Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is all new information. Where was this reported?

AW on his Help Me Find My Sister campaign page on facebook (now switched to private group I note) had confirmed that she had gone off on a number of occasions. If you read back through this thread you will find the reference.
I read that thread before. But first he said weekend at partners but she kept in touch. Later he said a few hours! I believe he also said one time he would have to ask his mum, l do not believe most of what he says is true or a fact. Jmo

I read that thread before. But first he said weekend at partners but she kept in touch. Later he said a few hours! I believe he also said one time he would have to ask his mum, l do not believe most of what he says is true or a fact. Jmo
It is not implausible that it is true though.

JMO but I don't believe AW lived at home, or if he did he was not home all the time. If he did I believe we would hear about it more from him. I think he speaks out about as much inside knowledge he has, as he is the closest to her that can right now, but if he lived in the home I think he'd bring up loads of instances when Scott was being sketchy or just anything weird he noticed.

Googling something and reading it on a random website to prove your point isn’t the same as that point actually being true.

There is not a limitless pot of government cash for home adaptations, wheelchairs, cars and other disability aids that parents or disabled people can just call on at any time and these things will magically appear for free overnight.

Assessments are done on a county council level, and even if they agree that you need x adaptation, the money isn’t necessarily available for it, or with some councils they only agree to part fund it. The assessor may not agree that the house is suitable for the adaptations needed, in which case you face an incredibly long wait for an already adapted house to become available. This is why so many people turn to fundraisers or *** to pay for the work needed.

It’s also not true that being assessed for home disability funding triggers SS involvement. I’m disabled, I’ve got a very minimal amount of adaptations funded by the council, and no SS involvement whatsoever.
Shelter is not a random website in the UK, it is a highly respected charity that works with homeless people and people who are overcrowded or disabled in the UK living in sheltered accommodation or otherwise.

JMO but I don't believe AW lived at home, or if he did he was not home all the time. If he did I believe we would hear about it more from him. I think he speaks out about as much inside knowledge he has, as he is the closest to her that can right now, but if he lived in the home I think he'd bring up loads of instances when Scott was being sketchy or just anything weird he noticed.
I am sure he did live at home
He has often said he has been told not to discuss the case. By the police. He may be called as a witness possibly?

He also said she'd never stayed out overnight without saying where she went
This is all new information. Where was this reported?

AW on his Help Me Find My Sister campaign page on facebook (now switched to private group I note) had confirmed that she had gone off on a number of occasions. If you read back through this thread you will find the reference.

Googling something and reading it on a random website to prove your point isn’t the same as that point actually being true.

There is not a limitless pot of government cash for home adaptations, wheelchairs, cars and other disability aids that parents or disabled people can just call on at any time and these things will magically appear for free overnight.

Assessments are done on a county council level, and even if they agree that you need x adaptation, the money isn’t necessarily available for it, or with some councils they only agree to part fund it. The assessor may not agree that the house is suitable for the adaptations needed, in which case you face an incredibly long wait for an already adapted house to become available. This is why so many people turn to fundraisers or *** to pay for the work needed.

It’s also not true that being assessed for home disability funding triggers SS involvement. I’m disabled, I’ve got a very minimal amount of adaptations funded by the council, and no SS involvement whatsoever.
Perhaps a government link would help. I have a disabled child myself as do many of my friends, I am well aware of what is and isn’t available. Two links, neither of which are random, both are legitimate.
Disabled Facilities Grants

To clarify our assessors and all assessors are part of social services, not in a safeguarding remit as I posted in my original link, they also often involve OT- but the ultimate decision is made by social services. Some people feel threatened by this, but it is nothing to do with your children being taken away- I feel you have completely misinterpreted my post and am now trying to justify myself, but there we go.

Wait, where did SaintMoores post go? I never saw that. Thats all brand new info.

I asked for my post to be deleted.
Because
(although) The bruising was reported in the media as I said.
The brothers alleging violence from Scott was publically available, but isn't now the Facebook group is closed.
And I realised that Sarah's online police reports against Scott was not from a publically available source.

So most of what I wrote in that post unfortunately isn't verifiable publically online

Sometimes ss will remove a child but if parents shape up then kids who follow later can stay. Or older ones can stay and younger more vulnerable ones removed. Ss really don’t want to remove kids as even a bad home is better than going into the care system. I know this as my bestie is a social worker. She’s actually in a team for Looked After Children. If Sarah had her first baby removed due to whatever was going on in her life then she’s maybe over compensated by having so many after? And cause she has had them involved before and knew the outcome then when it came to Bernadette she’d rather lose her than all of them? She’d just had a new baby as said earlier hormones all over the place. I just think there’s something not right with Sarah. I’m not a psychiatrist but something seems off.
Absolutely true, I was on a zoom training about not removing children even if parents had addictions, but rather to use other pathways to support.

rsbm

Why can't it?

I don't think we can gauge to comment. Yes it can be used as a turn of phrase. But equally, threats to kill are extremely serious and shouldn't be played down. There's a difference between a threat the kill on if you go to the police over sexual assaults... albeit threat could still be an empty threat compared to "I could kill you sometimes" for being naughty /annoyed you

I know no one will agree, but reading AWs posts, hearing the bits from the court case and really feeling like we are missing chunks- There could be an out of the box theory that this was a dramatic plot to remove ScW from their lives. Plotted between mum and daughter and BW has rightly bailed at the last minute. AW is insistent she is alive, mum claims she is still alive, ScE claims she ran off- has she been hidden somewhere? I know very very out of the box, but happened with Shannon Matthew’s although she was discovered much quicker. Or there could be some middle ground, where this was the original plan that has failed.

I don't think we can gauge to comment. Yes it can be used as a turn of phrase. But equally, threats to kill are extremely serious and shouldn't be played down. There's a difference between a threat the kill on if you go to the police over sexual assaults... albeit threat could still be an empty threat compared to "I could kill you sometimes" for being naughty /annoyed you
I agree.

rsbm

Why can't it?
Because it cannot be proven that it was a literal threat to end life by her mother being reported by BW in her notebook and not a common turn of phrase being used to mean in serious trouble. My mother would say she'd kill me if got into any more bother when I was a youth but I never took that literally, although I would repeat it to friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member