Apartments on Weisenbaker Road, about a mile from Romedy's home. There was nothing inside it that would indicate her whereabouts.

At the time she vanished, Romedy was employed in the customer service department of Kahn & Co. Inc., and had been working there for three weeks.

Foul play is suspected in her case. Her boyfriend has not been named as a suspect, but he will not take a polygraph and will not cooperate with police. Her loved ones believe that she is deceased and that a local individual was responsible for her disappearance.

Romedy's oldest son was killed in an automobile accident in June 2002, four months after her disappearance. Her case remains unsolved.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brew23p
Back