Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #63 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it true BM bought property for his mom with a plan to build a home for her? Like my MIL or not, I would have strong feelings on that. IMO
I’m not sure if that extends past the point of rumor, but that was my understanding.

It seemed BM planned to live in the area for a long time, but the dream died with Suzanne.

Now comes the nightmare.

Was it true BM bought property for his mom with a plan to build a home for her? Like my MIL or not, I would have strong feelings on that. IMO
While it's true BM purchased a building lot last June (i.e., Longhorn), I think it was only speculation that he intended to build a home for his mother on that lot.

I wonder if that's the previously mentioned Florida trip where Suzanne wanted or planned to go by herself, but Barry showed up.

So, in summer 2018, Barry signs up for volunteer firefighter training (probably level 1) in Salida. By November, they have purchased the Puma Path house, IIRC, without a bank loan (but we don't know if paper was taken back by the prior owner or if Barry knew the owners). Then we have the Christmas photo from 2019, I believe it was (it's Christmas morning, according to Suzanne's FB, the one where Barry is reading the Bible). So perhaps Suzanne wanted a kind of family reunion before she moved "out west." FL would be a good place for everyone to meet up.

I believe the road trip to visit the colleges (Barry and elder daughter, posted on Suzanne's FB, posted here as well), was Spring 2018. I'm just trying to piece together when Suzanne may have first gone to CO - did she go househunting when they bought the house in November? Or did she just look at pictures? MM says Suzanne liked the house - but we can't know for sure if that was "in love with the house" or "in love with the house Barry wanted." Many a person has fake-liked something in order to placate an ornery or abusive spouse.

Barry claims it had been 3 years since she was estranged from her family (so from early-mid 2017). Why would she be avoiding her family even before the move and even before the loan that Gene graciously gave them? Clearly, they were in touch with her family when the loan was made (and according to the siblings, afterwards, although there may have been some squabbling...)

Now we know that she reached out to her father just a month before her disappearance, and that she corresponded with Andy on her birthday - just days before she went missing. Was this renewed interest in her own family and this reaching out...uncomfortable for Barry?

Maybe he's a grudge collector.

Or someone who is really bad with estimating time. Or is motivated to estimate time in order to support his own grandiosity. By this, I mean, it's *his* calendar that counts as history and he is accustomed to restaging the past. Again, I know this sounds really familiar to a lot of you.

I mean, he did eventually put the long gun down and let Andy come on his property to look around. Not exactly to "look for Suzanne," but I bet that's what Barry's timeline says.

Imo, the whole "3 years since Suzanne had been in contact with her family" comment is par for the course for Barry.

Remember:

* George D.'s 400 tours in the Middle East.
* Barry's 3-30 hours of interrogation.
* Barry's 200 mile radius of searching for Suzanne in the first week/couple of weeks.

And I'm sure I've forgotten more than a few other exaggerations...

He has always stretched the truth, whether for dramatic effect and/or because he was blatantly lying, to prop up that narrative. His narrative, anyway. :rolleyes:

Imo, the whole "3 years since Suzanne had been in contact with her family" comment is par for the course for Barry.

Remember:

* George D.'s 400 tours in the Middle East.
* Barry's 3-30 hours of interrogation.
* Barry's 200 mile radius of searching for Suzanne in the first week/couple of weeks.

And I'm sure I've forgotten more than a few other exaggerations...

He has always stretched the truth, whether for dramatic effect and/or because he was blatantly lying, to prop up that narrative. His narrative, anyway. :rolleyes:
Not to mention that he is bad mouthing Suzanne’s family, one of whom enabled him to have the money to make the move to Colorado, in front of his grieving daughter. Barry never missed the opportunity to blame someone else. He could have texted Lauren and said the Moormans were engaging in a publicity stunt if he was so worried about his daughter’s feelings. Instead he seized the opportunity to cast aspersions on them. If you back Barry, you know who you are supposed to stay away from. Maybe it’s cause I know what he did, but that cold way he spoke, I found it unsettling.His words didn’t match his manner.

Thank you - and thank you for your earlier information, as well (about the timeline). I need to change that college search trip on my timeline - I'm sure you're right about it being 2017 now that I think about it.

