Found Deceased IA - Xavior Harrelson, 10, Montezuma, 27 May 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just sitting here theorizing... Kids with a lot of responsibility tend to be more savvy than kids who have less adult responsibility.
Is it possible he had been planning an escape? He is young but he's been caring for mama a long time. Could he have hopped a bus and nobody suspected a thing? Maybe they're waiting for a lead as to where he went?
I want him to be ok. Just thinking...

July 3, 2021
Reward in search for Xavior Harrelson surpasses $31,000

View attachment 303414

MONTEZUMA, Iowa (KWWL) - The reward fund established in hopes of generating tips and information in the disappearance of 11-year old Xavior Harrelson in Poweshiek County has increased to $31,618.

[…]

According to the Poweshiek County Sheriff's Office, several local businesses and private citizens have donated money to the fund.

[…]

Anyone with information about where Xavior may be can leave a tip by clicking here.

You can also call 911 or the Poweshiek County Sheriff's Office at 641-623-2107.

If you would like to donate to the reward fund, you can contact Montezuma State Bank at 641-623-5766.

View attachment 303415
Reward in SEARCH for Xavior Harrelson has increased to $31,618...
Have there been any recent SEARCHES by LE or locals or anyone? This makes me want to cancel my vacation plans for destinations in southern states where COVID-19 is on the rise (again) and search for him myself on my 21 days off. I could at least post flyers all along the route from Lafayette, LA to Montezuma.
Sounds like a great plan. I will wear his T-shirt with my N-95 mask and vaccination card on my dashboard. I will stop at every gas station, truck stop and convenience store along the way. Ask around if anyone has seen him... My vacation doesn't start till 7/12, so plenty of time to plan my route. If anyone has suggestions regarding potential routes, please private message me. In 2018, I brought my youngest daughter to Porland, Oregon to meet her online boyfriend she had been "dating" for 3 years. His family was awesome. I got to go out to Skyline Elementary, Sauvie Island, etc. Until I actually experienced that difficult terrain, dense forests, and saw the area waterways, I didn't realize how immensely DIFFICULT that search for Kyron was...
I pray that Xavior is found soon.
Xavior, what happened to you? Where are you?

I'm just sitting here theorizing... Kids with a lot of responsibility tend to be more savvy than kids who have less adult responsibility.
Is it possible he had been planning an escape? He is young but he's been caring for mama a long time. Could he have hopped a bus and nobody suspected a thing? Maybe they're waiting for a lead as to where he went?
I never thought of that. If he did plan an escape, my change in vacation plans could actually help. Thanks PeriwinkleE.

There's a lot of information in this June 2, 2021 video news report. Reportedly, there was constant turmoil in the home where Xavior often sought to stay with neighbors.

We know that Xavior was only days away from his 11th birthday when he vanished -- and preteen years can be very difficult for both young boys and girls.

It's never been clear to me whether or not XH's bike is also missing. Did he have a cell phone, and is the phone missing?

Xavior reminds me of the young OH boy (Jonathan Minard) that disappeared while working on a dairy farm. His body was discovered in a shallow grave -- the cause of death-- acute fentanyl toxicity.

Baraboo, WI 10-year-old Kodie Dutcher's death was ruled "pharmacologic suicide " after her body located in a cornfield near the apartment she shared with her mother after she went missing for less than 24 hours while her mother was at work.

I fear self harm a possibility in this disappearance. MOO

Friends describe relationship between Xavior Harrelson and his mother as search for missing boy continues

I never thought of that. If he did plan an escape, my change in vacation plans could actually help. Thanks PeriwinkleE.
Here in rural Iowa it would be a lot trickier to pull off unnoticed. No access to public transportation and there’s no anonymity in a small town.

Still, I tend to think that’s exactly what he did. And I think he had help.

Here in rural Iowa it would be a lot trickier to pull off unnoticed. No access to public transportation and there’s no anonymity in a small town.

Still, I tend to think that’s exactly what he did. And I think he had help.
Thanks for clueing me in on this. I have never been to Iowa. I did grow up in a small town that still doesn't have public transportation. Also everyone knew everyone else's business.
And ITA that he must have had help, since so far he has pulled it off...if that's what happened. MOO

Going along with the scenario: Maybe part of their arguing was him saying he would run away, like kids do. She said something along the lines of “don’t let the door hit ya” like sometimes parents do. Then he did?
Kids do all kids of things today that I can't even wrap my head around. MOO
And parents do lose it sometimes and say things they don't mean... IMO it could have gone down this way.

I don't understand - how much are you speculating she knows?
IMO she knows what they were arguing about. I don't understand how anyone could be silent and not go to media or radio ( if you don't want people to see you) when their child is missing. In my opinion, Xavior might have kept his secret to escape so well, that she didn't see this coming... Maybe he didn't breathe a word of it, and the argument was about something else. If Periwinkle's theory pans out, there is a chance he is alive out there. All of this is pure speculation on my part. MOO

People, please remember he was not yet 11. ….. living in the country he certainly did not have yet the street smart of city children regardless of how mature, for his age, he was.

How truly disabled is his mother?

People, please remember he was not yet 11. ….. living in the country he certainly did not have yet the street smart of city children regardless of how mature, for his age, he was.

How truly disabled is his mother?
His mother needs help to put on her leg prosthesis because of some other medical problem that keeps her from being able to do it herself. Mobility is a main issue from my perspective. Xavior turned 11 just days after he went missing. He carried a lot of responsibility for his age. And kids from the country may not have street smarts, but that doesn't mean they don't have "other" smarts.
I would really like to know what the argument was about the night before he went missing. I have wondered everything from him not wanting to clean the toilet to him refusing to run some sort of "errand" for her anymore. Maybe he got tired of feeling like her "slave" and wanted to be free of those burdens he carried. ALL IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle