GUILTY OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
GW4 is still living in fantasy land if he thinks he stands a chance of mitigating his involvement in these murders. If you look at the known evidence, the level of stupidity by these sick criminals is beyond belief. They tried to mask their involvement as they left electronic crumbs to their front door. Imo, their level of stupidity outweighs their level of sophistication. Jmo Moo

Don't guns have registered serial numbers?

Just tossing this out here.

It was stated George discussed his involvement in the homicides.
George never discussed his involvement in the homicides. Incriminating statements? Yes, but S said he never confessed and for him to talk about being involved in the murders is the same as confessing.

Incriminating statements:

If they have the gun they have the silencer.
I told you to get rid of your phone.
We have a family emergency.
Don't come down here we have company.
Jake's always getting us in trouble over a woman.
I want to bash Scheiderer's face in.
Make Reader pay make DeWine pay - violent tendencies Scheiderer said.
Making fun of Jake's religion many times.
We're being bugged don't say anything till we get home.
I bought a night scope - got a Captain America mask.
Just curious, why would G4 be making fun of Jake's religious beliefs?

Don't guns have registered serial numbers?

Just tossing this out here.

It was stated George discussed his involvement in the homicides.
George never discussed his involvement in the homicides. Incriminating statements? Yes, but S said he never confessed and for him to talk about being involved in the murders is the same as confessing.

Incriminating statements:

If they have the gun they have the silencer.
I told you to get rid of your phone.
We have a family emergency.
Don't come down here we have company.
Jake's always getting us in trouble over a woman.
I want to bash Scheiderer's face in.
Make Reader pay make DeWine pay - violent tendencies Scheiderer said.
Making fun of Jake's religion many times.
We're being bugged don't say anything till we get home.
I bought a night scope - got a Captain America mask.
I was just today discussing this. I have never heard that George talked about the murders. Statements yes. JW & AW talked.

GW4 is still living in fantasy land if he thinks he stands a chance of mitigating his involvement in these murders. If you look at the known evidence, the level of stupidity by these sick criminals is beyond belief. They tried to mask their involvement as they left electronic crumbs to their front door. Imo, their level of stupidity outweighs their level of sophistication. Jmo Moo
I don’t believe for a minute any of them will get out of this, but I’m curious to see what he tries to use against Jake .

Just curious, why would G4 be making fun of Jake's religious beliefs?

It came up when Canepa said he bought a Captain America mask. She then asked Scheiderer if the Wagners celebrated Halloween. He said no. She asked him if George made fun of Jake's religion and he said yes many times.

Probably Jake not doing Halloween for religious reasons and likely foregoing other special occasions and/or other activities is probably why George makes fun of him.

I believe Halloween was brought up to show that George didn't buy the mask for that occasion but he needed it for his night of mayhem.

Before all the evidence came to light and before there were searches, forensic reports, BCI listening devices planted, interviews of the Wagners and many others, and information
from witnesses such as Jake's wife, George's wife and their uncle, etc ... Before all that it may have come across as a sophisticated operation as DeWine put it.

Over all it looked sophisticated - at first - Then the evidence started to show how clueless they were, amateurish, with their plans not thought through.
Showing very little sophistication in the end with mistake after mistake.

1.) Faulty burned silencer in well - Consistent with suppressor parts they bought.
2.) Bullet casings buried in the ground - Matched casings at crime scenes.

3.) Fraudulent custody documents - Showed motive for murder and also exposed Angie's lie telling her mom to lie and say she forged the documents.

4.) Angie's infamous shoe receipt - Linked BCI to the Waverly Walmart showing Angie (in early April) on video buying the brand of shoes that were consistent with the bloody footprints at Dana's and Chris's including having new tread.

5.) Digital trail of their online and local purchases.
6.) Not getting rid of Jake's phone with family gun information and gun photo.

7.) Not getting rid of Angie's laptop showing many screenshots of Facebook private conversations they hacked into.

8.) Using guns that are incriminating such as using a Walter Colt 22 when there is a photo of it on Jake's phone, being known as a Glock man and buying a Glock then using a Glock for the crimes. And their purchased silencer equipment goes specifally with these size guns.

9.) Leaving bloody foot prints at 2 crime scenes.
10.) Knowing they are being bugged by BCI yet still making incriminating statements.
11.) Discussing revenge in front of a witness.
12.) Fighting with Chris Rhoden.
13.) Wanting custody right before they committed their crimes.

Scheiderer testimony at Bond Hearing

Last edited:
Cool Cats,
That's exactly what I was thinking. Your list is only what is known publicly. We don't really know the extent of the evidence. We know the evidence is so extensive Jake decided to save his bacon, at least from the state. Imo

I think what we know would have been enough for a jury to convict him and for his attorneys to recommend he needs to plea to avoid DP.