It's a stressful phase for some families (children moving out), and moving in general is often way more stressful than anticipated. What keeps coming into my mind is that Barry plowed ahead, meeting people, making friends, networking, attempting to restart his business in the lean times of CO landscaping, while Suzanne's cancer recurred and she had to deal with that. I'd say this is a highly stressed family. Taking on a new mortgage is a stressor, and their financial situation seems to have been strongly tested. Leaving behind one's hometown/home state is always a shift. I feel as if this whole tragedy could have been averted with some professional care and counseling, but who knows...
To me, BM has major character deficiencies. I don't think professional care or counseling would fix the things that are wrong with him...mainly because people like him do not want to be "fixed" and because certain basic human traits are missing.
MOO

Not to mention that he is bad mouthing Suzanne’s family, one of whom enabled him to have the money to make the move to Colorado, in front of his grieving daughter. Barry never missed the opportunity to blame someone else. He could have texted Lauren and said the Moormans were engaging in a publicity stunt if he was so worried about his daughter’s feelings. Instead he seized the opportunity to cast aspersions on them. If you back Barry, you know who you are supposed to stay away from. Maybe it’s cause I know what he did, but that cold way he spoke, I found it unsettling.His words didn’t match his manner.

I think the episode that Lauren shared was a preview into what Suzanne experienced during her marriage. Barry totally gaslighted both LS and his own daughter. He agreed to talk to LS, then told the daughter a different story and turns her back against Lauren. Oh, but wait.. he doesn’t leave it there. He texted Lauren to apologize and drew her back in again.

I have no doubt this type of vicious circle and manipulation is what Suzanne experienced with Barry over and over during the marriage.

I think the episode that Lauren shared was a preview into what Suzanne experienced during her marriage. Barry totally gaslighted both LS and his own daughter. He agreed to talk to LS, then told the daughter a different story and turns her back against Lauren. Oh, but wait.. he doesn’t leave it there. He texted Lauren to apologize and drew her back in again.

I have no doubt this type of vicious circle and manipulation is what Suzanne experienced with Barry over and over during the marriage.[/QUOTE

100% Agree

I have no doubt this type of vicious circle and manipulation is what Suzanne experienced with Barry over and over during the marriage.
Yes, what was up with the apology to Lauren? What was that about? What did he have to apologize for, if he truly believed what he said to her? You’re right, I can picture him gaslighting Suzanne. Blaming her, and then apologizing and trying to make things right. As Melinda said, Suzanne was a completely compliant child, there was nothing of defiance in her character. And here was her man, her death till you part, supported her through her cancer, bound in the eyes of God, father of her children, asking her forgiveness. I am of the opinion that this happened many times in their years or marriage.

I thought it was hilarious when he promised to attend the vigil and search, as well as conduct his first on camera interview.

I’d bet not a single person here believed that would happen.

He didn’t stop there though. In order to get out of the bench dedication, he decided to place Suzanne’s mother’s statue at the location of the bike he planted.

I laughed (hard) at that, as it was the most transparent thing ever.

ITA - so sadly, he definitely has a pattern of manipulation.....

I thought it was hilarious when he promised to attend the vigil and search, as well as conduct his first on camera interview.

I’d bet not a single person here believed that would happen.

He didn’t stop there though. In order to get out of the bench dedication, he decided to place Suzanne’s mother’s statue at the location of the bike he planted.

I laughed (hard) at that, as it was the most transparent thing ever.
I think the placement of SM's beloved family statue was his final insult to her. He must have hated having that statue in his possession.

In his warped mind, he placed the statue where he fictionally ended Suzanne's life. That placement represents his freedom from her.

All my interpretation and JMO, MOO, etc.

I think the placement of SM's beloved family statue was his final insult to her. He must have hated having that statue in his possession.

In his warped mind, he placed the statue where he fictionally ended Suzanne's life. That placement represents his freedom from her.

All my interpretation and JMO, MOO, etc.
He needed everyone to believe that bike ride narrative, and he was pushing it right until the end.

It’s apparently the hill he’s chosen to die on, and I look forward to watching that play out.

I am so freakin curious how his trial is going to play out. Does he have a capable defense team?

Mark Redwine has a moronic defense team so he is headed for a guilty verdict, imo.

But I do worry about this next trial with Barry. Are his daughters going to plea for mercy on him?

I am so freakin curious how his trial is going to play out. Does he have a capable defense team?

Mark Redwine has a moronic defense team so he is headed for a guilty verdict, imo.

But I do worry about this next trial with Barry. Are his daughters going to plea for mercy on him?
He has an excellent defense team, but that doesn’t worry me.

They have Barry as a client after-all.

This isn’t like their last major case, where the jury had to decide between suicide and murder; that was winnable.

In this one, they’ll have to choose between stranger abduction or mountain lion.

Good luck with that.

He has a formidable defense team, IMO. But they are going to be trying to build a nuclear reactor with tinker toys. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa