GUILTY AL - J.B. Beasley & Tracie Hawlett, both 17, murdered, Ozark, 31 July 1999 *ARREST in 2019* #5

Just have to throw this out that the big possibility of a prior physical relationship that day could account for the DNA and that asking a black man about a connection to 2 dead white girls could possibly elicit denial of knowing them.

And in the south in 1999 or even now would be big race issue.

I don’t know how familiar you are are with AL now but interracial relationships are very common here now.

Yes they are common but not everyone approves of them. There are still racist people out there.

No one is making this about race. It was just mentioned that if indeed McCraney did know JB, he would not come forward because it was 1999 in South Alabama and he might have been afraid that he would be accused. JS

Either way, CM has some explaining to do. It doesn't really matter what his explanation is, because whatever he says puts him in a bind. If he says he didn't know JB, why is his DNA on/in her? If he says he did know her, his credibility is shot because he is caught in a lie. Its going to be interesting to see how this plays out. None of his options are very good...

Either way, CM has some explaining to do. It doesn't really matter what his explanation is, because whatever he says puts him in a bind. If he says he didn't know JB, why is his DNA on/in her? If he says he did know her, his credibility is shot because he is caught in a lie. Its going to be interesting to see how this plays out. None of his options are very good...

Exactly! It will be interesting to see which of his stories be tells in Court. Probably of the two you mentioned, he will go with the latter. Whichever lie his lawyer feels is the most believable is what he will base his defense on. MOO

He doesn't have to take the stand in his own defense and I doubt he will. All his lawyer has to do is establish reasonable doubt. With just one member of the jury. The state has to prove he did this - and my opinion is he did- but he doesn't have to prove he didn't.

True, but the defense will have to come with something to counter the DNA. They will have to find a way to explain the semen in & on JB. That won’t be easy. They will probably try to have the DNA evidence excluded in some way. Once that fails, they will try to discredit it in some manner.

Yep, more than likely the defense will attempt to impeach the DNA evidence either trying to get it thrown out and made inadmissible or by arguing contamination of some sort. Unfortunately, for every expert you can get to argue for the evidence there is always one for sale who'll argue against it. We'll see.

True, but the defense will have to come with something to counter the DNA. They will have to find a way to explain the semen in & on JB. That won’t be easy. They will probably try to have the DNA evidence excluded in some way. Once that fails, they will try to discredit it in some manner.

Now that the very person "in charge" of the DNA has been terminated from the police force as of last evening, I think a lot, if not ALL of the evidence HE brought forth, will be thrown out. The chief of OPD, at least one Captain, and possibly a couple of investigators, all fired. Yesterday.

Marlos Walker, Police Chief (former as of today), has long been rumored to be involved. Fired last night for being involved in a human trafficking ring, he's the one who offered up his BFF McCraney. How does anyone else feel about this new development?

Oh wow, I seen this on the news this morning but didn't know why. This is very interesting
And no one will explain that second gun for some odd reason.

Why did the other post above this get deleted??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress
Back