Found Deceased IA - Xavior Harrelson, 10, Montezuma, 27 May 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read all of these replies and speculations but honestly nothing seems right? He disappeared, don’t think it was a stranger? Did he commit suicide? Don’t think so! He did not just disappear! He hung around the park and sought refuge in that park, that was his comfort zone! Whatever happened was in that park! IMO may not be correct but feeling the voice of an 11 year old!

I read all of these replies and speculations but honestly nothing seems right? He disappeared, don’t think it was a stranger? Did he commit suicide? Don’t think so! He did not just disappear! He hung around the park and sought refuge in that park, that was his comfort zone! Whatever happened was in that park! IMO may not be correct but feeling the voice of an 11 year old!
Your line of reasoning makes sense. He did not just disappear.

Until and unless the evidence indicates otherwise I’m in the camp that thinks he left voluntarily, probably planned and with help. Hard to imagine anything else that didn’t leave any witnesses or a shred of evidence.

I’ve been thinking a lot on the topic of “how much can a kid this age know about xyz?”
YouTube has tutorials on anything you can think of. Can you imagine having the internet when we were kids? The mind boggles.

I’ve been thinking a lot on the topic of “how much can a kid this age know about xyz?”
YouTube has tutorials on anything you can think of. Can you imagine having the internet when we were kids? The mind boggles.

That is a really good point. He looks so young in the photos IMO, but that can mean nothing. It’s not just as simple as searching the history on the family computer, for example…there are tutorials and apps designed to *hide* that.

I do not believe he ran away without a bike and no one has seen even a second of him. Not caught on doorbell cams or anything. No way. After this amount of time, that option is the absolute least likely, to me.

I could imagine a 10-year-old who is having conflict with mom hopping on their bike and taking a ride off the property to get away for awhile, even at night. And then something happening.
I could see a kid taking off on foot who wasn't big on riding bikes.
But he was said to love his bike.
And he didn't take his bike. So I'm stuck on something else happening in the immediate vicinity.
I really hope this will be solved. He seems like an amazing kid.

After 5+ weeks, I'm afraid Xavior could be the victim of an online predator. I think it's out of his character to cause his family/friends to worry.

Viewing the Obits. Does anybody know if Xavior has an older brother? Perhaps an older brother would be willing to help/harbor a runaway without notifying the parents and/or LE??

Otherwise -- I can't imagine who else would help a minor without notifying LE.

I live in Minnesota not too far from this area, and grew up in a similar town. I have an 11 year old son so I know a lot of boys aged 10-12. I can't think of a single one of them that I think is savvy or street smart enough to survive on their own for a month. My son would be head home as soon as the sun went down if he "ran away". Not sure why of these little boys have as heavy load as Xavior has though. And they are still little boys.

I can't bear to think of alternative to running away with help. But what are the odds that Xavior fought with his mom the same night he planned to run away? Unless he had somewhere or someone else to run to and and then they helped him, or hiding him.

I can't bear to think of alternative to running away with help. But what are the odds that Xavior fought with his mom the same night he planned to run away? Unless he had somewhere or someone else to run to and and then they helped him, or hiding him.
^^rsbm

Reportedly, the argument the night before Xavior disappeared was not a one-off. There was said to be constant turmoil in his home, and where Xavior was known to take refuge with his neighbors.

We know that his mother moved from the trailer park recently. Perhaps an upcoming move was just one more stressor and/or the last straw for this young boy.

IA - IA - Xavior Harrelson, 10, Montezuma, 27 May 2021

JUL 8, 2021
DCI say they are doing a lot 'behind the scenes' in Xavior Harrelson's disappearance case (kcci.com)
[...]

Mitch Mortvedt, the assistant director of the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, says agents are still working full time to find the missing boy.

"We are working on it every day and the public may not see that, the community may not see that, and since it is an ongoing investigation, there's a lot that we can't say at this point," Mortvedt said.

Mortvedt says they have combed through hours of video and interviewed hundreds of people.

"We've interviewed, literally, probably almost everybody in town, let alone, you know, friends of the family, extended family," Mortvedt said.

[...]

"It's been a little difficult on pinpointing an exact timeline of when Xavier was last seen, where he was seen at," Mortvedt said.

Mortvedt noted that Xavior's bicycle was left at the mobile home trailer where he lives with his mother. Neighbors call this "suspicious" since the boy was known to love his bike and ride it every day.

[...]

"We would hope that that reward would have some influence on somebody that knows something, because obviously, we feel confident that there is somebody out there that knows something," Mortvedt said.

[...]

Video: Authorities still looking for Xavior Harrelson, 6 weeks after disappearance (kcrg.com)

^^rsbm

Reportedly, the argument the night before Xavior disappeared was not a one-off. There was said to be constant turmoil in his home, and where Xavior was known to take refuge with his neighbors.

We know that his mother moved from the trailer park recently. Perhaps an upcoming move was just one more stressor and/or the last straw for this young boy.

IA - IA - Xavior Harrelson, 10, Montezuma, 27 May 2021

I know, that's what I've read, and it breaks my heart. Mom is who you're supposed to seek refuge with, not from.

It also just doesn't make sense that he'd get far as a 10 year old last seen in PJ bottoms. He's a 4ft 9 male weighting 100lbs, it'd be pretty clear it's a child and for no one to see him doesn't add up?

I live in Minnesota not too far from this area, and grew up in a similar town. I have an 11 year old son so I know a lot of boys aged 10-12. I can't think of a single one of them that I think is savvy or street smart enough to survive on their own for a month. My son would be head home as soon as the sun went down if he "ran away". Not sure why of these little boys have as heavy load as Xavior has though. And they are still little boys.

This is what I keep thinking about also. If he was 15-16 I would go with the runaway theory, but he was a 10 year old little boy. No matter how much stress he's had, I can't imagine that he wouldn't get homesick/scared after a few days away (if even that). I really think one of two things happened, he met someone online who groomed him and talked him into walking away and now he can't get free (or sadly worse) or something happened while at home.

I am so sad there isn't one link to the sweet guy.

This is what I keep thinking about also. If he was 15-16 I would go with the runaway theory, but he was a 10 year old little boy. No matter how much stress he's had, I can't imagine that he wouldn't get homesick/scared after a few days away (if even that). I really think one of two things happened, he met someone online who groomed him and talked him into walking away and now he can't get free (or sadly worse) or something happened while at home.

I am so sad there isn't one link to the sweet guy.

I am so sad of having to “like” a comment that I really don’t like! I don’t know if he met someone online, I tend to think not and that something happened in that park that night and that someone he trusted turned on him or he was taken by a stranger who saw his young naïveté and took advantage of his circumstances! I pray he is alive and pray he can escape and come home!

Last edited by a moderator:
In all fairness to the adults in Xavior's life, I think some of the constant, late-night turmoil we've read about could very well have been mom trying to keep her preteen son off of the internet (and safe).

You don't have to look outside of your own local area to read about the effects COVID19 lockdown had on youth and parental discipline -- typically revolving around limiting screentime and access to devices. MOO

Sending prayers and good energy to Iowa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie