Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The PC who attended Century Square asked ScW for Bea’s bag. He said he went to the back of the car but then remembered he’d put it in the lock up. When asked why he said he was decorating the girls’ bedroom and had moved a lot of their things to the lockup so they wouldn’t get paint on them. He thought it made sense to put Bea’s bag there too. He was asked if he’d looked in the bag - he said no.
rsbm

The police went to see him on September 9th. I think this must be when they asked for Bee's bag.

They had been to see CO'C the day before, and he'd shown them text messages he received on the 18th. They probably saw the text from Sarah on 18th telling him Bee's bag was in the car!

I can't explain them asking for her bag otherwise, and they'd already searched her bedroom on July 22nd, so I'm sure he put it in the lock-up right away, and moving it to decorate was just another lie.

I was going to ask actually is it possible she could have been transported in the car dead but with something to cover the scent to avoid the detection? Or would the dogs have been able to smell through that regardless
I think things like thick plastic could definitely be a barrier to decomposition odour transferring onto other surfaces, especially if the body was not stored there for long then the decomposition process would have barely started. It's different from if the dogs actually find the body wrapped in plastic, I think they would be able to detect it then.

MOO

Didn't the round up from @helenvic last week confirm that the skaters way never happened, as in he wasn't even in that area after picking her up?
I think it's not that far from the McDonalds/Esso at Glinton, so his car must have driven in that area at some point that day to get there. It could be that the prosecutor was referring to the time after his phone was disconnected, after the steps, when he has admitted driving out to the Fens.

Google Maps

Think I’ve managed to tag it!
Police were actually searching the blue mark (not sure how far they went). When I witnessed them they were definitely around there. Their van even parked where the red car is. I also couldn’t tell you when they were searching it but I 100% remember them doing it. Also a lot of paraphernalia for some sort of party nearby too.

Quick edit: I think the question has to be: how much did he plan it out, did he intentionally pick her up from his parents with the intention of ending her life so callously. How far ahead did he plan? He’s got extremely lucky so far or he’s incredibly clever. I think the former.

Attachments

• 247ABCFF-3B2B-4401-A785-69FE5B228DC3.jpeg
    247ABCFF-3B2B-4401-A785-69FE5B228DC3.jpeg
    188.6 KB · Views: 54
Police were actually searching the blue mark (not sure how far they went). When I witnessed them they were definitely around there. Their van even parked where the red car is. I also couldn’t tell you when they were searching it but I 100% remember them doing it. Also a lot of paraphernalia for some sort of party nearby too.

Quick edit: I think the question has to be: how much did he plan it out, did he intentionally pick her up from his parents with the intention of ending her life so callously. How far ahead did he plan? He’s got extremely lucky so far or he’s incredibly clever. I think the former.
Interesting area at the end of Skaters Way. It's on a public cycle route and footpath, which I would imagine being popular with dog walkers and kids hanging out. Would this be considered part of Gunthorpe in terms of the phone mast though? The prosecution appear to believe Skaters Way was a lie and that they were never there. Unless I've read that wrong.

The problem without solid data of where he was is that there’s a lot of places like this sadly. That would be one of the first places I would check and I can see why the police were there, but it’s not the suspicious looking around here. These places used to be farming areas until Peterborough gobbled them up and the parkways were built!

Interesting area at the end of Skaters Way. It's on a public cycle route and footpath, which I would imagine being popular with dog walkers and kids hanging out. Would this be considered part of Gunthorpe in terms of the phone mast though? The prosecution appear to believe Skaters Way was a lie and that they were never there. Unless I've read that wrong.
It’s a difficult one to name it, I would class it as Werrington, however as you can tell you’re a few hundred metres from Milking Nook/ Newborough. If you followed the farm track (let’s assume East - direction of travel where the car is facing) that’s about a mile and comes out near the aforementioned garden centre and I would most definitely call that Gunthorpe. There’s also a mast there but I don’t know what it controls so I’m not much use there I’m afraid.

Regarding the path? I come past it a lot and yeah there’s usually people walking but it’s not the most popular for someone walking alone (at night as well) due to the limited amount of visibility you have, you turn the corner before you can see what’s coming on the underpass. For those not local the water there doesn’t run fast and it’s only half a metre deep. Regarding where the car is on that photo, there was actually recently (February 2021 if I’m remembering correctly) a unit there, like a portable one? Not sure if that’s any relevance.

The skaters way idea may have been a complete lie in regards to his tracking, but my thought process is when his phone was switched off? could he have gone to skaters way then? I'm no expert in lying but if you were trying to make a story believable I think sometimes people add 'true' bits in or slightly relevant bits to make their story seem genuine, Maybe he passed skaters way when he was disposing of the body the first time? If that is also the case then the whole 'she ran out of the car' could also be true? she may have ran out the car to get away from him and he managed to catch her? He doesn't seem a super mastermind with some of the things mentioned in court over the past week and I believe he has been lucky, he may be trying to keep his story straight by half telling the truth?

The skaters way idea may have been a complete lie in regards to his tracking, but my thought process is when his phone was switched off? could he have gone to skaters way then? I'm no expert in lying but if you were trying to make a story believable I think sometimes people add 'true' bits in or slightly relevant bits to make their story seem genuine, Maybe he passed skaters way when he was disposing of the body the first time? If that is also the case then the whole 'she ran out of the car' could also be true? she may have ran out the car to get away from him and he managed to catch her? He doesn't seem a super mastermind with some of the things mentioned in court over the past week and I believe he has been lucky, he may be trying to keep his story straight by half telling the truth?
They first reported Skaters Way to the police as Salters Avenue which doesn't exist. I think this bit was always a lie that they couldn't even deliver straight. They wouldn't draw attention to any of the real locations unless they were completely stupid. I do agree that she ran out of the car to get away from him but that he caught her and killed her. That seems plausible to me. It wouldn't have been hard if she was in goth boots and he in trainers. I also think that is where she is buried or close by. I don't think we'll ever know where unless ScW confesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member