MO MO - West Alton, WhtFem 2-3, 1282UFMO, in suitcase in river, Feb'68

To clarify, was the attempted DNA extraction unsuccessful, or was it successful but no match has been found?
But it sounds from earlier posts in this thread that it was unsuccessful. Does that mean they decided against a 2nd attempt?

These cases are very sad.

This is kind of interesting. This article from when the body was found says it was found in Alton Lake. I wonder if that is the Alton Slough? It's a flood basin right next to the bridge. It's really accessible but more importantly, it would mean that someone put the suitcase in the Slough and not somewhere else along the River since the Slough only connects with the River during flood stages.
The_Springfield_News_Leader_Sat__Feb_3__1968_ copy.jpeg

This is kind of interesting. This article from when the body was found says it was found in Alton Lake. I wonder if that is the Alton Slough? It's a flood basin right next to the bridge. It's really accessible but more importantly, it would mean that someone put the suitcase in the Slough and not somewhere else along the River since the Slough only connects with the River during flood stages.
View attachment 303278

Ah, yes. It looks like the body was found in the slough. And it wasn't the little girl they mention in the other article, she was found alive in KC.

Mexico_Ledger_Fri__Feb_16__1968_.jpeg

There was also a adult Unidentified female found around that time period.I don't know if they are related or not. CASE NUMBER - 880UFMO
It says she had a fish mouthed cervix. I did a little research and I believe that is indicative of having had at least one child? It seems they don't have DNA on her to compare to the little girl.

Last edited:
Was there any confirmation one way or the other about Elizabeth Ann Gill and this Jane Doe?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Lee
Back