TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just came off from binge watching YouTube police body cam footage of cases entitled "so and so arrested for impersonating an officer." So far, all of them look as out of shape or worse than SP. These cop wannabes are all over the place, their cop attire enhanced by badges and assorted LE gear acquired from eBay. I just saw a guy impersonating an officer on his way to serve papers to pick up two kids from a high school under the auspices of serving custody papers from an out-of-state husband. He was fully outfitted with lights, sirens, tasers, AND a K-9 sticker on his window. And that wasn't half of the police gear he had on board...turns out, he was a convicted felon. The (real) cops were furious.

So, SP isn't a new phenomena, nor does his charade make him a special circumstance.

Just came off from binge watching YouTube police body cam footage of cases entitled "so and so arrested for impersonating an officer." So far, all of them look as out of shape or worse than SP. These cop wannabes are all over the place, their cop attire enhanced by badges and assorted LE gear acquired from eBay. I just saw a guy impersonating an officer on his way to serve papers to pick up two kids from a high school under the auspices of serving custody papers from an out-of-state husband. He was fully outfitted with lights, sirens, tasers, AND a K-9 sticker on his window. And that wasn't half of the police gear he had on board...turns out, he was a convicted felon. The (real) cops were furious.

So, SP isn't a new phenomena, nor does his charade make him a special circumstance.
But the murder of a woman by a person impersonating a cop IS a new phenomenon.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
I don't think LE works that way. If SP is captured, I don't think the DA wants to hear SP's defense atty. say. "It wasn't a REAL confession, because SP read about the manner and method of the murder in the Sunday Times."
We may be hungry for this information, but it can also tank a case

Last edited by a moderator:
But the murder of a woman by a person impersonating a cop IS a new phenomenon.
Not by a long shot. From Bundy to Ed Kemper to Gacy to Gerard Schaefer, they all flashed a badge and impersonated officers.
Schaefer WAS an officer and used the symbolic authority associated with his badge to murder freely.
Gerard John Schaefer - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Don't forget, SP had more problems than a simple B&E to answer for. Sp was facing B&E, possible burglary and impersonating an officer charges. The latter is a felony.
More than enough possible jail time to provide a motive for murder.

Don't forget, SP had more problems than a simple B&E to answer for. Sp was facing B&E, possible burglary and impersonating an officer charges. The latter is a felony.
More than enough possible jail time to provide a motive for murder.

Maybe SP was just there do his innocent B&E and his accomplice waiting at the door killed Missy. IMO

Steve, I don't know if this is something that you would consider, but how about taking a screenshot of the info and send it to Rebecca Lopez who is WFAA senior crime and justice reporter since 1998. Ask her to authenticate it, for good measure (I believe that it's authentic) and remind her if she isn't all that familiar w a Midlothian murder, that NO ONE has publicly stated that Missy was shot. For 5 long years. Maybe she can shake the truth out?????? After all, as you said, it is online and therefore joe public has a right to see it. Not sure that public knowledge would help, but I don't see how it can hurt. JMO

Steve, I'm not sure that your response to Razz was also a response to this post or if you saw it and declined to answer, which is fine, if that's what it was. But since the gun information IS for public consumption, there is no reason that a reporter can't report it on a well-circulated forum. If the FBI thought that it would tank the case, they wouldn't have allowed it to be published on the websites you cite. MPD may request that the info not be published or, in the alternative, actually confirm it. Confirmation may arouse a renewed interest in the case, and maybe even generate new tips. JMO

Steve, I'm not sure that your response to Razz was also a response to this post or if you saw it and declined to answer, which is fine, if that's what it was. But since the gun information IS for public consumption, there is no reason that a reporter can't report it on a well-circulated forum. If the FBI thought that it would tank the case, they wouldn't have allowed it to be published on the websites you cite. MPD may request that the info not be published or, in the alternative, actually confirm it. Confirmation may arouse a renewed interest in the case, and maybe even generate new tips. JMO
I know that this was directed to SteveS, but I tend to think of this information as less useful toward solving the primary problem which is identifying SP. It would be far more useful (for our purposes) if LE would release more of whatever available CCTV video they have of SP.

I know that this was directed to SteveS, but I tend to think of this information as less useful toward solving the primary problem which is identifying SP. It would be far more useful (for our purposes) if LE would release more of whatever available CCTV video they have of SP.

Hmmm. Do you think you would recognize SP if only you could see more video? Do you suspect that a gun can be seen in missing video? I believe that BB did see all video. It was after that that he said he believed SP is female. If he saw a gun, he kept it to himself. JMO As far as I know, the only video we haven't seen is Missy, entering the building and walking down the hall until there is no more camera view. It was said that neither Missy nor SP were seen again and that the killing was not on camera.

