IL IL - Shana Jaros, 18, Nokomis, 1 Nov 1995

that_one_dood

Reaction score
I never had an interest in web sleuthing. This case tugs at my heart. I cant read about it without welling up. The absolute horror this woman endured. I think I know the who, the question is how to prove it. Of course maybe the individual I am thinking of was cleared by police. If I'm not mistaken that was also the case with Sam Little and one of his murders where he dropped the victim off then circled around and picked her up. The victims friends truthfully testified Sam had dropped her off unknowing she left with him again. Anyway, I would love to see her killer caught so her parents can have some peace.

38148102_1481963651905695_6400356742626017280_n.jpg

Case Details: The Illinois State Police, Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office, and the Nokomis Police Department are seeking assistance regarding the homicide of Shana Marie Jaros, of Nokomis, Illinois. Just before 7:00 a.m., on November 1, 1995, Jaros' deceased body was discovered in her apartment of one week at 527 South Maple, Nokomis, Illinois. A neighbor reported she heard a scuffle in Jaros's apartment at approximately 4:46 a.m. on November 1, 1995. The neighbor did not observe anyone leaving the victim's apartment immediately thereafter. Jaros received more than 50 stab-cutting wounds from just above her breasts to her neck. Death resulted from massive blood loss. Contact Information: Anyone with any information is urged to contact Illinois State Police, Zone 6 Investigations at 217/324-2515, or Crimestoppers at 1-800-352-0136.

Unsolved Crimes

Read they never had any suspects and cleared the other 3 who played cards with her that night. Who did you suspect?

Read they never had any suspects and cleared the other 3 who played cards with her that night. Who did you suspect?
I'm not sure I want to reveal the name at this time online, especially in a searchable forum. Have the names of the card players been released?

I remember briefly reading about this case. I read somewhere that the family had suspected someone. I wonder if that's the same person you also suspect? Female or male? And what info is making people single out one suspect over any others? Depending on details about her personal life (of which, there hasn't been much in the way of specifics), it could be any of the three individuals last seen with her. Tanya, Jason or Billy.

Hell, depending on other info that has yet to be made public, it could be someone else. But as of right now, those are my guesses.

I would love to know why her bf didn't spend the night....

I'm not sure I want to reveal the name at this time online, especially in a searchable forum. Have the names of the card players been released?
Yes they have. I wish the family spoke up about who they suspect and why... I'm no expert, but I see family advocating for their loved ones all the time.

Jeff Buziak is a real estate agent here in my city, and has talked about his daughter and who he suspects is involved many times. Not just to me and my co workers (they were looking into relocating their headquarters) but he told us he was also on Dr Phil, Dateline, etc.. even saw him on Lordanarts.

As far as I know, there's no reason why you couldn't speculate. Just maybe not full names. You can say that you suspect "the boyfriend of her friend Tanya, the person who stayed and played cards" but doxxing them is against the rules.

Am I correct in that mods? If not, please correct me.

There are rumors it might have been her ex. If that's the case, it would make sense why her bf didn't stay the night... she was planning on possibly having him over? Her brother might have stayed with her the night prior. If they had a close relationship, she probably divulged some things to him which in turn ended up getting back to her parents after her death. Hence, their suspicions...

It also says she moved in with a roommate. Who was that? Where were they that evening?

It also says she moved in with a roommate. Who was that? Where were they that evening?
Thought it was weird I didn’t read anything about the roommate…the card game was her friend and her friends bf and a neighbor of hers correct?

Thought it was weird I didn’t read anything about the roommate…the card game was her friend and her friends bf and a neighbor of hers correct?
That's my understanding, yes. But there is an article where her father says she had just moved out and in with a roommate.. that's the only time I can find the roommate mentioned too. Very interesting though.

Thanks all for replying. I think you all have a lot more info than I. The reason I'm not sharing the name at this time is I dont want this individual to know he is being looked at by third parties. If you can share the name of the boyfriend and the ex-boyfriend I will confirm if this is who I think did it. The person I believe may have committed this murder is male, has an extensive criminal history, is a registered sex offender, and he was criminally active in Nokomis at the time, this I have verified through publicly available criminal records. There is more but too many details about his criminal life would give the individual away. Some from the area probably know who I am talking about.

Last edited:
I remember briefly reading about this case. I read somewhere that the family had suspected someone. I wonder if that's the same person you also suspect? Female or male? And what info is making people single out one suspect over any others? Depending on details about her personal life (of which, there hasn't been much in the way of specifics), it could be any of the three individuals last seen with her. Tanya, Jason or Billy.

Hell, depending on other info that has yet to be made public, it could be someone else. But as of right now, those are my guesses.

I would love to know why her bf didn't spend the night....
Do we have last names?

Y'all know more about this stuff than I, tell me if you agree with this statement: If a person is capable of slashing a throat to silence the victim immediately, and then proceeds to stab the individual 50 times, then this person has most likely had police contact involving violence since the incident. I dont believe this kind of rage only appears once and disappears.

dood: are you referring to someone originally from there? or someone around the town at that time? still resident? there's a few interesting registry hits around there...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back