FL- 12 Story Condo Partial Building Collapse, many still unaccounted for, Miami, 24 June 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
the petition has almost 15,000 signature now.

unfortunately I don’t think online petitions hold much weight. Change dot org basically exists to get your info. I don’t think Facebook is much different. I pray those animals are okay. I haven’t stopped thinking about them these past few days.

Speaking of paywalls... If I subscribe to a Paywall MSM, ie. NYTimes, thus removing Paywall for me... then paste the link on WS, will posters here be able to open link without hitting paywall themselves? Hope I made question clear.
No because when someone else goes to the link you post the paywall checks their individual IP and if they've exceeded their free articles for the month they hit the paywall.

I wish there was more info about what was used to look under beds and in closets? People? drones? voices of the actual owners?

@WendyRhodesFl

BREAKING: NO pets located, per
@MayorDaniella

@Lenasalzbank

PET STATUS Miami Dade officials have conducted three full sweeps including under beds and in closets, they have also used thermal imaging over the rubble pile and in the remaining tower to look for animals
@CBS12

Last edited:
When someone introduces conspiracy theories, please just Report the post without responding to it.

One simple post that should get removed has resulted in pages and pages of review to locate any responding Off Topic posts discussing why conspiracy theories should or shouldn't be discussed. It makes a lot more work for Moderators when it isn't necessary.

As per TOS, if/when you see a post that violates TOS, do not respond to it. Just Report it.

E5fPAAfXEAE_orQ

You can click on the image to see the full e-flyer. Gives geographic boundaries, times to stay indoors, keep windows shut, etc. I thank SDS71;);) who provided the twitter link. Just hoped this would make it easier to view. Maybe I made it too large... Yikes...where is the eraser button?

Last edited:
Per MSM reports Controlled Demolition Inc, aka CDI is the company who will be handling the "implosion". Researching past projects:
Martin Tower, Bethlehem, Pa
Ocean Tower, South Padre Island, Texas (uncompleted 31 story condo bldg when the core sank 14 inches before it was even completed!)
The Kingdome, Seattle
and before I even finished typing this post 6:26pm PST, wikipedia has added Champlain Towers South (item#2.7) to selected projects list.

@FrancesRobles

There's a hearing going on right now via Zoom before a local judge, on whether to halt the demolition of Champlain Towers in order to try to rescue abandoned pets.
A lawyer for Miami-Dade county, Dave Murray, tells the court that the building is already loaded with explosives and letting people in to search for pets would put crews and neighboring residents at risk.
The hearing is actually for one person, who wants to enter the building and find her support dog.

Miami-Dade Circuit Judge Michael Hanzman denied the request for an emergency injunction to pause the demolition of the Champlain Towers to allow a resident to find her support dog, saying he does not have the jurisdiction to second-guess the decisions made by county executives.

“Fact remains…despite those efforts…there is going to be loss of life— loss of human life and lives of animals…” Judge says he can’t “step on the toes” of the executives who have made the decision to demolish today and “second guess their wisdom.”

Last edited:
wow...I can't even imagine...unless you have the owner of the pet sign a waiver to go inside and look and not hold anyone responsible for saving your *advertiser censored* should something go wrong....I would be good with that.

It is sad. But, the people who have missing pets can grieve, and get a new pet. I don't say that lightly, when our dog died, I went into a depression that I needed medication to finally have a day without crying.

But, the judge has to balance the law, and human life, above the lives of pets. What if a person went into the building for a pet, and was injured, screaming for help. Would they just go ahead and implode the building? Of course not. Rescue personnel would risk their lives, in an unstable building, primed with explosives to save that person.

That is why the judge made a decision.

Just stopping by to say what a tragedy it is for the people who are about to lose their homes. It's so sad. Prayers and many good wishes to all the people affected by this tragedy!

Yes, in a general sense that it is out there and yes it is active in the state. But no more alarm than the original pandemic.

snipped for focus.

Actually, I think that's the right attitude to take about the Delta/Delta-plus variants.

The entire situation is different now, because the most vulnerable people are either vaccinating or self-isolating and it's mostly younger people getting this variant. It is not more deadly than the original, just more contagious.

We're not hearing a lot about Delta here in California (Los Angeles is worried - they have specific reasons why, having to do with schools).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus