GUILTY MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17 in 2007; Jessica Runions, 21 in 2016; found deceased - *ARREST* #2

[URL='https://twitter.com/sheraehoneycutt']Sherae Honeycutt[URL='https://twitter.com/sheraehoneycutt']@sheraehoneycutt[/URL][/URL]
Here is Kylr Yust’s new mugshot from the department of corrections. He is no longer in Cass County. He is at the Western Reception, Diagnostic and Correctional Center waiting on his placement for incarceration.

8:13 AM · Jun 9, 2021 from Kansas City, MO

[URL='https://twitter.com/sheraehoneycutt']Sherae Honeycutt[URL='https://twitter.com/sheraehoneycutt']@sheraehoneycutt
[/URL][/URL]
Replying to
@sheraehoneycutt
The location of the center is in St. Joseph. It is unclear how long he will be at this location.

OLATHE, Kan. — The mother of a victim in a high-profile murder case is facing harassment charges in Johnson County.

Jamie Runions is charged with one misdemeanor count of harassment by phone or fax.

Runions was a witness in the murder trial of Kylr Yust, who was convicted of killing her daughter, Jessica Runions, along with Kara Kopetsky in April.

According to the affidavit, Runions sent the victim 372 messages from 27 different phone numbers between March 18, 2020 and Feb. 28, 2021. The victim had dated Runions’ ex-boyfriend.

Jessica Runions’ mom charged with sending threatening messages about daughter’s case | FOX 4 Kansas City WDAF-TV | News, Weather, Sports

Why?

OLATHE, Kan. — The mother of a victim in a high-profile murder case is facing harassment charges in Johnson County.

Jamie Runions is charged with one misdemeanor count of harassment by phone or fax.

Runions was a witness in the murder trial of Kylr Yust, who was convicted of killing her daughter, Jessica Runions, along with Kara Kopetsky in April.

According to the affidavit, Runions sent the victim 372 messages from 27 different phone numbers between March 18, 2020 and Feb. 28, 2021. The victim had dated Runions’ ex-boyfriend.

Jessica Runions’ mom charged with sending threatening messages about daughter’s case | FOX 4 Kansas City WDAF-TV | News, Weather, Sports

Why?
This is very confusing, I’m not sure what to think… anyone who can read between the lines shed a little light on this? TIA!

This is very confusing, I’m not sure what to think… anyone who can read between the lines shed a little light on this? TIA!
The way I read it was the Jessica's mother sent these text or how ever she got these message to Kylr.

I think by ex-boyfriend she is talking about Kylr. I could totally be wrong. I was very mad at first and had to calm down and then go back and read it. Maybe that should say dated Kara's ex-boyfriend. Again I am not sure about the wording.

The way I read it was the Jessica's mother sent these text or how ever she got these message to Kylr.

I think by ex-boyfriend she is talking about Kylr. I could totally be wrong. I was very mad at first and had to calm down and then go back and read it. Maybe that should say dated Kara's ex-boyfriend. Again I am not sure about the wording.
I don’t think she sent them to Kylr. I understood it as she sent them to one of Kylr’s ex-gf’s. Could also be to an ex of the guy who was living with Jessica at the time of her death. I can’t remember his name right now. I just hope this doesn’t turn into an appealable issue for the defense.

I don’t think she sent them to Kylr. I understood it as she sent them to one of Kylr’s ex-gf’s. Could also be to an ex of the guy who was living with Jessica at the time of her death. I can’t remember his name right now. I just hope this doesn’t turn into an appealable issue for the defense.

It is Jamie's ex-bf, not Jessica's:

The affidavit obtained by 41 Action News and filed by the Olathe Police Department details a slew of text messages sent to the new girlfriend of Jamie's ex-boyfriend.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kshb.com/news/local-news/mother-of-jessica-runions-sent-hundreds-of-harassing-texts-to-joco-woman?_amp=true

Thank you both for giving the correct person. I was just guessing and didn't search and further. I still don't understand why she would have done that.

CAMERON, Mo. — Convicted killer Kylr Yust was moved to a new location where he is expected to serve years behind bars.

Yust was moved from Cass County jail in Harrisonville to a Missouri Department of Corrections facility in St. Joseph in June. He is now at the Western Missouri Correctional Center in Cameron, Missouri. The facility in Cameron houses both medium and maximum security inmates.

Yust was sentenced in June for murdering 17-year-old Kara Kopetsky in 2007 and 21-year-old Jessica Runions in 2016. Their bodies were found together in a rural field in Cass County in 2017.

Kylr Yust moved to the Western Missouri Correctional Center in Cameron

CAMERON, Mo. — Convicted killer Kylr Yust was moved to a new location where he is expected to serve years behind bars.

Yust was moved from Cass County jail in Harrisonville to a Missouri Department of Corrections facility in St. Joseph in June. He is now at the Western Missouri Correctional Center in Cameron, Missouri. The facility in Cameron houses both medium and maximum security inmates.

Yust was sentenced in June for murdering 17-year-old Kara Kopetsky in 2007 and 21-year-old Jessica Runions in 2016. Their bodies were found together in a rural field in Cass County in 2017.

Kylr Yust moved to the Western Missouri Correctional Center in Cameron
Weird. Once convicted, they are normally sent there immediately because that is the place they analyze your case and determine which prison you'll be sent to. You might stay there, or you might be moved to a different prison. Maybe they changed the procedure during covid, though.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Two years after a jury convicted a Kansas City-area man of killing two women, attorneys representing Kylr Yust argue his conviction should be overturned.

Yust, 32, and his legal team began presenting their arguments to a Missouri appeals court Tuesday morning. They’re asking the appeals court to throw out Yust’s conviction or grant him a new trial.

During Yust’s murder trial, the defense argued there was no physical evidence linking Yust to the deaths of 17-year-old Kara Kopetsky in 2007 and 21-year-old Jessica Runions in 2016. They also claimed investigators had tunnel vision when investigating the murders.

But the Missouri Court of Appeals Western District judges appeared unmoved by a call for a new trial based on attorneys’ questioning.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A Missouri appeals court is upholding the original conviction of a Kansas City-area man in the killing of two women.

The Missouri Court of Appeals Western District handed down the opinion regarding the Kylr Yust appeal on Tuesday. It found no error and affirms the trial court’s original judgement.

@Niner

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back