Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he'll plead guilty because they will find nothing that would satisfy a defence of diminished responsibility. He had been able to conduct himself responsibly in his work as a police officer in the days leading up, also handing in his service weapon, even if he was indulging in risky behaviour, and knew his acts were criminal. IMO

Blimey, he must be crazily barking mad if he thinks he'll get away with manslaughter.....

How disrespectful and patronizing to Sarah and her family.

He wouldn't be the first to go that route.

Vincent Tabak did exactly that - charged with the murder of Joanna Yeates, he plead guilty to manslaughter but denied it was murder. Tabak alleged he covered the victim's mouth in an attempt to silence her scream after he tried to kiss her. Surprisingly, the vote to convict on murder was not unanimous but 10-2.

Vincent Tabak found guilty of Jo Yeates murder

I hope he pleads guilty to murder, not only for Sarah's friends and families sake but also because he is a very dangerous individual and I feel he knew exactly what he wanted to do that night.
I wouldn't be surprised however if he tries manslaughter or pleads some sort of diminished responsibility. But let's hope not!
MOO

Interesting

Julian Druker (@Julian5News) Tweeted:
Awaiting plea shortly from Met Police officer Wayne Couzens in connection with death of Sarah Everard. Met Commissioner Cressida Dick is inside the Old Bailey this morning
https://twitter.com/Julian5News/status/1413423214966022146?s=20

(ITN /Channel 5 news journalist at the Old Bailey now).

Cressida Dick at at Old Bailey apparently. Maybe we should be expecting a guilty plea?

Last edited:
Wayne Couzens pleads guilty to murdering Sarah Everard

His initial story is bizarre. Looks like it completely fell apart after questioning.

Very relieved for her family that it won’t go to full trial.

He must have had a good lawyer who, in the interests of justice, didn’t try to push for trial and instead made him take responsibility.

i didn't know he had hired the car 3 days before and bought the builders bag in preperation. It was all very premeditated. Plus was he just driving around from 7am until 9pm that night looking for the perfect target? What did he do in that time frame?

It’s so bleak. Not even in my wildest imagination did I really consider the depravity involved in the level of pre-meditation.

I was prepared to accept it was a sex-attack gone wrong. But the level of planning here is truly despicable. I imagine he’s going to be on a whole life tariff for this. I can only imagine his guilty plea is in an attempt to offer some level of contrition to maybe avoid this sentence. But I can’t see how. And this evidence they had was overwhelming. He really had no defence at all once she was found.

Prosecution clarifed that Wayne Couzens had not previously met Sarah Everard - he did not know her, they were complete strangers when he kidnapped, raped and murdered her

Prosecution say scientific evaluation of Wayne Couzen’s vehicle is underway to determine where Sarah Everard was raped and murdered - as this will affect sentencing. Despite pleading guilty, he has never revealed the truth.

Defence lawyer says Wayne Couzens feels “true and genuine guilt” and will feel remorse for rest of his life, “I deserve it” he told his lawyer. “He’s not sorry for himself - he’s sorry for what he’s done”

https://twitter.com/BeccaBarry/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member