The Other Acts evidence shows he was abusive, controlling and would spy on HR.

Has a theft, fraud, harassment and arson background.

His own mother says she bought shoes for him and that brand and type of shoe is an exact match to the bloody footprints including new tread.

He has a 22 Colt photo on his phone and casings from a 22 Colt were found at the victims' residences and on his property.

He wanted custody. Had a motive.

His mother showed him Hannah's message that they would have to kill her, 4 months later he did.

He knows the properties and the dogs and had opportunities to locate trail cameras.

He purchased alot of parts to build silencers and those components specifically fit his 22 Colt.

He can't account for where his gun is or where all those suppressor parts are.

Recorded conversations and texts of his.

Suppressor in cistern matches supplies he bought such as the maglite flashlights.
It also fits a 22 Colt.

Lied that he did not want custody, that everything was working out fine with custody.

Would know how to enter the homes and was inside the homes learning the homes layouts and where bedrooms are.

Family gun list on his phone.

Viewed Boondock Saints about brothers sneaking into residences and killing people using suppressors.

No alibi.

Last edited:
@Cool Cats . Love your two compilations of evidence lists above. The Wag4 believed they had a foolproof plan, but what stupidity after all, especially the guns list and Colt.22 photo on phone

I actually started out with the mindset that they were innocent, not something I could say on here without starting WW III, and I had to be convinced through the evidence and testimony that they were in fact not innocent.

I did not want them to be guilty.

Well I couldn't deny as the evidence came out that the total of it together made it just too obvious that this family had conspired, spied, purchased supplies, prepared weapons and had the motive, the means, and the opportunity to do it. All 4 having zero alibis.

So sad. I was so disappointed that it was them. Still am.

But Juries like real evidence at the crime scenes that tie defendants to those crime scenes. This was thoroughly accomplished by the real footprints they left and by shell casings found at the crime scenes that actually match shell casings on their property.

The Walther Colt leaves a unique signature on the casings it fires, BCI had never seen it before. Some of the casings at the crime scenes and at Peterson Rd. had this exact same signature....A Walther Colt 22 was fired at Peterson Rd. and then fired at the victims.

From Scheiderer Testimony at Bond Hearing

Last edited:
I actually started out with the mindset that they were innocent, not something I could say on here without starting WW III, and I had to be convinced through the evidence and testimony that they were in fact not innocent.

I did not want them to be guilty.

Well I couldn't deny as the evidence came out that the total of it together made it just too obvious that this family had conspired, spied, purchased supplies, prepared weapons and had the motive, the means, and the opportunity to do it. All 4 having zero alibis.

So sad. I was so disappointed that it was them. Still am.

But Juries like real evidence at the crime scenes that tie defendants to those crime scenes. This was thoroughly accomplished by the real footprints they left and by shell casings found at the crime scenes that actually match shell casings on their property.

The Walther Colt leaves a unique signature on the casings it fires, BCI had never seen it before. Some of the casings at the crime scenes and at Peterson Rd. had this exact same signature....A Walther Colt 22 was fired at Peterson Rd. and then fired at the victims.

From Scheiderer Testimony at Bond Hearing

I really hoped it wasn’t them. Who would do such a cruel thing to those little kids. I got custody of my then five year old daughter through a good attorney and the court system. I never considered any other way to do it. Had I failed, I would have tried again later...

When the Wagners left for Alaska and LE searched their property, I recall having sympathy for the Wagners thinking of them as Rhoden's friends and family. I thought it was absurd the Wagners would be considered suspects just because they left the state. Then I learned Wagner's possessions and toys (lots of them) were left behind in open bins on the property and thought, "Who does that?"and "Did they leave suddenly; if so, why?"

I was still shocked when the Wags were arrested. Initially I believed the murders were somehow associated with BBL campground, or possibly Rhoden's used car buying, repairing and selling. I figured they got involved with the "wrong crowd". Finally the evidence started pouring in and there was no disputing the facts. I came around but it took a few years. And now it is all so obvious, but one family killing another family is still a crazy thing.

At first, I didn't think the Wagners were smart enough to pull off such a large scale massacre of innocent people. But I never felt any sympathy for them.

From the beginning, it was fairly obvious (to me, anyway) the Wagners showed poorly hidden contempt and anger towards the victims and surviving family members. Jake and Angela's interviews were cold and dismissive towards Hanna Rhoden and her family. I found that a little shocking. I had a feeling they were involved somehow, but didn't think they were smart or experienced enough to pull off the murders without screwing up in an obvious way.

Listening to a recent interview with reporter Chris Graves, formerly of Cincinnati.com, she also conveyed surprise that the Wagners were the killers. She mentioned what devout Christians they were, how often Jake and Angela spoke of their religious convictions and lifestyle. She fell for that same talk that many mid-westerners do - that people who are church-going religious Christians are good people who don't commit those kind of crimes.

People who have some training or come from a different background discount those claims. It's probably a cultural difference.

When the Wagners left for Alaska and LE searched their property, I recall having sympathy for the Wagners thinking of them as Rhoden's friends and family. I thought it was absurd the Wagners would be considered suspects just because they left the state. Then I learned Wagner's possessions and toys (lots of them) were left behind in open bins on the property and thought, "Who does that?"and "Did they leave suddenly; if so, why?"

I was still shocked when the Wags were arrested. Initially I believed the murders were somehow associated with BBL campground, or possibly Rhoden's used car buying, repairing and selling. I figured they got involved with the "wrong crowd". Finally the evidence started pouring in and there was no disputing the facts. I came around but it took a few years. And now it is all so obvious, but one family killing another family is still a crazy thing.

Well on the thread the Wagners were considered guilty and needed the DP from day of arrest. You couldn't even come on here and say different.

Well, the evidence had to prove it to us.

Thanks for being so honest. Breath of fresh air.

Well on the thread the Wagners were considered guilty and needed the DP from day of arrest. You couldn't even come on here and say different.

The evidence had to prove it to us.

Thanks for being so honest. Breath of fresh air.
BBM

I disagree. I think there has been fair debate on this thread. Granted, more debate before their arrests.

Once the W4 were arrested, IMO, there was overwhelming evidence of their guilt.

Even so, everyone is welcome to express their opinion as long as they are within TOS.
As well, everyone is allowed to disagree as long as they are within TOS.

JMO, MOO

Last edited:
Initially, and within the first few weeks of the murders, I was all over the place, as far as the guilty. Ties with certain elements at BBL and the road rage incident were tops on my list. I wonder now if the timing of the court appearance of the road rage incident came into play to throw off the investigation.

The W4 were never on my radar, because they weren't discussed in a serious way. I felt once the Wagner's were arrested and charged the state had the goods to go the distance. The state did a magnificent job of keeping the evidence close to their vest. No leaks. No anonymous sources. I have always felt the state was very professional in the investigation and once they made the arrests it was all but over. Granted, they still had/have the burden of proving their case in court but I do believe, with or without Jake's plea, the state would have succeeded at trial. Jmo MOO

BBM

I disagree. I think there has been fair debate on this thread. Granted, more debate before their arrests.

Once the W4 were arrested, IMO, there was overwhelming evidence of their guilt.

Even so, everyone is welcome to express their opinion as long as they are within TOS.
As well, everyone is allowed to disagree as long as they are within TOS.

JMO, MOO

I personally was called out as being pro Wagner "your not thinking of the victims."

Oh, and asking me, "don't you want justice for the families?"

I found this so disturbing saying I'm not pro victim.

I was a brand new poster back then and was intimidated. Now I would message Tiff or Ohio, our Mods, and tell them how I feel.

So I get your point and I appreciate it.

I will rephrase:

I personally, not other posters, just me, found hostility when I would say the Wagners could very well be innocent. That there is no proof we can see yet.

One typical response was that they were indicted so there is enough evidence to convict.

Yes, later the evidence (we could see) came to light but over time.

Last edited:
I personally was called out as being pro Wagner "your not thinking of the victims."

Oh, and asking me, "don't you want justice for the families?"

I found this so disturbing saying I'm not pro victim.

I was a brand new poster back then and was intimidated. Now I would message Tiff or Ohio, our Mods, and tell them how I feel.

So I get your point and I appreciate it.

I will rephrase:

I personally, not other posters, just me, found hostility when I would say the Wagners could very well be innocent. That there is no proof we can see yet.

One typical response was that they were indicted so there is enough evidence to convict.

Yes, later the evidence (we could see) came to light but over time.

ITA, we should all be able to respectfully express our views.

I feel mods have done a good job moderating comments, both pro and con.

I think we can all agree, being a mod can not be easy!:)

ITA, we should all be able to respectfully express our views.

I feel mods have done a good job moderating comments, both pro and con.

I think we can all agree, being a mod can not be easy!:)

Yup.

That is my point - I never let the mods know. They need to be informed to help, they can't read the threads 24/7 and don't know how a poster feels.

Had I talked to one of them I am 100% sure they would have taken care of it.

Hindsight is 20/20.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads