SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sort of tangential to the lawyers taking control of everything at the hospital after the boat wreck, a few macabre questions have occurred to me.

Could AM have refused to let the bodies be removed from his property? Could he have insisted that he had the right to keep or bury his family in his own manner, on his own property, on his own time?

Was toxicology reported for the victims? Crimes happened well past happy hour. Can a survivor influence what tests or procedures are performed on a victim for lawyerly or religious reasons?

Sort of tangential to the lawyers taking control of everything at the hospital after the boat wreck, a few macabre questions have occurred to me.

Could AM have refused to let the bodies be removed from his property? Could he have insisted that he had the right to keep or bury his family in his own manner, on his own property, on his own time?

Was toxicology reported for the victims? Crimes happened well past happy hour. Can a survivor influence what tests or procedures are performed on a victim for lawyerly or religious reasons?

It does seem that AM had too much access and input in both the murder and boat crash, he wouldn’t have been able to prevent the LE from sending the victims to the ME. At least I wouldn’t think so.

The kid didn’t come up with that line on his own, IMO.

I get the sense that PM was deeply troubled, and he was for a long time. Might have been seen as a problem that needed to be taken care of, as horrific as it sounds, IMO.
There's an unfortunate comment often made down here in the South in cases like this.....'at boy needed killin'.

I've got a pop culture question that I hope someone can answer although it won't solve the mystery of the murders. It's about Paul's nickname, "Timmy".

That name had to come from somewhere. Can anyone think of a character with that name in books, films, television or video games that had a Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde split personality? Or perhaps a fictitious character who was a spoiled brat?

My apologies if this video has already been posted. I'm posting it simply to show a photo of the boat after the crash. They're are not many photos.

Paul Murdaugh charged in Feb. 24 boat crash that killed Mallory Beach

Island Packet (newspaper) - Apr 19, 2019

Re: Michael Brock, a former investigator for the S.C. Department of Natural Resources: (Brock now works for SLED)

In the following article, it is also stated that "
"Brock would be pulled as the lead investigator on the case after he disclosed a conflict of interest — his wife worked for the Murdaugh family law firm of Peters, Murdaugh, Parker, Eltzroth, Detrick during law school."

"He said he also knew the Murdaughs from being from the area. He attended parties also attended by Alex Murdaugh, Paul’s father, and had visited the Murdaugh’s river house on several occasions."

The Post and Courier News Article (published 13 hours ago):
Lawyer wants to know if police shielded Paul Murdaugh in 2019 fatal boat crash case

"Brock said in a deposition he wrote Anthony Cook’s statement for him. Brock said he was uncertain whether he recorded Cook’s statement, and he did not mention his interview with Cook on his timeline of the case. "

"Brock’s statement of the interview was contradicted by a Parris Island police officer also present during the interview. The Parris Island police officer reported that Anthony Cook said that Paul Murdaugh drove the boat and “killed my girlfriend,” referring to Mallory Beach."

"Questioned about the Parris Island officer’s statement, Brock conceded in his deposition that Anthony Cook “could have” said those things in the interview."
Deplorable isn't it.

These articles bring up unfortunate questions.

AM summoned his brothers (one a lawyer) to the crime scene in the same way his son did after the boating accident. Who arrived first…the brothers or LE? Or did they arrive around the same time?

JMR said he brother told him…”come right away!” Was this after LE had ‘secured’ the scene or before? Because this isolated…huge…expanse of property is not the typical crime scene. It would almost take a small army looking for snipers to be assured it was ‘secured.’.

When we read how AM prevented testing, interviews, etc regarding the boat crash…did the brothers function just as emotional support or was there more of this same legal “interaction” with the local LE that were first on the scene?

Hampton is a very small place.

Was AM tested for gun residue? Were LE permitted to take a statement? Was he at the scene when SLED arrived?

In other words, was AM treated that night as any other citizen of that area would be treated in the same circumstance?

The heavily redacted reports give no clue.

Several posters have pointed out that the reporting about the retrieval of MM’s phone is unclear about the circumstances of its retrieval. Who did actually pick up that phone from the road?

Are all local LE off this case now…or are they actively assisting SLED? If SLED requires a subpoena for a search…what judge, legal entity must they go to for approval?

Autopsies were performed and completed on 6/15. Toxicology reports are normally done but the results were not released.

Murdaugh homicide: Autopsy details, SLED timeline released

Autopsies were performed and completed on 6/15. Toxicology reports are normally done but the results were not released.

Murdaugh homicide: Autopsy details, SLED timeline released

Answer to one of my questions in this article…

The release added, "SLED agents have been working the case continuously since arriving on scene with the assistance of the Colleton County Sheriff’s Office deputies and others, and that work continues.

I've got a pop culture question that I hope someone can answer although it won't solve the mystery of the murders. It's about Paul's nickname, "Timmy".

That name had to come from somewhere. Can anyone think of a character with that name in books, films, television or video games that had a Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde split personality? Or perhaps a fictitious character who was a spoiled brat?

This is where I assumed the name came from- Southpark

I hope it’s ok to post because it’s just a tv show?

Which came straight to my head was the Clay motion Television Series from United Kingdom, was Children BBC Timmy Time, which the character acts in a spoilt manner demanding manner, Timmy can also be seen in Shaun The Sheep. (The Farmer thinks he is control of the farm but he is not)
I also thought it can due to PM Hair, curly and puff like the English sheep. Paul voice may have been reedy and pitched when he got upset.

I think IMO, this is not a nickname a friends gave to him but people disliked him. I actually dismiss the name, Timmy was the name they gave before the accident which has been reported in the media.
But Timmy was given to him after the accident or after his death.

My guess would be maybe Timmy from the Fairly Oddparents cartoon.

This is where I assumed the name came from- Southpark

I hope it’s ok to post because it’s just a tv show?

I found this bit in the DailyMail about Timmy.

Murdered South Carolina scion had a 'drunk alter ego Timmy' and stripped before fatal boat crash | Daily Mail Online

"Beach's family also sued Paul in civil court, where depositions released last week revealed Paul would get drunk and become a different person.

The nickname 'Timmy' started three or four years before the boat crash, testified Anthony Cook, who is Paul's cousin and was Mallory's boyfriend at the time.

'It's a different name because he turns into a completely - totally different person. So somebody will say, 'All right. Here comes Timmy. We got to go."'

Cook also testified that Paul slapped or pushed his girlfriend and stripped down to his underwear in 40 degree weather on the night of the crash."

What in the world could have been found at moselle to re open SS case? Just baffles me.

And whatever they found, they found it so quickly. Makes me wonder if this is the genesis of the statement that the public is in no danger. Because whatever they found made it clear to LE that PM was targeted because of SS.

Or IMO maybe it was something they found on PM’s cellphone…like bragging about what they did?

Or, and I hate even to post this, but teenagers make videos of awful things sometimes.

What in the world could have been found at moselle to re open SS case? Just baffles me.
I think it was talking to the obvious people that brought up SS. Lots of interviews of PM's contemporaries and case histories associated in any way with the AM family itself and AM's law firm. Lots of people to talk with and lots of repressed info can pop up and out. AJMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998