Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I've been lurking here and wish to say thank you so much for the court update re ScW the other day. I'm a mum and my daughter knew ScW.

Needless to say, I'm heartbroken for Bernadette and absolutely raging as the revelations unfold. I've signed in just to show my appreciation.

You are incredible people here.

I no longer live in Peterborough, but there is an area near Whittlesey / Peterborough called "King's Dyke nature reserve".

As you were discussing search options and maps, I wonder if anyone has included this as a potential search area? It's very secluded with countless ponds and pits.

Thank you to those who update with court content.

The lack of media is utterly disgusting and I await the next reports from web sleuths with baited breath.

I hope that justice will be served.
Best wishes and much gratitude to you all.

Welcome to Websleuths @Hadituptohere

Here are a couple more points from the trial last week that I forgot to mention - I will make notes next time!!!
ScW claimed that the reason he didn’t say anything about SaW having Bea’s phone was because he was going along with what SaW decided - going with the flow as his barrister emphasised. He apologised and said now he knew it wasn’t the right thing to do - so admitting to perverting the course of justice. When questioned about the missing two hours he admitted to driving with SaW and the baby down the A47 eastwards towards Thorney and Kings Lynn. He said he didn’t know why he drove out that way. The reason he gave for disconnecting his phone was because it needed charging. When asked why SaW disconnected her phone for the same period he said he didn’t know.
The PC who attended Century Square asked ScW for Bea’s bag. He said he went to the back of the car but then remembered he’d put it in the lock up. When asked why he said he was decorating the girls’ bedroom and had moved a lot of their things to the lockup so they wouldn’t get paint on them. He thought it made sense to put Bea’s bag there too. He was asked if he’d looked in the bag - he said no.
I think that’s everything!

That all sounds fairly reasonable! Did ScW come across to you as innocent or guilty, MIdge28?

Now seriously …. Your 17 year old daughter jumps out the car and runs away, never to be heard from again…in her hurry, she leaves the bag she took with her for an overnight stay on the seat of the car. You and your partner know it’s been left behind because you take it into storage. And at no point do you think either of you might look inside to see if there is any clue as to where she might have gone??

obviously we know most of the above is made up to suit the story line, apart from the fact that they didn’t bother to look inside her bag! ! ! We can believe this is true because of the notebook entry found inside the bag by the police. But they didn’t need any clues for where she could possibly be, did they? They knew where she was.

Or maybe they were just too busy messaging pretending to be their missing daughter o_Oo_O

I mean didn’t they even suggest she may have changed her clothes, or altered her appearance?!! Obviously that was just to throw a bit more confusion into the mix for people looking out for ‘missing B’.

Last edited:
Hi all! I’ve been quiet here and on the fb group set up to find B too for the past week due to illness, the search didn’t go ahead Saturday due to the flooding, I had planned to myself do some searches over this week but a little afraid of doing it alone! I really feel like B will be found whether it’s due to the location being given away by ScW or people managing to find her remains, I still think of the poor girl everyday deserving a proper burial and a chance for relatives and friends to say goodbye,

if anyone is looking for someone to buddy up with to do some searches I’ve got some good locations of places to search, I brought a really helpful map last week (I’ll have to come back in the morning with the name of it!) but it folds out and goes into detail of water locations I think drains too? and grids everything,

Just to add, I’m 20 minutes down the road so pretty readily available to help do some searches,

there was a abandoned building I spotted on street view I will see if I can upload a photo that would of been within walking distance of ulsdale way, not sure what it is used for/previously used for?

Can’t seem to post the screenshot but it is where skaters way meets fulbridge road near the roundabout there is a building with a small slip road with lots of graffiti on does anyone know anything about that?

Google Maps

Think I’ve managed to tag it!

Wow, I have been past that area so many times and never noticed that before! Great find.

I am local and would love to help but my illness & disability means a physical search is not possible for me.

I too think of BW every day & so wish we could finally give her justice, a voice & most of all peace

Edited to add a p.s - I hope you are feeling better :)

Wow, I have been past that area so many times and never noticed that before! Great find.

I am local and would love to help but my illness & disability means a physical search is not possible for me.

I too think of BW every day & so wish we could finally give her justice, a voice & most of all peace

Edited to add a p.s - I hope you are feeling better :)

I had a Google last night not to sure what it is! Seems to have been abandoned for a while as some pictures on Google go back 10 years with the building covered in graffiti still!

that’s okay completely understand! Any local information is just as helpful!

I know in my heart she will be found but I really hope it will be soon, I see news reports of missing people’s bodies being found 10’s of years later and it breaks my heart that some family have passed away between that time and not know what happens to them,

thank you! I had this horrendous cold that has been going around! Took me a full week to get over but finally feeling myself now

Hi, yes I think I know the bit you mean. If so I looked around there a few weeks ago. Didn't ScW's references to Skaters Way get debunked last week though?

Did you manage to get inside? From street view it appears there’s a fence padlocked from what I can tell?

I’ve been reading through everything said on here and it was confirmed there was no scent or sign of struggle in the car,

My personal thought is that she was killed the other side of the roundabout where I tagged, there’s a small slip road and some bushes to conceal a body temporarily in those 410 steps he took, once he went back on the 19th there appears a walkthrough from that bushy area to the back of that building,

It just doesn’t make sense to me that there was no scent of her body in the car or lock up and no signs of struggle, my guess is that her body was moved by walking

When questioned about the missing two hours he admitted to driving with SaW and the baby down the A47 eastwards towards Thorney and Kings Lynn. He said he didn’t know why he drove out that way. The reason he gave for disconnecting his phone was because it needed charging. When asked why SaW disconnected her phone for the same period he said he didn’t know.
rsbm

This sounds like their road trip in the early hours of the morning of the 20th, after they'd been to Cowbit, as opposed to the dash to Kings Lynn on the night of the 23rd after they'd reported Bee missing.

Supported by these facts -

20th July

1. They both disconnected their phones at the same time, which was what he was asked to explain.
2. Sarah's phone was reconnected 2hrs 20mins later, which could be the missing 2 hours referred to.
3. Sarah and Scott were on this trip together, and Sarah said she was asleep for the trip.
4. The prosecutor has referred to a period of unexplained activity on this trip. ("Ms Wilding said: “Scott and Sarah Walker’s handsets were disconnected. Bernadette’s handset was disconnected. “There was no recorded activity from any handset or the car until Sarah’s phone reconnects at 3.03am, and is in the location of the house in Century Square at 3.07am. “There is approximately an hour and 20 minutes of unexplained activity.” "Lisa Wilding QC, prosecuting, said this time was an opportunity to dispose of Bernadette’s body.") Scott's phone was disconnected for an hour longer.

23rd July

1. Phone disconnections/reconnections haven't been noted in the trial.
2. Nothing has been said about whether they were both on this trip and Sarah wasn't asked to account for it by police.
3. Nothing has been said about missing time on this night.

So he seems to have admitted that he drove on the A47 towards Thorney/King's Lynn after being snapped on the camera at Glinton, on the morning of the 20th, which fits exactly with my earlier deduction - I'll dig out my old post and copy over the relevant portion -

His car was captured going south on the A15 near Glinton and there was still another 1.25 hours before they would get home. If he was heading for west of Glinton (towards Helpston) he would have turned off the A15 before he was spotted on the camera at Glinton. So probably not heading west.

If he turned onto Werrington Parkway he'd have been heading for built up areas and too close to home, which makes it unlikely.

That only leaves continuing on the A15 after Esso at Glinton.

I think Newborough doesn't make sense because again they could have turned off the A15 before Esso.

That only leaves continuing on the A15 and either going south of where they live or changing onto the A47, to Eye Green or Thorney.

That's where I'd put my pin in the map. I don't know these areas but just looking at google maps, perhaps Eye Green Nature Reserve, or the woodlands near Cat's Water via Nipcut Rd or Bukehorn Rd?

I think we can rule out that they drove as far as King's Lynn the early hours of the 20th - their car wasn't spotted on the ANPR cameras that did spot it heading out and returning on the evening of the 23rd, between Wisbech and King's Lynn.

So it seems they had 80 minutes to go somewhere along the A47, (more fitting with his admission of driving to the Fens on 18th?) which included the drive back home, and to do whatever they did at their unknown destination, with perhaps their disconnected phones left inside the car so not recording any steps.

Somewhere between Eye Green and Wisbech.

MOO

Did you manage to get inside? From street view it appears there’s a fence padlocked from what I can tell?

I’ve been reading through everything said on here and it was confirmed there was no scent or sign of struggle in the car,

My personal thought is that she was killed the other side of the roundabout where I tagged, there’s a small slip road and some bushes to conceal a body temporarily in those 410 steps he took, once he went back on the 19th there appears a walkthrough from that bushy area to the back of that building,

It just doesn’t make sense to me that there was no scent of her body in the car or lock up and no signs of struggle, my guess is that her body was moved by walking
I took some pics though can't remember if I posted them on here. The building is closed off by a fence (hopefully we're talking about the same building). I'll try dig the pics out to help illucidate what we're describing.

It looks from the signage that there is a cycle path there, going under the A15. Also there is a cctv warning sign on the nearby lamp post. I wonder if he gave that location because he saw that sign and thought his car might have been caught on camera parked there.

He could have left her body there temporarily, hidden among trees, and used a plastic covering in the car when he moved her.

I took some pics though can't remember if I posted them on here. The building is closed off by a fence (hopefully we're talking about the same building). I'll try dig the pics out to help illucidate what we're describing.

i believe so! I’m going to drive up there later on and although I won’t stop and venture in I’ll try and get some photos too,

It’s like two different buildings it looks like

It looks from the signage that there is a cycle path there, going under the A15. Also there is a cctv warning sign on the nearby lamp post. I wonder if he gave that location because he saw that sign and thought his car might have been caught on camera parked there.

He could have left her body there temporarily, hidden among trees, and used a plastic covering in the car when he moved her.

I was going to ask actually is it possible she could have been transported in the car dead but with something to cover the scent to avoid the detection? Or would the dogs have been able to smell through that regardless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998