Last edited:
Also. other video would show campers entering and possibly EMS and police. Of course, they don't want the campers identifiable...among other things, it would have put them at risk. JMO

Hmmm. Do you think you would recognize SP if only you could see more video? Do you suspect that a gun can be seen in missing video? I believe that BB did see all video. It was after that that he said he believed SP is female. If he saw a gun, he kept it to himself. JMO As far as I know, the only video we haven't seen is Missy, entering the building and walking down the hall until there is no more camera view. It was said that neither Missy nor SP were seen again and that the killing was not on camera.
Do you think you would recognize SP if only you could see more video? - Maybe.
Do you suspect that a gun can be seen in missing video? - Maybe.
I believe that BB did see all video. It was after that that he said he believed SP is female. - He has a right to his opinion, just like the rest of us.
If he saw a gun, he kept it to himself. - Fine.
As far as I know, the only video we haven't seen is Missy, entering the building and walking down the hall until there is no more camera view. - As far as I know, I don't know the entirety of WHAT CCTV MPD has.
It was said that neither Missy nor SP were seen again and that the killing was not on camera. - It was said...
Other video would show campers entering and possibly EMS and police. Of course, they don't want the campers identifiable...among other things, it would have put them at risk. - Not footage I'd be interested in...unless one of the campers walks like Long John Silver with a touch of jock itch.

You misunderstand me. I'm not looking for guns and bullets, campers or the moment of bloody impact. I was simply inquiring if more video of SP exists other than what has been officially released and that I thought it might be helpful.

Last edited:

@cady, can you provide the BB link (the one with the suspicion that SP is a woman)? I'm unable to locate it at the moment. Thanks so much!

@cady, can you provide the BB link (the one with the suspicion that SP is a woman)? I'm unable to locate it at the moment. Thanks so much!
Oh, jeez.....not right off the bat. He said that around May 24 or 26 2016, I think, Anyway, I know it was after LE had let him see more video. He had also commented on SP "holstering" a tool. I think if you google Brandon Bevers thinks the killer is a woman, you may find when and where he said it. Not sure who was interviewing him. Discussion here would be in early thread around end of May 2016
JMO

Oh, jeez.....not right off the bat. He said that around May 24 or 26 2016, I think, Anyway, I know it was after LE had let him see more video. He had also commented on SP "holstering" a tool. I think if you google Brandon Bevers thinks the killer is a woman, you may find when and where he said it. Not sure who was interviewing him. Discussion here would be in early thread around end of May 2016
JMO

Respectfully, if BB (or anyone else) had a certain opinion in May 2016, I would put very little reliability in it. We (and BB) know way more now than we did back then. The evidence was emerging in dribs and drabs, and LE was doing all they could to keep everyone (including BB) in the dark. They apparently fed him a lot of BS, and who knows whether he really knows way more than anyone else, in trying to figure out what the facts are, what's BS, and what's being hidden.

As for the perp's gender, I generally lean toward male. Breaking in the building, and aggressively bashing things to get doors open, feels like male activity to me. The shorter height doesn't sway me away from that, but rather makes me think it's a short guy who might have issues and desires to try to prove something, because of the lack of height. Napoleon complex stuff.

I was simply inquiring if more video of SP exists other than what has been officially released and that I thought it might be helpful.

We have to assume that LE tells us the truth as they know it, in making public comments. (If they don't, our discussion is pointless, because he have no facts we can rely on.)

Working from that basis, we know ...
1 There is more video we haven't seen.
2 There is no attack on video.
We don't know ...
1 How much more video
2 What the video was of
3 Where the other video fit in the sequence of events
4 What additional evidence, if any, the other video provides

Would letting us see all the video help us be more on track in our guesses? Probably. Would it help the case itself? Maybe, maybe not. Will we see it all one day? Doubt it. Lots of gathered evidence in cases is never made public, for a variety of reasons. And even more so while it's trying to be solved.

It was from a People Mag article May 25 2016..Said he thought it was a woman, and felt that Missy was targeted. ( I imagine the interview took place a day or so earlier). After all this time he may feel differently, but as far as I know, he hasn't said so. JMO Also, discussion here was at thread 23...kind of a fun read, if you are as bored as me. lol Also, the "holstering" comment was from some other interview, much earlier, I think.

Last edited:
It was from a People Mag article May 25 2016..Said he thought it was a woman, and felt that Missy was targeted. ( I imagine the interview took place a day or so earlier). After all this time he may feel differently, but as far as I know, he hasn't said so. JMO Also, discussion here was at thread 23...kind of a fun read, if you are as bored as me. lol Also, the "holstering" comment was from some other interview, much earlier, I think.

As I noted, I don't know how much value there is, in digging back through old threads and very early ideas and speculation. In the first months, early after the murder, there was so much confusion, so much hidden, so many mistaken impressions, that people were working from.

But I gotta make it clear -- I very much appreciate the effort, the willingness on your part (and others) to dig through that and try to find something long forgotten that may prove helpful or informative for our current discussions! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

BBM
I did this, too. Fascinating and disturbing how committed those guys seem, even after arrest.

As I noted, I don't know how much value there is, in digging back through old threads and very early ideas and speculation. In the first months, early after the murder, there was so much confusion, so much hidden, so many mistaken impressions, that people were working from.

But I gotta make it clear -- I very much appreciate the effort, the willingness on your part (and others) to dig through that and try to find something long forgotten that may prove helpful or informative for our current discussions! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Same here. I'm just glad this thread has been resurrected as it's too sad to think this hideous crime may be forgotten.

Thank you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members